We are an Adobe Authorised Training Centre and our trainers are Adobe Certified Instructors with years of experience teaching Premiere Pro. Get the Video skills you need with our Premiere Pro professionals.
Adobe Premiere Pro CC Masterclass 4 Days - Cardiff
Go from being a novice to mastering the advanced tasks in the leading video-editing program. Join us as we show you how to take charge and become a Premiere Pro power user. Add consistency and style to your digital-video projects.
We will guide you on everything from getting started with simple video edits and controlling the Premiere Pro environment all the way up to applying complex transitions, time lapses, and other effects. You will become confident in mastering the tools that will make your digital videos shine.
|Price:||£995.00 ex VAT|
|Version:||Adobe Premiere Pro CC|
|Duration:||4 Days (10am-5pm)|
|Computer:||Windows & Mac|
06 Nov - 09 Nov
- Full Outline
- What's Included
- Make Enquiry
- Related Courses
- Bespoke Training
Premiere Pro Masterclass 4 Days Overview
This 4-day Masterclass course will help you learn about the tools and features available for power users of Adobe Premiere Pro. We will guide you in learning the work area and importing and editing simple digital videos. Once you grasp the basics of the program, we will show you how to take your understanding to the next level. We will cover advanced topics such as adjusting frame rates, working with alpha channels, adding time lapses, and much more.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Navigate the Premiere Pro environment
- Organise video projects
- Assemble and fine-tune clip sequences
- Apply transitions and video effects
- Add titles and credits
- Make and refine rough cuts
- Import and adjust audio clips
- Export video
- Handle different frame rates through overcranking and undercranking
- Create time lapses
- Work with alpha channels
- Synchronise clips from multiple cameras
- Apply colour correction
- Fix audio issues and add audio effects
Course Target Audience and delegate prerequisites
This course is intended for those who need to edit video clips and create digital movies, but who have little or no experience using Premiere Pro or other video-editing programs.
You will need basic PC or Mac skills, including a solid understanding of a computer's operating system (Windows or Mac OS). You will also need to know how to launch a program, create and save files, and copy files from CDs and other media.
Premiere Pro CC Masterclass Course OutlineIntroduction
- Opening Premiere Pro – getting started
- Workspaces - what, why, how?
- Importing assets into Premiere Pro
- Media browser
- Organisation - bins and things
- Metadata - what, why, how?
- Making selections
- Project panel & Source Monitor
- Storyboarding your rough cut
- Creating a timeline
- Thinking ahead - track allocation
- Understanding Track Headers
- Useful Keyboard Shortcuts
- Sub-clips - what, why and how?
- Targeting tracks
- Toggle Sync-lock
- Insert & overlay edits
- Three-point edit options
- Four-point edits
- J and L cuts
- Lift and extract
- Timeline panel options
- Timeline tools
- Moving clips in the timeline
- Extend edits
- Replacing clips in the timeline
- The 2 types of transitions in Premiere Pro
- Jump-cuts & clip transitions - when to use which?
- Default transitions
- Single ended transitions - what, why, when and how?
- Editing transitions
- Layer based transitions
- Light-leak style transitions with blend modes
- Pips (Picture in Picture) effects
- Animating objects
- Making pictures fit your timeline
- Additional important preferences
- Perspective corner-pin
- Nesting options in Premiere Pro - why, when, how?
- Applying and customising effects
- Limiting effects to specific areas
- Tracking masks
- Organisation - creating and using a titles Bin
- Creating text based titles
- Creating and editing your own title styles
- Exporting and importing titles
- Creating lower or upper thirds
- Inserting graphics into titles
- Title based on previous title
- Creating and using title templates
- Inserting a graphic into rolling/crawling titles
- Creating dual-mono from stereo pairs
- Recording narration directly into Premiere Pro
- Basic keyframe based audio animation
- Audio Clip mixer animation
- Exporting a still image
- Project management options
- Dynamic Link with After Effects
- Exporting directly from Premiere Pro and using ‘Media Encoder’
- Exporting different formats
- XML/AAF - cross-platform export options - why, when and how?
- As cameras get bigger and bigger sensors the file size of the content gets bigger and bigger and can bog down the editing process such that it may seem like only very fast and expensive machines can edit such content. However, the new proxy workflow in Premiere Pro allows for the creation and use of low-res versions of the bigger files which can then be editing on any machine that can run Premiere Pro and then exported from the bigger high quality files rather than the lower resolution proxies. We will cover this workflow in detail
- Learn how to use keyboard shortcuts to quickly and efficiently edit your timelines in Premiere Pro
- Discover how to find and customise all your keyboard shortcuts in Premiere Pro
- Overview of preferences
- Multicam editing is great fun and a very powerful way of creating more compelling video. We will look at the whole multicam workflow including how to sync external audio with clips that only have low quality camera audio
- Flattening your multicam edit – why and how?
- Colour correction vs. Colour grading - what’s the difference?
- What tools do you actually need for a proper grade?
- Lumetri panel
- Master grading vs. Clip grading
- Primary options
- Secondary option
- Building a grade
- LUTs - what, why, when and how?
- Additional colour tools in Premiere Pro
- Conform exports and imports XML/AAF - why and when?
