Our trainers are QuarkXPress Authorised with years of experience teaching QuarkXPress. Get the design skills you need with our QuarkXPress professionals.
Quark and Adobe Creative Suite Design Introduction Masterclass 5 Days - London
Take a comprehensive tour of some of the most popular design programs. Learn how you can integrate your workflows to produce stylish designs and sharp output for the web and for print. A perfect course for anyone interested in creating appealing documents in multiple formats.
We will show you how to get started with QuarkXPress, Photoshop, and Illustrator as you build an understanding of how to create attractive, professional files and documents for the web and for print. Join us to learn the basics of desktop publishing, image manipulation, and graphic design. This is an ideal way to help you pick up the skills to target several types of audience.
|Price:||£950.00 ex VAT|
|Duration:||5 Days (10am-5pm)|
|Computer:||Windows & Mac|
14 May - 18 May
Quark and Adobe Design Masterclass 5 Days Overview
This 5-day Masterclass course helps you learn about the tools and features available in QuarkXPress, Adobe Photoshop CC, and Adobe Illustrator CC. We will help you understand how these well-known programs take desktop publishing and design to a new level. Together, we will create and deliver eye-catching printed documents in QuarkXPress. We will paint, retouch, and enhance images in Photoshop. Finally, we will use Illustrator to create logos, advertisements, and other graphics for the web and for print.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Navigate the QuarkXPress, Photoshop, and Illustrator environments
- Create single and multi-page layouts
- Insert tables to hold text and graphics
- Improve the readability of your layouts
- Prepare for hand-off to a service provider
- Rework layouts for eBook and ePub formats
- Select parts of an image in several ways
- Enhance images by using Adjustment Layers and Smart Sharpen
- Understand tools used for painting and retouching images
- Fill areas with colour and gradients
- Blend images to create simple compositions
- Produce simple logos and adverts
- Resize images for the web and for print
- Add, adjust and style both text and layers
- Output artwork for the web
- Draw and understand Bézier curves, the root of drawing in Illustrator
- Measure objects and place them with precision
- Trace and colour your hand-drawn artwork with Live Trace, Live Paint and Live Colour
- Export illustrations for web and for print
Our goals are to give you an all-round understanding of these powerful design tools, and for you to be able to produce consistent, professional documents for the web and for print.
Course Target Audience and delegate prerequisites
This course is intended for designers, pre-press professionals, architects, production managers, marketing, small business owners, and web designers.
You will need basic PC or Mac skills, including a solid understanding of a computer's operating system (Windows or Mac OS). You will also need to know how to launch a program, create and save files, and copy files from CDs and other media.
Quark and Adobe Design Masterclass Course OutlineExploring Photoshop
- Explore the Adobe Photoshop Environment
- Customize the Adobe Photoshop Workspace with Presets
- Customize Menus
- Explore Adobe Bridge
- Work with Adobe Photoshop File Properties
- Paint an Object
- Retouch an Image
- Create a Gradient
- Create a Pattern
- Create a Vector Object
- Apply Metadata and Keywords
- Output to Print
- Adjust the Tonal Range of an Image
- Use the Exposure Dialog Box
- Work with Filters
- Create and Use Layers
- Create and Use Smart Objects
- Create Layer Styles
- Work with Multiple Layers
- Create and Modify Selection
- Introduction to Adobe InDesign
- Customize Your Workspace
- Set General Preferences
- Manage Document Presets
- Create a New Document
- Alter a Document's Layout
- Create the Structure of a Document
- Develop Master Pages
- Manage Text and Graphic Placement
- Develop Layers
- Add Text
- Edit Text
- Spell Check Text
- Thread Text
- Change Text Threads
- Format Characters
- Format Paragraphs
- Manage Styles
- Utilize Colour
- Utilize Swatches
- Apply Fills, Gradients, and Strokes
- Apply Transparency
- Apply Transparency Flattener Presets
- Utilizing Tables
- Create a Table
- Modify a Table
- Format a Table
- Check Documents for Problems
- Print a Document
- Package Files
- Preview Output
- Prepare PDF Files for Web Distribution
- Manage PDF Presets
- Export PDF Files for Printing
- Choose New Document Settings
- Create a Custom Workspace
- Draw Basic Shapes with the Shape Tools
- Draw Paths with the Pencil Tool
- Format Objects
- Manipulate Objects
- Insert Type
- Draw Paths with the Pen Tool
- Modify Existing Shapes to Create New Shapes
- Duplicate Objects
- Apply Graphic Styles
- Apply Gradients to Type
- Create Type on a Path
- Apply an Envelope to Type
- Import a Graphic
- Align Objects
- Apply Spot Colours
- Wrap Text
- Export a File
- Import Body Type
- Format Type with Styles
- Fix Spelling Errors
- Find and Replace Text
- Insert Typographic Characters
- Explore the Adobe Bridge Environment
- Apply Metadata and Keywords to Assets in Adobe Bridge
The following are provided for your best experience on this course:
- All computers for your use with choice of Windows or Mac systems
- Small class size (limited to a maximum of 4-8 attendees on all sessions)
- Quality reference manual for post course reference to take away with you
- 6 months post course support to assist you where needed
- Official Adobe Authorised Certificate for your successful completion of the course
- Lunch To give you the most flexible options for lunch we provide lunch vouchers which can be redeemed locally at a number of popular eateries including Pret A Manger, EAT, Starbucks, Tesco, Sainsburys, Boots and Greggs
- Refreshments to keep you on top form are available for you throughout the course with a full range of teas, coffees and biscuits
- Pads and pens
Daily course times run between 10am and 5pm with an hour break for lunch and both mid morning and mid-afternoon refreshment breaks. We recommend arrival at 9.45am for registration on the first day of the course.
