We are an Adobe Authorised Training Centre and our trainers are Adobe Certified Instructors with years of experience teaching InDesign. Get the layout skills you need with our experienced InDesign professionals.
Adobe InDesign CC Print Production 1 Day - London
Put the focus on improving print output as you join us to learn about transparencies, PDF standards, preflighting, and more. Learn the skills you need to give your print designs the professional treatment.
We will show you the systems and standards used in InDesign so that your print-ready output can look its best. We will cover best practices in colour mapping, previewing and packaging for hand-off. Our tips will help you make your documents shine and you will come away understanding the techniques that make the all difference in producing professional documents for print.
|Price:||£275.00 ex VAT|
|Version:||Adobe InDesign CC|
|Duration:||1 Day (10am - 5pm)|
|Computer:||Windows & Mac|
- Full Outline
- What's Included
- Make Enquiry
- Related Courses
- Bespoke Training
InDesign Print Production 1 Day Overview
This 1-day Introduction course will enhance your existing knowledge of Adobe InDesign CC by focusing on print production. Together, we will discuss some of the less well-known features of the program, and you will gain an understanding of the concepts behind the production of consistent, professional output for print.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Handle transparencies, layering, and flattening
- Understand why, when, and how to use the Preflight panel
- Package files for hand-off to a print provider
- Configure presets and export PDF files
Specialist courses require specialist trainers: your instructor for the day will be an Adobe Acrobat and InDesign Certified Instructor and a current member of the Ghent PDF Workgroup.
Our goal is to help you understand and implement the techniques necessary to improve the quality and consistency of your print output.
Course Target Audience and delegate prerequisites
This course is intended for graphic designers, creative professionals, print professionals, publishers, pre-press professionals, and marketing communications professionals.
You will need basic PC or Mac skills, including a solid understanding of a computer's operating system (Windows or Mac OS). You will also need to know how to launch a program, create and save files, and copy files from CDs and other media.
InDesign CC Print Production 1 Day Course OutlineConfiguring your environment
- Configuring rich black parameters
- Overprint preview options
- Testing overprinting object control
- Generating a new workspace
- Reverting to default
- Configuring palettes
- Tearing and docking palettes
- Using the Printing and Proofing options
- Fixing missing fonts globally
- Examing OpenType and CFF formats
- Updating paragraph styles
- Checking link resolutions
- Embedding options
- Link colour space and resolution issues
- Preview and fix transparency issues
- Preview and fix separation issues
- Preview and fix ink densities
- Use object layering and stacking
- Identify transparency
- Exploring the flattening process
- Discuss between live and flattened objects
- (cross reference PDF/X-4 and 5)
- Build swatches in Pantone and CMYK
- Understanding the alternate colour space
- Remapping colours
- Removing unused colours
- Adobe PDF Library core technology
- Exploring the presets and modifying
- Differences between Distiller and Export
- Brief explanation of the PDF Specification
- Create and use intent driven print presets
- Saving and loading shared presets
- Understand print drivers, PPDs, colour-space, postscript levels, registration, trim and bleed and colour conversion options. The benefits of simulation on output, OPI and flattening
- Examine preflight checks
- Output of fonts include CJK
- Differences between in-document content and PDF Export considerations
- Other preflight alternatives
- Packaging for print provider output
- Reading the preflight report
- What items are checked by InDesign
- Font licensing and embedding
- Pros and Cons of Packagiing
- PDF/X-1a and PDF/X-3 standards
- New PDF/X-4, 4p and 4g
- Benefits of ISO standards and the future
- Adobe PDF Print Engine
The following are provided for your best experience on this course:
- All computers for your use with choice of Windows or Mac systems
- Small class size (limited to a maximum of 4-8 attendees on all sessions)
- Quality reference manual for post course reference to take away with you
- 6 months post course support to assist you where needed
- Official Adobe Authorised Certificate for your successful completion of the course
- Lunch To give you the most flexible options for lunch we provide lunch vouchers which can be redeemed locally at a number of popular eateries including Pret A Manger, EAT, Starbucks, Tesco, Sainsburys, Boots and Greggs
- Refreshments to keep you on top form are available for you throughout the course with a full range of teas, coffees and biscuits
- Pads and pens
Daily course times run between 10am and 5pm with an hour break for lunch and both mid morning and mid-afternoon refreshment breaks. We recommend arrival at 9.45am for registration on the first day of the course.
