We are an Adobe Authorised Training Centre and our trainers are Adobe Certified Instructors with years of experience teaching Captivate. Get the elearning skills you need with our experienced Captivate professionals.
Adobe Captivate Advanced 2 Days - London
Join the professionals in getting the best out of the leading eLearning program. Our course will show you how to unlock the power of Captivate as we help you create engaging simulations, training presentations, and complex quizzes.
With our help, you will take your existing Captivate know-how and enhance it as you learn how to create complex quizzes with logic branching. As well as understanding the best ways to use audio and video, you will learn many advanced interaction methods as we show you how to control system variables, conditional scripts, and more. An ideal course for anyone looking to create professional eLearning projects.
Captivate 2019 Advanced 2 Days Overview
This 2-day Advanced course will help to develop your skills as you explore the advanced features of Adobe Captivate 2019. We will show you how to produce professional eLearning projects through the use of software simulations and complex quizzes. You will understand how best to use audio and video in your projects. With our expert guidance, you will even be able to harness the advanced power of variables and conditional scripts, which will bring a new level of rich interactivity to your presentations and quizzes.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand Variables to capture information
- Understand the power of Advanced Actions
- Create simple interactivity with Standard Actions
- Use Expressions to create a currency converter
- Create toggle switches with Conditional Actions
- Create a Pretest to gauge a user’s knowledge
- Create random quiz slides with Question Pools
- Use GIFT Format Files to automatically create question slides
- Create Drag and Drop Interactions
- Create Templates to speed up development
- Use States to create your own interactions
- Create a Responsive Project
- Ensure your course is Accessible
Our goal is for you to be able to create professional eLearning projects that harness all the interactive features on offer in Adobe Captivate.
Course Target Audience and delegate prerequisites
This course is intended for those who wish to enhance their existing knowledge of Captivate and who wish to produce highly interactive eLearning presentations.
You will need basic experience in using Captivate. Ideally, you will have taken our Adobe Captivate 2017 Introduction 2 Day course.
Captivate 2019 Advanced 2 Days Course OutlineDay 1
- What is a variable?
- Understanding and using user variables
- Use system variables to display information
- Advantages of using advanced actions
- Exploring the advanced actions panel
- Creating shared actions
- Create a simple ‘Show & Hide’ action
- Using the Toggle action
- Add a simple effect to your action
- Show and hide multiple objects with groups
- Using expressions
- Using IF ELSE statements
- Create a Toggle Switch to start and stop audio
- Create a Toggle Switch to show and hide a group
- Stacking order
- Locking, hiding and grouping layers
- Create a pre-test to test user’s knowledge
- Create a question pool to create randomly selected question slides
- Write and import GIFT format files to automatically create question slides
- Amend the results slide with advanced actions
- Create drag and drop interactions
- Change preferences
- Difference between templates and themes
- Create a basic template with placeholder objects
- Save and load a template
- Using states to show/hide
- Using the states with smart shape buttons
- Using fluid boxes
- Using breakpoints
- Responsive project considerations
- Accessibility considerations (Equality Act 2010, Section 508)
- Accessibility features in Captivate
- Creating closed captions
- Adding text to speech (TTS)
- Enabling accessibility in publish settings
- Publish project to Scorm Cloud
The following are provided for your best experience on this course:
- All computers for your use with choice of Windows or Mac systems
- Small class size (limited to a maximum of 4-8 attendees on all sessions)
- Quality reference manual for post course reference to take away with you
- 6 months post course support to assist you where needed
- Official Adobe Authorised Certificate for your successful completion of the course
- Lunch To give you the most flexible options for lunch we provide lunch vouchers which can be redeemed locally at a number of popular eateries including Pret A Manger, EAT, Starbucks, Tesco, Sainsburys, Boots and Greggs
- Refreshments to keep you on top form are available for you throughout the course with a full range of teas, coffees and biscuits
- Pads and pens
Daily course times run between 10am and 5pm with an hour break for lunch and both mid morning and mid-afternoon refreshment breaks. We recommend arrival at 9.45am for registration on the first day of the course.