Further details on benefits included with this QuarkXPress 9 course:
Included with your course booking for all delegates on this course is 6 months free support so if you run into problems or need assistance relating to anything covered during your course we would be happy to assist you during this time.
After your class with XChange Training you will receive our official Certificate as a record of your successful completion of the course.
Delegates attending scheduled or bespoke courses at our training centres will receive lunch and plentiful refreshments including tea, coffee and hot chocolate for each day of the course.
This course is provided at the XChange Training main London training centre based at:5 St John’s Lane
Click to View Full details of our London Training Venue and Course options
St John’s Lane is located in the heart of Clerkenwell close to the junction of Farringdon and Clerkenwell Road. Farringdon tube & train station is just a few minutes away and the training centre can also be accessed from Chancery Lane and Barbican tubes in about 10 minutes. There is also easy direct access by bus from Waterloo (243) and West End (55) with nearby stops.
Daily course times run between 10am and 5pm with an hour break for lunch and both mid morning and mid-afternoon refreshment breaks.
Scheduled Course Enquiry
If you are considering this Quark and Adobe Design Masterclass Course but would like further information simply send us your query quickly & easily with the form below. Whether you would like to check date availability, pricing, course suitability or just need further information about a course send us your query and we will get you a swift reply, usually within 2 business hours!
Bespoke QuarkXPress Training
Our bespoke course options for QuarkXPress training are shown below:
Bespoke QuarkXPress 2015 Training Courses
Bespoke QuarkXPress 9 Training Courses
Bespoke QuarkXPress 8 Training Courses
The private course was very helpful and really tailored to our requirements.
Sue Reeve, John Lewis, QuarkXPress - 2 Day Introduction
Thoroughly enjoyed the training and picked up very useful tips on using QuarkXpress.
Vivien Brown, Frank Cass, QuarkXPress - 2 Day Introduction
The trainer was very informative and very patient! Thanks
Trisha White, Countrywide Assured Group plc, QuarkXPress - 2 Day Introduction
Learnt a great deal from the course which I will be able to put into practice.
Steven Wales, Barnet College, QuarkXPress - 2 Day Introduction
Very informative and up to date instructions. First class facilities and throughly recommended.
Terry Hyde, Canada Life, QuarkXPress - 2 Day Introduction
It was great to learn this application - very user friendly and easy to learn. Cannot wait to start putting what I have learnt into practice.
Lorraine Raymen, Parkside, QuarkXPress - 2 Day Introduction
I thoroughly enjoyed the course. I learnt an awfull lot and feel confident that I will be able to put everything to good use.
Anthea Denning, Denning Design, QuarkXPress - 2 Day Introduction
With his very patient approach the trainer was able to get us to the stage we were hoping to be at by the end of the day. Many thanks.
Alan Sadler, Marie Stopes International, QuarkXPress - 1 Day Bespoke
I was really impressed with the instructor's knowledge of the programme and he explained things in a very clear and easy to understand manner. He was also very flexible and open to working with me to set the agenda for what I needed to learn.
Sarah Hathaway, Royal Brompton & Harefield , QuarkXPress - 1 Day Bespoke
The trainer's insights and experience proved extremely helpful to speeding up jobs and overall productivity. Very impressed, and have learnt more today than in other courses set over longer periods. i.e. weeks! Will recommend.
Chris Penn, Explore Worldwide, QuarkXPress - 2 Day Introduction