We are an Adobe Authorised Training Centre and our trainers are Adobe Certified Instructors with years of experience teaching Premiere Pro. Get the Video skills you need with our Premiere Pro professionals.
Adobe Premiere Pro CC Introduction 2 Days - Cardiff
Learn the fundamentals of Premiere Pro as we guide you through this comprehensive introduction to the leading video-editing program. We will show you how to manipulate, organise, and export clips that have a professional look and feel. A perfect launch point for those new to digital video.
After we give you a complete tour of the Premiere Pro environment, we will show you how to organise and assemble your digital-video projects. You will learn how easy it is to add titles, make cuts, add effects, and more. By the end of the course, you will export the results and be ready to share your videos with your audience.
Premiere Pro Introduction 2 Days Overview
This 2-day Introduction course helps you learn about the tools and features available in Adobe Premiere Pro. We will help you understand how this industry-leading program takes digital-video editing to a new level. With our guidance, you will learn the fundamentals of non-linear editing techniques to create and edit video output that combines footage, audio, and still images.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Navigate the Premiere Pro environment
- Organise video projects
- Assemble and fine-tune clip sequences
- Apply transitions and video effects
- Add titles and credits
- Make and refine rough cuts
- Import and adjust audio clips
- Export video
Our goal is for you to be able to edit and manage digital video with confidence.
Course Target Audience and delegate prerequisites
This course is intended for those who need to edit video clips and create digital movies, but who have little or no experience using Premiere Pro or other video-editing programs.
You will need basic PC or Mac skills, including a solid understanding of a computer's operating system (Windows or Mac OS). You will also need to know how to launch a program, create and save files, and copy files from CDs and other media.
Premiere Pro CC Introduction 2 Days Course OutlineIntroduction
- Opening Premiere Pro – getting started
- Workspaces - what, why, how?
- Importing assets into Premiere Pro
- Media browser
- Organisation - bins and things
- Metadata - what, why, how?
- Making selections
- Project panel & Source Monitor
- Storyboarding your rough cut
- Creating a timeline
- Thinking ahead - track allocation
- Understanding Track Headers
- Useful Keyboard Shortcuts
- Sub-clips - what, why and how?
- Targeting tracks
- Toggle Sync-lock
- Insert & overlay edits
- Three-point edit options
- Four-point edits
- J and L cuts
- Lift and extract
- Timeline panel options
- Timeline tools
- Moving clips in the timeline
- Extend edits
- Replacing clips in the timeline
- The 2 types of transitions in Premiere Pro
- Jump-cuts & clip transitions - when to use which?
- Default transitions
- Single ended transitions - what, why, when and how?
- Editing transitions
- Layer based transitions
- Light-leak style transitions with blend modes
- Pips (Picture in Picture) effects
- Animating objects
- Making pictures fit your timeline
- Additional important preferences
- Perspective corner-pin
- Nesting options in Premiere Pro - why, when, how?
- Applying and customising effects
- Limiting effects to specific areas
- Tracking masks
- Organisation - creating and using a titles Bin
- Creating text based titles
- Creating and editing your own title styles
- Exporting and importing titles
- Creating lower or upper thirds
- Inserting graphics into titles
- Title based on previous title
- Creating and using title templates
- Inserting a graphic into rolling/crawling titles
- Creating dual-mono from stereo pairs
- Recording narration directly into Premiere Pro
- Basic keyframe based audio animation
- Audio Clip mixer animation
- Exporting a still image
- Project management options
- Dynamic Link with After Effects
- Exporting directly from Premiere Pro and using ‘Media Encoder’
- Exporting different formats
- XML/AAF - cross-platform export options - why, when and how?
The following are provided for your best experience on this course:
- All computers for your use with choice of Windows or Mac systems
- Small class size (limited to a maximum of 4-8 attendees on all sessions)
- Quality reference manual for post course reference to take away with you
- 6 months post course support to assist you where needed
- Official Adobe Authorised Certificate for your successful completion of the course
- Lunch To give you the most flexible options for lunch we provide lunch vouchers which can be redeemed locally at a number of popular eateries including Pret A Manger, EAT, Starbucks, Tesco, Sainsburys, Boots and Greggs
- Refreshments to keep you on top form are available for you throughout the course with a full range of teas, coffees and biscuits
- Pads and pens
Daily course times run between 10am and 5pm with an hour break for lunch and both mid morning and mid-afternoon refreshment breaks. We recommend arrival at 9.45am for registration on the first day of the course.