- HDR tools in Premiere Pro - a discussion
- Timeline audio options
- Audition editing options
- Audio clip vs. Audio track mixer & keyframe views
- Applying audio effects to clips and tracks
- Automation modes
- Parametric EQ
- Tube-modelled compressor
- Submixes - what, why and how?
- Recording audio into the Premiere Pro timeline
- Overview of plugin options for Premiere Pro
- Open captions - why and how?
- While there are keying plugins inside of After Effects which we will look into, we will also look at the excellent dynamic link workflow with After Effects and how that can be used to apply much more advanced keying effects than the native Premiere Pro keyers.
- Motion tracking via After Effects
- We will look at the VR capabilities within PP and how to find and use the tools available
- Project management options
- Export through Premiere Pro
- Effects options for export
- Export through Media Encoder
- Creating and using a watch-folder in Media Encoder
- Customising presets in Media Encoder
- Creating preset group folders in Media Encoder
The following are provided for your best experience on this course:
- All computers for your use with choice of Windows or Mac systems
- Small class size (limited to a maximum of 4-8 attendees on all sessions)
- Quality reference manual for post course reference to take away with you
- 6 months post course support to assist you where needed
- Official Adobe Authorised Certificate for your successful completion of the course
- Lunch To give you the most flexible options for lunch we provide lunch vouchers which can be redeemed locally at a number of popular eateries including Pret A Manger, EAT, Starbucks, Tesco, Sainsburys, Boots and Greggs
- Refreshments to keep you on top form are available for you throughout the course with a full range of teas, coffees and biscuits
- Pads and pens
Daily course times run between 10am and 5pm with an hour break for lunch and both mid morning and mid-afternoon refreshment breaks. We recommend arrival at 9.45am for registration on the first day of the course.
Further details on benefits included with this Adobe Premiere Pro CC course:
Included with our Premiere Pro courses is the Premiere Pro Classroom in a Book provided for free to use as a post course reference resource. This is a full 300+ page manual to supplement the content covered during the course.
Included with your course booking for all delegates on this course is 6 months free support so if you run into problems or need assistance relating to anything covered during your course we would be happy to assist you during this time.
After your Adobe class with XChange Training you will receive our official Adobe Authorised Training Certificate as a record of your successful completion of the Adobe Certified Premiere Pro course.
Delegates attending scheduled or bespoke courses at our training centres will receive lunch and plentiful refreshments including tea, coffee and hot chocolate for each day of the course.
This course is provided at the Cardiff training centre located at:Brunel House
2 Fitzalan Road
The Cardiff training centre is located in Brunel House which is only 3 minutes on foot from Cardiff Queen Street train station. Trains to/from Cardiff Central station run every 10 minutes. Directly opposite the building is a convenient NCP car park.
Daily course times run between 10am and 5pm with an hour break for lunch and both mid morning and mid-afternoon refreshment breaks.
Scheduled Course Enquiry
If you are considering this Premiere Pro CC Masterclass Course but would like further information simply send us your query quickly & easily with the form below. Whether you would like to check date availability, pricing, course suitability or just need further information about a course send us your query and we will get you a swift reply, usually within 2 business hours!
Bespoke Adobe Premiere Pro Training
Our bespoke course options for Adobe Premiere Pro training are shown below:
Bespoke Adobe Premiere Pro CC Training Courses
Bespoke Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 Training Courses
Good fun, informative and knowledgeable. Would recommend
Dylan Savage, Kingston University, Premiere Pro 101 - 3 Day Introduction
The tutor enforced my good understanding of this software but he also helped me use it in a much more efficient and productive way. It was a very well structured course... thank you!
Helen Cunliffe, NHS Trust, Premiere Pro - 2 Day Introduction
Found the course extremely interesting and tremendously useful. The instructor was a fountain of knowledge and provided great training materials to actively use. Although the course had a lot of commercial content there was so much that was absolutely relevant to the classroom. The attention to detail and excellence is quite inspiring.
John Whitehead, Hawkley High School, Premiere Pro - 2 Day Advanced
Excellent training day, very knowledgeable and friendly instructor. Good to have one-to-one tuition as covered a lot of topics.
Nadia Valkanova, Schuh, Premiere Pro - 1 Day Advanced
Very well presented, informative and organised 2 day training course for Premiere Pro. Thank you.
Paul Sloey, Jacobs, Premiere Pro - 2 Day Bespoke
Very enjoyable two days. Excellent learning experience from our instructor - his attitude and knowledge was spot on. Would definitely recommend XChange Training services to any future clients.
Alan Galbraith, NHS Trust, Premiere Pro - 2 Day Introduction
Had a great 2 days with a very knowledgeable and friendly trainer. Thank you.
John Thompson, Greater Manchester Police, Premiere Pro - 2 Day Introduction
Fantastic, well-paced course with excellent instructor - both in terms of knowledge and delivery.
Paul Duthie, Pennine Care NHS, Adobe Premiere Pro - 2 Day Introduction
The Instructor was very knowledgeable in the subject matter and as the training could become heavy in places she managed to lighten the atmosphere with a good sense of humour!
Andy Jackson, Southdowns College, Premiere Pro 101 - 3 Day Introduction
Small group allowed for conversation around relevant topics. Thanks
Leon Malletton, University of Sheffield, Premiere Pro - 2 Day Introduction