Further details on benefits included with this Adobe Captivate 2019 course:
Included with our Captivate courses is the E-Learning Captivate book provided for free to use as a post course reference resource. This is a full 300+ page manual to supplement the content covered during the course.
Included with your course booking for all delegates on this course is 6 months free support so if you run into problems or need assistance relating to anything covered during your course we would be happy to assist you during this time.
After your Adobe class with XChange Training you will receive our official Adobe Authorised Training Certificate as a record of your successful completion of the Adobe Certified Captivate course.
Delegates attending scheduled or bespoke courses at our training centres will receive lunch and plentiful refreshments including tea, coffee and hot chocolate for each day of the course.
This course is provided at the XChange Training main London training centre based at:5 St John’s Lane
Click to View Full details of our London Training Venue and Course options
St John’s Lane is located in the heart of Clerkenwell close to the junction of Farringdon and Clerkenwell Road. Farringdon tube & train station is just a few minutes away and the training centre can also be accessed from Chancery Lane and Barbican tubes in about 10 minutes. There is also easy direct access by bus from Waterloo (243) and West End (55) with nearby stops.
Daily course times run between 10am and 5pm with an hour break for lunch and both mid morning and mid-afternoon refreshment breaks.
Scheduled Course Enquiry
If you are considering this Captivate 2019 Advanced 2 Days Course but would like further information simply send us your query quickly & easily with the form below. Whether you would like to check date availability, pricing, course suitability or just need further information about a course send us your query and we will get you a swift reply, usually within 2 business hours!
Bespoke Adobe Captivate Training
Our bespoke course options for Adobe Captivate training are shown below:
Bespoke Adobe Captivate 2019 Training Courses
Bespoke Adobe Captivate 2017 Training Courses
Bespoke Adobe Captivate 9 Training Courses
The course was really enjoyable, a lot of hands on training and relaxed and informal. Easy to get to centre.
Sigrun Karadottir, Sovereign, Captivate - 2 Day Introduction
The instructor was very friendly and knowledgeable. He was happy to answer all questions and he made sure that we were confident with his responses.
Richard Graves, Experian, Captivate - 2 Day Introduction
It was great to have the trainer on site and to be able to provide the bespoke training at the level needed. The trainer was excellent.
Sue Ross, Atradius, Adobe Captivate - 1 Day Bespoke Intermediate
Great course! The trainer explained the theory behind what we were doing, was patient and very knowledgeable.
Amanda Cook, VMWare, Captivate - 2 Day Introduction
The training was well paced and very clearly explained, with ample opportunity to complete exercises to embed the learning
Andy Dyehouse, Zurich Insurance, Captivate - 2 Day Introduction
Trainer was very friendly, knowledgeable and professional. Supply of high quality reference book for each trainee was added bonus.
Thomas Booth, BAE Systems, Captivate - 2 Day Introduction
Thoroughly enjoyed the course, found both the software and the course content to be abundant and informative, support material appears to be perfect for the purpose too.
Ian Anderson, Sarah Mennell Ltd, Captivate - 2 Day Introduction
Our trainer was professional, personable and willing to adapt to our specific needs. Perhaps the best training I've undertaken to date.
Kevin Greig, Multiply, Adobe Captivate - Two Day Advanced
Very enjoyable 2 days. Good knowledge and great attitude by trainer. A very good grounding for us, with lots of "light bulb" moments!
Robert Phillips, Vale of Glamorgan Council, Captivate - 2 Day Introduction
The course was on a one to one basis which was brilliant because it allowed me to follow my own path through it. The tutor was extremely helpful and had an excellent knowledge of the topic. Based on my experience today I would certainly consider using XChange Training again.
Nick Mills, Landmark Information, Captivate - Bespoke 1 Day