Further details on benefits included with this Adobe InDesign CC course:
Included with our InDesign courses is the Brilliant InDesign book provided for free to use as a post course reference resource. This is a full 300+ page manual to supplement the content covered during the course.
Included with your course booking for all delegates on this course is 6 months free support so if you run into problems or need assistance relating to anything covered during your course we would be happy to assist you during this time.
After your Adobe class with XChange Training you will receive our official Adobe Authorised Training Certificate as a record of your successful completion of the Adobe Certified InDesign course.
Delegates attending scheduled or bespoke courses at our training centres will receive lunch and plentiful refreshments including tea, coffee and hot chocolate for each day of the course.
This course is provided at the XChange Training main London training centre based at:5 St John’s Lane
Click to View Full details of our London Training Venue and Course options
St John’s Lane is located in the heart of Clerkenwell close to the junction of Farringdon and Clerkenwell Road. Farringdon tube & train station is just a few minutes away and the training centre can also be accessed from Chancery Lane and Barbican tubes in about 10 minutes. There is also easy direct access by bus from Waterloo (243) and West End (55) with nearby stops.
Daily course times run between 10am and 5pm with an hour break for lunch and both mid morning and mid-afternoon refreshment breaks.
Scheduled Course Enquiry
If you are considering this InDesign CC Print Production 1 Day Course but would like further information simply send us your query quickly & easily with the form below. Whether you would like to check date availability, pricing, course suitability or just need further information about a course send us your query and we will get you a swift reply, usually within 2 business hours!
Bespoke Adobe InDesign Training
Our bespoke course options for Adobe InDesign training are shown below:
Bespoke Adobe InDesign CC Training Courses
Bespoke Adobe InDesign CS6 Training Courses
Trainer was very knowledgeable and professional - good amount of bespoke content covered.
Victoria Portwin, Gottex, InDesign - 1 Day Bespoke
Excellent explanation, professional and friendly approach. Very clear in explanations. Overall an excellent trainer.
Andrew Shelmerdine, Vinci Academy, InDesign - 2 Day Advanced
Impressive course! Many thanks also for the InDesign Shortcuts & Preference Guide which will be very useful and are greatly appreciated
Tom Gilling, Vividesigns, InDesign - 4 Day Masterclass
I had no knowledge of InDesign prior to this training, now I feel like I can use it with confidence. The course has equipped me with new skills and knowledge that has made me genuinely excited to get back to work and use this software.
Sam Wright, Industrial Tomography Systems, InDesign Introduction - 2 Days
It was good fun, informative and I feel like I learnt a lot. It has also made me want to do more courses.
Stephanie Razis, Salamanca, InDesign - 2 Day Introduction
Very organized training course covered all the basics needed and ran efficiently and in a nice relaxed and amenable environment.
Amaya Climent, The Crown Estate, InDesign - 1 Day Essentials
Very in-depth and thorough training for people completely new to the program. Covers everything you'd need to know at a very reasonable pace.
Andy Porter, Breaking Free Online, InDesign Introduction - 2 Days
The trainer was easy to follow and very easy going, which creates a excellent training environment. I will certainly be coming back in the future. A great teacher and a great course!
Scott Godfrey, InDesign - 4 Day Masterclass
Excellent, answered all of my questions, now familiar with all of the shortcuts and tools I hoped to be familiar with. A great introduction that will save me a lot of time.
Robyn Wyatt, NHS Christie, InDesign - 2 Day Bespoke
Excellent facilities, close to the station. The tutor really understood the program and the work of designers. He taught more than was required and answered advanced questions with knowledge and understanding. The course will help me enormously with my work and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend XChange Training to my fellow colleagues and friends.
Gary Stafford, Shoreline Housing Partnership, InDesign - 1 Day Introduction