Our trainers are QuarkXPress Authorised with years of experience teaching QuarkXPress. Get the design skills you need with our QuarkXPress professionals.
QuarkXPress 9 Introduction 2 Days - London
Learn the fundamentals of QuarkXPress as we guide you through this introduction to the powerful desktop-publishing program. We will show you how to build layouts perfect for print or for digital-publishing formats such as eBook and ePub.
After we give you a complete tour of the QuarkXPress environment, we will show you how to combine text and graphics to produce output that is ready for your print provider. With our tips, you will be able to create consistent, multi-page designs that can be published in digital formats – a perfect way to get your content seen by a larger audience.
|Price:||£495.00 ex VAT|
|Level:||Introduction to Intermediate|
|Duration:||2 Days (10am-5pm)|
|Computer:||Windows & Mac|
18 Sep - 19 Sep
- Full Outline
- What's Included
- Make Enquiry
- Related Courses
- Bespoke Training
QuarkXPress 9 Introduction 2 Days Overview
This 2-day Introduction course helps you learn about the tools and features available in QuarkXPress. We will help you understand how this popular program takes desktop publishing to a new level. You will learn how to create attractive, simple documents ready for print. We will guide you in learning the work area, working with text and graphics, and publishing in eBook and ePub formats.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Navigate the QuarkXPress environment
- Create single and multi-page layouts
- Insert tables to hold text and graphics
- Improve the readability of your layouts
- Prepare for hand-off to a service provider
- Rework layouts for eBook and ePub formats
Our goal is for you to be able to create simple but professional documents that are ready to print or to be digitally published.
Course Target Audience and delegate prerequisites
This course is intended for designers, pre-press professionals, architects, production managers, marketing, small business owners, and web designers.
You will need basic PC or Mac skills, including a solid understanding of a computer's operating system (Windows or Mac OS). You will also need to know how to launch a program, create and save files, and copy files from CDs and other media.
QuarkXPress 9 Introduction 2 Days Course OutlineOverview of QuarkXPress 9
- When to use QuarkXPress
- The standard workspace
- Files, Projects and Layouts
- Palettes and Preferences
- Using keyboard shortcuts
- Working in Projects and Layouts
- Document navigation
- Layout Properties...
- Creating a new Project
- Saving options
- Creating boxes
- Manipulating boxes
- Inserting text
- Importing text
- Preparing images for print
- Placing images
- Dragging and dropping images
- Changing image properties
- Character and Paragraph option in the Measurements palette
- Character options in the style menu
- Paragraph options in the style menu
- Text options in the Modify dialogue
- Baseline grids
- Using the Pages Layout palette
- Adding elements to a Master
- Page numbering
- Creating sections for variable numbering
- Linking text boxes
- Creating "from" and "to" fields
- Kerning and Tracking
- Hyphenation and Justification sets
- Typography pitfalls
- OpenType fonts and ligatures
- Hanging characters
- Drop caps
- Creating a Paragraph style
- Creating a Character style
- Applying styles
- Editing styles
- Changing default styles
- Item styles
- Import/Export/Save styles
- Adding a CMYK swatch
- Pitfalls with QuarkXPress's default colours
- Working with spot colours
- Changing default colours
- Creating colour tints
- Creating colour gradientsPreparing pictures for print
- Image size, resolution and cropping
- RGB or CMYK colour mode?
