We are an Adobe Authorised Training Centre and our trainers are Adobe Certified Instructors with years of experience teaching InDesign. Get the layout skills you need with our experienced InDesign professionals.
Adobe InDesign CS6 Print Production 1 Day - London
Put the focus on improving print output as you join us to learn about transparencies, PDF standards, preflighting, and more. Learn the skills you need to give your print designs the professional treatment.
We will show you the systems and standards used in InDesign so that your print-ready output can look its best. We will cover best practices in colour mapping, previewing and packaging for hand-off. Our tips will help you make your documents shine and you will come away understanding the techniques that make the all difference in producing professional documents for print.
InDesign Print Production 1 Day Overview
This 1-day Introduction course will enhance your existing knowledge of Adobe InDesign CS6 by focusing on print production. Together, we will discuss some of the less well-known features of the program, and you will gain an understanding of the concepts behind the production of consistent, professional output for print.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Handle transparencies, layering, and flattening
- Understand why, when, and how to use the Preflight panel
- Package files for hand-off to a print provider
- Configure presets and export PDF files
Specialist courses require specialist trainers: your instructor for the day will be an Adobe Acrobat and InDesign Certified Instructor and a current member of the Ghent PDF Workgroup.
Our goal is to help you understand and implement the techniques necessary to improve the quality and consistency of your print output.
Course Target Audience and delegate prerequisites
This course is intended for graphic designers, creative professionals, print professionals, publishers, pre-press professionals, and marketing communications professionals.
You will need basic PC or Mac skills, including a solid understanding of a computer's operating system (Windows or Mac OS). You will also need to know how to launch a program, create and save files, and copy files from CDs and other media.
InDesign CS6 Print Production 1 Day Course OutlineConfiguring your environment
- Configuring rich black parameters
- Overprint preview options
- Testing overprinting object control
- Generating a new workspace
- Reverting to default
- Configuring palettes
- Tearing and docking palettes
- Using the Printing and Proofing options
- Fixing missing fonts globally
- Examing OpenType and CFF formats
- Updating paragraph styles
- Checking link resolutions
- Embedding options
- Link colour space and resolution issues
- Preview and fix transparency issues
- Preview and fix separation issues
- Preview and fix ink densities
- Use object layering and stacking
- Identify transparency
- Exploring the flattening process
- Discuss between live and flattened objects
- (cross reference PDF/X-4 and 5)
- Build swatches in Pantone and CMYK
- Understanding the alternate colour space
- Remapping colours
- Removing unused colours
- Adobe PDF Library core technology
- Exploring the presets and modifying
- Differences between Distiller and Export
- Brief explanation of the PDF Specification
- Create and use intent driven print presets
- Saving and loading shared presets
- Understand print drivers, PPDs, colour-space, postscript levels, registration, trim and bleed and colour conversion options. The benefits of simulation on output, OPI and flattening
- Examine preflight checks
- Output of fonts include CJK
- Differences between in-document content and PDF Export considerations
- Other preflight alternatives
- Packaging for print provider output
- Reading the preflight report
- What items are checked by InDesign
- Font licensing and embedding
- Pros and Cons of Packagiing
- PDF/X-1a and PDF/X-3 standards
- New PDF/X-4, 4p and 4g
- Benefits of ISO standards and the future
- Adobe PDF Print Engine
The following are provided for your best experience on this course:
- All computers for your use with choice of Windows or Mac systems
- Small class size (limited to a maximum of 4-8 attendees on all sessions)
- Quality reference manual for post course reference to take away with you
- 6 months post course support to assist you where needed
- Official Adobe Authorised Certificate for your successful completion of the course
- Lunch To give you the most flexible options for lunch we provide lunch vouchers which can be redeemed locally at a number of popular eateries including Pret A Manger, EAT, Starbucks, Tesco, Sainsburys, Boots and Greggs
- Refreshments to keep you on top form are available for you throughout the course with a full range of teas, coffees and biscuits
- Pads and pens
Daily course times run between 10am and 5pm with an hour break for lunch and both mid morning and mid-afternoon refreshment breaks. We recommend arrival at 9.45am for registration on the first day of the course.
