We are an Adobe Authorised Training Centre and our trainers are Adobe Certified Instructors with years of experience teaching DPS. Get the Digital Publishing skills you need with our experienced DPS professionals.
Adobe Digital Publishing Suite - Single Edition Introduction 2 Days - London
Reach a whole new digital market as you use your existing InDesign knowledge to produce interactive content for iPads and other mobile devices. Our tips will show you how to appeal to a huge audience by building and publishing adaptive layouts that take full advantage of the tablet medium.
With our help, you will take your current knowledge of InDesign and apply it to creating engaging, interactive content ready for publication on mobile platforms. We will show you how to set up your output to support scrolling, swiping, pinching, and zooming on tablets. You will end the course by creating and testing your own 'Single Edition' app. Bring your own tablet and try it for yourself!
|Price:||£550.00 ex VAT|
|Version:||Adobe Digital Publishing Suite|
|Duration:||2 Days (10am-5pm)|
|Computer:||Windows & Mac|
15 May - 16 May
- Full Outline
- What's Included
- Make Enquiry
- Related Courses
- Bespoke Training
DPS Introduction 2 Days Overview
This 2-day Introduction course will enhance your existing knowledge of Adobe InDesign by showing you everything you need to use the Adobe Digital Publishing Suite. With this powerful tool, designers and agencies now have an easy way to publish interactive media for mobile users across the world. Our course will give you the tips to get started in this fast-growing market.
Together, we will build a 'Single Edition' app, allowing you to deliver dynamic, engaging content on mobile and tablet devices. Feel free to bring along your own iPad or Android tablet so you can test the results for yourself. (Just make sure to download the latest Adobe Content Viewer from the relevant app store before the course.)
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Navigate the Digital Publishing Suite environment
- Design and lay out mobile documents
- Specify safe areas and page orientations for mobile devices
- Build articles that support horizontal swiping, pinch and zoom, and more
- Adjust display rules for multiple types of tablet
- Create proper folder structures
- Add hyperlinks and multi-state objects to your content
- Produce a 'Single Edition' app
Our goal is for you to understand how to publish your own interactive content on mobile and tablet devices.
Course Target Audience and delegate prerequisites
This course is intended for those who wish to enhance their existing knowledge of InDesign and who work as graphic designers, creative professionals, print professionals, publishers, pre-press professionals, or marketing communications professionals.
You will need basic experience in using InDesign. Ideally, you will have taken our Adobe InDesign CC Introduction 2 Day course.
DPS Introduction 2 Days Course OutlineIntroduction
- The future of publishing
- Course objectives
- Overview of the DPS Workflow
- Using Adobe IDs for the DPS
- DPS pricing options
- Bringing the future to the present
- System requirements
- Installing the DPS tools
- DPS resources
- Digital page orientation
- Smooth scrolling articles
- Swipe articles horizontally
- Snap to page articles
- Pinch and zoom articles
- Horizontal/Vertical orientation
- Smooth scrolling articles
- Documents for multiple devices
- Multiple renditions
- Folder structure
- Creating interactive overlays
- Supported/Unsupported features
- Best practice
- The Overlay Creator panel
- Links using the buttons panel
- Links using the hyperlinks panel
- Links to other articles
- Web page hyperlinks
- Email hyperlinks
- Article hyperlinks
- Create multi-state objects
- Slideshow overlay settings
- Slideshow overlay options
- Create an image sequence overlay
- Specify image sequence settings
- Video overlays
- Audio overlays
- Place an audio file into an article
- Add a progressive playback skin
- Placing a video poster frame
- Place a panorama file
- Specify panorama overlay settings
- Overlay creator options
- Place image into document
- Pan and zoom tips
- Specify pan and zoom settings
- Scrollable frame ‘pan’ method
- The ‘Paste Into’ command
- Scrollable text frame ‘pan’ method
- Adding web content
- Insert a ‘local’ HTML file
- Scale and interactive options
- The Folio Builder panel
- Filter displayed folios
- Sort folios
- Signing into the folio panel
- Create, share and delete a folio
- Create local folios
- From an open InDesign document
- Add layout to an article
- Structuring folders
- Import InDesign documents
- Add and change article properties
- Edit and update an article
- Copy an article to another folio
- Rename and delete an article
- Changing the order of articles
- DPS Dashboard Folio Producer
- DPS Single Edition features
- Types of custom viewer apps
- Single Folio viewer app
- Using the Folio Producer
- Folio Producer Editor
- The Adobe Content Viewer
- Create offline folios
- Previewing iPad content
- Previewing Android content
- Previewing Playbook content
- Create a Single Edition folio
- Create a Single Edition viewer app
The following are provided for your best experience on this course:
- All computers for your use with choice of Windows or Mac systems
- Small class size (limited to a maximum of 4-8 attendees on all sessions)
- Quality reference manual for post course reference to take away with you
- 6 months post course support to assist you where needed
- Official Adobe Authorised Certificate for your successful completion of the course
- Lunch To give you the most flexible options for lunch we provide lunch vouchers which can be redeemed locally at a number of popular eateries including Pret A Manger, EAT, Starbucks, Tesco, Sainsburys, Boots and Greggs
- Refreshments to keep you on top form are available for you throughout the course with a full range of teas, coffees and biscuits
- Pads and pens
Daily course times run between 10am and 5pm with an hour break for lunch and both mid morning and mid-afternoon refreshment breaks. We recommend arrival at 9.45am for registration on the first day of the course.