- Sharpening for print
- Saving options: TIFF, EPS, PDF and JPEG
- Drawing picture boxes
- Runaround options for images
- Embedded paths and Alpha Channels
- Reshaping picture boxes
- Modifying image attributes
- Working with opacity
- Creating blends with transparency
- Applying drop shadows
- Customizing drop shadows
- Importing and working with PSD files
- Dragging and dropping selections from a PDF file
- Loading and saving presets
- Synchronisation of content
- Split views of projects
- Aligning objects
- Duplicate functions
- Step and Repeat
- Creating a Composition Zone
- Sharing a Composition Zone
- Editing a composition layout
- Using collaboration setup
- Creating tables
- Creating tables from existing tabbed data
- Reverting data to tabulated data
- Table and cell format options
- Importing excel tables
- Colouring cells and strokes
- Collecting files for output
- QuarkXPress print settings & Dialogue Boxes
- Creating a PDF for proof and for print
- Considerations for ePublishing format
- Working with Reflow view
- Relow tagging
- Exporting to ePub format
The following are provided for your best experience on this course:
- All computers for your use with choice of Windows or Mac systems
- Small class size (limited to a maximum of 4-8 attendees on all sessions)
- Quality reference manual for post course reference to take away with you
- 6 months post course support to assist you where needed
- Official Quark Authorised Certificate for your successful completion of the course
- Lunch To give you the most flexible options for lunch we provide lunch vouchers which can be redeemed locally at a number of popular eateries including Pret A Manger, EAT, Starbucks, Tesco, Sainsburys, Boots and Greggs
- Refreshments to keep you on top form are available for you throughout the course with a full range of teas, coffees and biscuits
- Pads and pens
Daily course times run between 10am and 5pm with an hour break for lunch and both mid morning and mid-afternoon refreshment breaks. We recommend arrival at 9.45am for registration on the first day of the course.
Further details on benefits included with this QuarkXPress 9 course:
Included with your course booking for all delegates on this course is 6 months free support so if you run into problems or need assistance relating to anything covered during your course we would be happy to assist you during this time.
After your class with XChange Training you will receive our official Certificate as a record of your successful completion of the course.
Delegates attending scheduled or bespoke courses at our training centres will receive lunch and plentiful refreshments including tea, coffee and hot chocolate for each day of the course.
This course is provided at the XChange Training main London training centre based at:5 St John’s Lane
Click to View Full details of our London Training Venue and Course options
St John’s Lane is located in the heart of Clerkenwell close to the junction of Farringdon and Clerkenwell Road. Farringdon tube & train station is just a few minutes away and the training centre can also be accessed from Chancery Lane and Barbican tubes in about 10 minutes. There is also easy direct access by bus from Waterloo (243) and West End (55) with nearby stops.
Daily course times run between 10am and 5pm with an hour break for lunch and both mid morning and mid-afternoon refreshment breaks.
Scheduled Course Enquiry
If you are considering this QuarkXPress 9 Introduction 2 Days Course but would like further information simply send us your query quickly & easily with the form below. Whether you would like to check date availability, pricing, course suitability or just need further information about a course send us your query and we will get you a swift reply, usually within 2 business hours!
Bespoke QuarkXPress Training
Our bespoke course options for QuarkXPress training are shown below:
Bespoke QuarkXPress 2015 Training Courses
Bespoke QuarkXPress 9 Training Courses
Bespoke QuarkXPress 8 Training Courses
The trainer was very informative and very patient! Thanks
Trisha White, Countrywide Assured Group plc, QuarkXPress - 2 Day Introduction
Learnt a great deal from the course which I will be able to put into practice.
Steven Wales, Barnet College, QuarkXPress - 2 Day Introduction
Very informative and fun. The hands on experience is an excellent feature, and being able to start working on what we ultimately hope to produce was very useful.
Paul Nezandonyi, Royal Holloway, QuarkXPress - 2 Day Bespoke
Thoroughly enjoyed the training and picked up very useful tips on using QuarkXpress.
Vivien Brown, Frank Cass, QuarkXPress - 2 Day Introduction
With his very patient approach the trainer was able to get us to the stage we were hoping to be at by the end of the day. Many thanks.
Alan Sadler, Marie Stopes International, QuarkXPress - 1 Day Bespoke
Very informative and up to date instructions. First class facilities and throughly recommended.
Terry Hyde, Canada Life, QuarkXPress - 2 Day Introduction
The trainer was extremely helpful and responsive to our needs personalising the course to focus on our requirements. The hands-on, practical nature of the course was very effective.
Olivia Skinner, Commission for Racial Equality, QuarkXPress - 2 Day Bespoke
Fantastic course which suited my requirements and I was able to pick up an understanding of the industry as well as the package. Would recommend it to anyone.
Justin Smith, Advanced Air, QuarkXPress - 2 Day Introduction
The private course was very helpful and really tailored to our requirements.
Sue Reeve, John Lewis, QuarkXPress - 2 Day Introduction
I thoroughly enjoyed the course. I learnt an awfull lot and feel confident that I will be able to put everything to good use.
Anthea Denning, Denning Design, QuarkXPress - 2 Day Introduction