Further details on benefits included with this Adobe InDesign CS6 course:
Included with our InDesign courses is the Brilliant InDesign book provided for free to use as a post course reference resource. This is a full 300+ page manual to supplement the content covered during the course.
Included with your course booking for all delegates on this course is 6 months free support so if you run into problems or need assistance relating to anything covered during your course we would be happy to assist you during this time.
After your Adobe class with XChange Training you will receive our official Adobe Authorised Training Certificate as a record of your successful completion of the Adobe Certified InDesign course.
Delegates attending scheduled or bespoke courses at our training centres will receive lunch and plentiful refreshments including tea, coffee and hot chocolate for each day of the course.
This course is provided at the XChange Training main London training centre based at:5 St John’s Lane
Click to View Full details of our London Training Venue and Course options
St John’s Lane is located in the heart of Clerkenwell close to the junction of Farringdon and Clerkenwell Road. Farringdon tube & train station is just a few minutes away and the training centre can also be accessed from Chancery Lane and Barbican tubes in about 10 minutes. There is also easy direct access by bus from Waterloo (243) and West End (55) with nearby stops.
Daily course times run between 10am and 5pm with an hour break for lunch and both mid morning and mid-afternoon refreshment breaks.
Scheduled Course Enquiry
If you are considering this InDesign CS6 Print Production 1 Day Course but would like further information simply send us your query quickly & easily with the form below. Whether you would like to check date availability, pricing, course suitability or just need further information about a course send us your query and we will get you a swift reply, usually within 2 business hours!
Bespoke Adobe InDesign Training
Our bespoke course options for Adobe InDesign training are shown below:
Bespoke Adobe InDesign CC Training Courses
Bespoke Adobe InDesign CS6 Training Courses
It was brilliant. I feel like I have learnt so much in 2 days. Our trainer was fantastic and I would love to come back and learn more.
Alex East, ISG, Adobe InDesign - Two Day Introduction
Fantastic two day course on InDesign, well worth doing. Staff very friendly. 10 out of 10
Daniel Kosta, Icon Productions, InDesign - 2 Day Introduction
The training was excellent, well paced and all of our questions were answered. There was time at the end to put into practice what had been learnt and ask further questions or queries. Prepared handouts were are clear and useful for future reference.
Kerry Willis, Paignton Zoo, InDesign - 1 Day Introduction
The training content was set at just the right pace. Full of content that we were all able to 'get to grips with' and the trainer was very helpful.
Helen Seddon, ENEHL, InDesign - 2 Day Introduction
Very well organised and structured everything seemed to flow perfectly. Explanations were clear and set at a steady pace that was easy to follow. Instructor very knowledgeable, there were no questions unanswered.
Jasmine Gould, Integralis, InDesign - 2 Day Introduction
Thoroughly enjoyed the two day training course. We had a fantastic trainer and the course content was very clear and helpful. Thank you very much.
Ella Luscombe, Kier Construction Southern, Adobe InDesign - Two Day Introduction
I have never used Adobe InDesign before and the course and instructor explained everything, pausing and helping if anyone needed. Nothing was a problem to him!
Molly Henderson, HSS Hire, InDesign Introduction - 2 Days
A really informative course with lots of useful hints and tips to use InDesign.
Anisha Patel, AAPG, InDesign - 2 Day Advanced
Top quality facilities, instructor and training (as always.). I cannot praise everyone highly enough.
Steve Linehan, The Stationery Office (TSO), InDesign - 2 Day Introduction
Got everything out the course I wanted to. The trainer was great, really knew his stuff and helped to cover the areas we would be using in our jobs. Fantastic!
Chad Doyle, Stockport Council, InDesign - 4 Day Masterclass