We are an Adobe Authorised Training Centre and our trainers are Adobe Certified Instructors with years of experience teaching Muse. Get the Web skills you need with from our experienced Muse professionals.
Adobe Muse Essentials Introduction 1 Day - London
Learn the basics of this revolutionary web-design program. Our introduction will show you the first steps in creating attractive, simple websites, and is an essential starting point for anyone interested in producing code-free pages for the web.
After we guide you through the essentials of controlling the Muse environment, we will show you how to combine text and graphics to produce visually appealing websites. The intuitive layout features of the program will allow you to get up and running in no time. This course is an excellent way to get started in web design, especially for those who prefer to avoid writing any code.
|Price:||£275.00 ex VAT|
|Version:||Adobe Muse CC|
|Duration:||1 Day (10am - 5pm)|
|Computer:||Windows & Mac|
- Full Outline
- What's Included
- Make Enquiry
- Related Courses
- Bespoke Training
Muse Essentials Introduction 1 Day Overview
This 1-day Essentials course helps you learn about the tools and features available in Adobe Muse CC. We will help you understand how graphic designers can use this powerful program to quickly build attractive websites. With the focus on a visual approach to all aspects of web design, this course is perfect for anyone who would prefer not to deal with HTML and CSS code.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Create and structure a web page
- Format your content through the use of master pages
- Add images and navigation to your pages
- Import and control text
- Manage forms and slideshows
- Publish a working web page
Our goal is for you to be able to create a simple but attractive website without the need to learn any code.
Course Target Audience and delegate prerequisites
The course is intended for visual/graphic designers who already have some experience of Adobe Creative Cloud programs, and who wish to produce content for the web.
You will need basic PC or Mac skills, including a solid understanding of a computer's operating system (Windows or Mac OS). You will also need to know how to launch a program, create and save files, and copy files from CDs and other media. Some experience of Creative Cloud programs will be helpful.
Muse Essentials Introduction 1 Day Course OutlineMuse Key Concepts
- Differences of web and print design
- Understanding web graphics
- Creating web graphics
- Working with the different views
- Previewing a site
- Understanding the tools
- Switching between the tools
- Understanding the current selection
- Zooming and magnifying
- Exploring the new site options
- Creating a sitemap
- Setting up master pages
- Changing page attributes
- Creating a browser fill
- Understanding page guides
- Establishing headers and footers
- Changing site and page properties
- Adding page metadata
- Creating a favicon
- Importing graphics
- Working with graphics
- Using an image as a background
- Understanding the Assets panel
- Understanding asset size and resolution
- Transforming objects
- Locking objects
- Working with groups
- Understanding stacking order
- Using ruler guides
- Using the Align panel
- Rounding Corners
- Creating graphic styles
- Wrapping an object around text
- Pinning an object to the browser
- Getting text into Muse
- Formatting your text
- Working with web-safe and system fonts
- Working with Typekit fonts
- Create paragraph styles
- Creating character styles
- Setting style export tags
- Creating colour swatches
- Working with stroke and fills
- Using gradients
- Working with link styles
- Using link anchors
- Using the States panel
- Importing a Photoshop button
- Understanding widgets
- Building an accordion panel
- Setting up a tabbed panel
- Creating a thumbnail slideshow
- Creating a lightbox slideshow
- Inserting a map
- Embedding videos
- Working with Twitter
- Adding a Facebook Like button
- Exporting your site to HTML
- Uploading your site via FTP
- Publishing your site to Business Catalyst
The following are provided for your best experience on this course:
- All computers for your use with choice of Windows or Mac systems
- Small class size (limited to a maximum of 4-8 attendees on all sessions)
- Quality reference manual for post course reference to take away with you
- 6 months post course support to assist you where needed
- Official Adobe Authorised Certificate for your successful completion of the course
- Lunch To give you the most flexible options for lunch we provide lunch vouchers which can be redeemed locally at a number of popular eateries including Pret A Manger, EAT, Starbucks, Tesco, Sainsburys, Boots and Greggs
- Refreshments to keep you on top form are available for you throughout the course with a full range of teas, coffees and biscuits
- Pads and pens
Daily course times run between 10am and 5pm with an hour break for lunch and both mid morning and mid-afternoon refreshment breaks. We recommend arrival at 9.45am for registration on the first day of the course.
Further details on benefits included with this Adobe Muse CC course:
Included with our Muse courses is the Brilliant Muse book provided for free to use as a post course reference resource. This is a full 300+ page manual to supplement the content covered during the course.
Included with your course booking for all delegates on this course is 6 months free support so if you run into problems or need assistance relating to anything covered during your course we would be happy to assist you during this time.
After your Adobe class with XChange Training you will receive our official Adobe Authorised Training Certificate as a record of your successful completion of the Adobe Certified Muse course.
Delegates attending scheduled or bespoke courses at our training centres will receive lunch and plentiful refreshments including tea, coffee and hot chocolate for each day of the course.
This course is provided at the XChange Training main London training centre based at:5 St John’s Lane
Click to View Full details of our London Training Venue and Course options
St John’s Lane is located in the heart of Clerkenwell close to the junction of Farringdon and Clerkenwell Road. Farringdon tube & train station is just a few minutes away and the training centre can also be accessed from Chancery Lane and Barbican tubes in about 10 minutes. There is also easy direct access by bus from Waterloo (243) and West End (55) with nearby stops.
Daily course times run between 10am and 5pm with an hour break for lunch and both mid morning and mid-afternoon refreshment breaks.
Scheduled Course Enquiry
If you are considering this Muse Essentials Introduction 1 Day Course but would like further information simply send us your query quickly & easily with the form below. Whether you would like to check date availability, pricing, course suitability or just need further information about a course send us your query and we will get you a swift reply, usually within 2 business hours!
Bespoke Adobe Muse Training
Our bespoke course options for Adobe Muse training are shown below:
Bespoke Adobe Muse CC Training Courses
A very informative course, thanks!
Petro Papucis, Research Now, Muse & Edge - 2 Day Masterclass
Got everything I wanted and more. Will highly recommend.
Elisa McCafferty, Muse - 1 Day Introduction
A very informative course, the content is topical and well researched. The instructor was extremely knowledgeable and helpful.
Peter Dixon, Dixon Design, Bespoke Muse Introduction - 2 Days
The private course was very helpful and really tailored to our requirements.
Sue Reeve, John Lewis, QuarkXPress - 2 Day Introduction
Thoroughly enjoyed the training and picked up very useful tips on using QuarkXpress.
Vivien Brown, Frank Cass, QuarkXPress - 2 Day Introduction
I found the instructor very helpful and knowledgeable. I would like to return for further training...
Rebecca Sanderson, Frank Cass, Database Publishing - 1 Day Introduction
The tailored training idea is excellent and I had contact with my instructor beforehand who gave me advice. The facilities are very nice and convenient.
Calliste Lelliott, Friends of the Earth, FileMaker Pro - 2 Day Introduction
The trainer was very informative and very patient! Thanks
Trisha White, Countrywide Assured Group plc, QuarkXPress - 2 Day Introduction
Trainer did a great job explaining Enfocus PitStop with clear instructions
Brenda Youngman, Cambridge University Press, PitStop Pro - 1 Day Introduction
Very knowledgeable staff that understood common faults and errors and appreciated our requirements.
Miguel Rodriguez, Blenheim Colour, PitStop Pro - 1 Day Introduction