Further details on benefits included with this Adobe Premiere Pro CC course:
Included with our Premiere Pro courses is the Premiere Pro Classroom in a Book provided for free to use as a post course reference resource. This is a full 300+ page manual to supplement the content covered during the course.
Included with your course booking for all delegates on this course is 6 months free support so if you run into problems or need assistance relating to anything covered during your course we would be happy to assist you during this time.
After your Adobe class with XChange Training you will receive our official Adobe Authorised Training Certificate as a record of your successful completion of the Adobe Certified Premiere Pro course.
Delegates attending scheduled or bespoke courses at our training centres will receive lunch and plentiful refreshments including tea, coffee and hot chocolate for each day of the course.
This course is provided at the Cardiff training centre located at:Brunel House
2 Fitzalan Road
The Cardiff training centre is located in Brunel House which is only 3 minutes on foot from Cardiff Queen Street train station. Trains to/from Cardiff Central station run every 10 minutes. Directly opposite the building is a convenient NCP car park.
Daily course times run between 10am and 5pm with an hour break for lunch and both mid morning and mid-afternoon refreshment breaks.
Scheduled Course Enquiry
If you are considering this Premiere Pro CC Introduction 2 Days Course but would like further information simply send us your query quickly & easily with the form below. Whether you would like to check date availability, pricing, course suitability or just need further information about a course send us your query and we will get you a swift reply, usually within 2 business hours!
Bespoke Adobe Premiere Pro Training
Our bespoke course options for Adobe Premiere Pro training are shown below:
Bespoke Adobe Premiere Pro CC Training Courses
Bespoke Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 Training Courses
Very helpful, friendly and patient instructor. Content was all helpful and can be used in my day to day role.
Ciaran Donnelly, Howden, Adobe Premiere Pro - 2 Day Introduction
The tutor enforced my good understanding of this software but he also helped me use it in a much more efficient and productive way. It was a very well structured course... thank you!
Helen Cunliffe, NHS Trust, Premiere Pro - 2 Day Introduction
Small group allowed for conversation around relevant topics. Thanks
Leon Malletton, University of Sheffield, Premiere Pro - 2 Day Introduction
Excellent training day, very knowledgeable and friendly instructor. Good to have one-to-one tuition as covered a lot of topics.
Nadia Valkanova, Schuh, Premiere Pro - 1 Day Advanced
Very enjoyable two days. Excellent learning experience from our instructor - his attitude and knowledge was spot on. Would definitely recommend XChange Training services to any future clients.
Alan Galbraith, NHS Trust, Premiere Pro - 2 Day Introduction
The instructor was very knowledgeable in the software and was very helpful in answering any questions or solving issues. I have learnt a lot in two days and it will definitely help my job in practice.
Peggie Liu, AJ Bell, Adobe Premiere Pro - 2 Day Introduction
Had a great 2 days with a very knowledgeable and friendly trainer. Thank you.
John Thompson, Greater Manchester Police, Premiere Pro - 2 Day Introduction
Fantastic, well-paced course with excellent instructor - both in terms of knowledge and delivery.
Paul Duthie, Pennine Care NHS, Adobe Premiere Pro - 2 Day Introduction
The instructor was excellent and they provided a thorough and well rounded course, which fitted in a great deal over the two days.
Katie Watson, Jacobs, Premiere Pro - 2 Day Bespoke
Found the course extremely interesting and tremendously useful. The instructor was a fountain of knowledge and provided great training materials to actively use. Although the course had a lot of commercial content there was so much that was absolutely relevant to the classroom. The attention to detail and excellence is quite inspiring.
John Whitehead, Hawkley High School, Premiere Pro - 2 Day Advanced