Further details on benefits included with this Adobe Digital Publishing Suite course:
Included with your course booking for all delegates on this course is 6 months free support so if you run into problems or need assistance relating to anything covered during your course we would be happy to assist you during this time.
After your Adobe class with XChange Training you will receive our official Adobe Authorised Training Certificate as a record of your successful completion of the Adobe Certified DPS course.
Delegates attending scheduled or bespoke courses at our training centres will receive lunch and plentiful refreshments including tea, coffee and hot chocolate for each day of the course.
This course is provided at the XChange Training main London training centre based at:5 St John’s Lane
Click to View Full details of our London Training Venue and Course options
St John’s Lane is located in the heart of Clerkenwell close to the junction of Farringdon and Clerkenwell Road. Farringdon tube & train station is just a few minutes away and the training centre can also be accessed from Chancery Lane and Barbican tubes in about 10 minutes. There is also easy direct access by bus from Waterloo (243) and West End (55) with nearby stops.
Daily course times run between 10am and 5pm with an hour break for lunch and both mid morning and mid-afternoon refreshment breaks.
Scheduled Course Enquiry
If you are considering this DPS Introduction 2 Days Course but would like further information simply send us your query quickly & easily with the form below. Whether you would like to check date availability, pricing, course suitability or just need further information about a course send us your query and we will get you a swift reply, usually within 2 business hours!
Bespoke Adobe Digital Publishing Suite Training
Our bespoke course options for Adobe Digital Publishing Suite training are shown below:
Bespoke Adobe Digital Publishing Suite Training Courses
Excellent Instructor, easy to follow and made the day delightful!
Selina Phillips-Boyd, Spafax, DPS - 2 Day Introduction
I learned a lot within just one day, the instructor was very competent and tailored the session to my company's needs.
Marina Kozlova, Hangar Seven, DPS - 2 Day Introduction
Thoroughly enjoyable course. I have learned a great deal over the two days, putting a lot of things into perspective.
Jill Williamson, East of England Development Agency, HTML & CSS - 2 Day Introduction
Thank you very much. Everything was presented in a clear manner and the tutor was really helpful.
Nawar Albazaz, Vectorworks - 2 Day Introduction
Good very clear instructing, especially given that this was the first time I used the software. Excellent.
Sarah Tennant, Christies, Bespoke Apple Keynote 1 Day Introduction
Excellent course content and structured in such a way that it is easy to understand for the beginner. Thank you for the excellent course.
Tami Penswick, Yahoo, HTML & CSS - 2 Day Introduction
I found the instructor very helpful and knowledgeable. I would like to return for further training...
Rebecca Sanderson, Frank Cass, Database Publishing - 1 Day Introduction
Excellent instructor, very knowledgeable and easy to talk to. Also, was very good at tailoring the course to suit the speed/competency of the pupils. I enjoyed the course immensely.
Nik Dyer, MWH Global, HTML & CSS - Two Day Introduction
I now feel very confident with Photoshop, the last two days have helped build my knowledge of the program and I look forward to trying out the new things I have learnt.
Alex Goodman, iris Culture, Photoshop - 1 Day Introduction
Very detailed and informative. The overall experience was very
good and I would definitely attend another class.
Shane Pennington-Cooper, Shop Direct, After Effects - 2 Day Introduction