We are an Adobe Authorised Training Centre and our trainers are Adobe Certified Instructors with years of experience teaching InDesign. Get the layout skills you need with our experienced InDesign professionals.
Adobe InDesign CC Advanced with ACA Exam 3 Days - London
Join the professionals in getting the best out of the world's leading desktop-publishing program. Our course will show you how to unlock the power of InDesign's advanced tools and help you to become more proficient and confident in laying out documents. Pass the ACA exam and get qualified!
With our help, you will take your existing InDesign know-how and enhance it as you learn how to create interactive PDFs, eBooks, and more. We will show you how to work more efficiently by saving re-usable data and storing PDF presets. This course is a great way to step up to expert level by increasing the quality, consistency and speed of your output. You will test your new skills as you take the ACA exam.
|Price:||£650.00 ex VAT|
|Version:||Adobe InDesign CC|
|Duration:||3 Days (10am-5pm)|
|Computer:||Windows & Mac|
16 May - 18 May
InDesign Advanced with ACA 3 Days Overview
This 3-day Advanced course will help to develop your skills as you explore the advanced features of Adobe InDesign CC. We will help you understand how this industry-leading program takes desktop publishing and design to a new level, and combines production power and creative freedom with tight integration with Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat software.
You will already understand the basics of the program, and we will show you how to take that knowledge to the next level. We will cover advanced topics such as creating eBooks, generating indexes, and automating workflows.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Create complex documents such as interactive PDFs and eBooks
- Use advanced tools and palettes
- Re-use data via libraries and snippets
- Generate tables of contents and indexes
- Store PDF presets
The final day of the course is dedicated to the Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) InDesign exam, including trying a mock exam, reviewing answers, and then taking the real exam. The ACA exam represents an official qualification, and you will be provided with an instant pass or fail result. We are confident that you will join everyone we have already helped to pass the exam and collect an official certificate of Adobe Certified Associate status.
As well as giving you the opportunity to take the ACA exam, this course is the perfect preparation if you plan to take the Adobe Certified Expert (ACE) exam.
Our goals are for you to understand the advanced features of InDesign, to become a confident power user, and to leave with an ACA qualification under your belt.
Course Target Audience and delegate prerequisites
This course is intended for those who wish to enhance their existing knowledge of InDesign and who work as graphic designers, creative professionals, print professionals, publishers, pre-press professionals, or marketing communications professionals.
You will need basic experience in using InDesign. Ideally, you will have taken our Adobe InDesign CC Introduction 2 Day course.
InDesign CC Advanced ACA 3 Days Course OutlineManaging Your Workspaces
- Organising Your Panels
- Advanced Zooming and Navigation
- Advanced View Options
- Typographical preferences
- Advanced Character formatting options
- Advanced Paragraph formatting options
- Review of setting up Style Sheets
- Advanced Style Sheet Tips
- Nested Styles
- Using ‘Based on’, ‘Next Style’ and Quick Apply
- Review of setting up Master Pages
- Parent & Child masters
- Overriding Master Page items
- Using ‘Shuffle’ options
- Best practice with master page
- Numbering and Section options
- Advanced Align options
- Using keyboard shortcuts for align and distribute
- Using the Gap tool
- Using Autofit for images
- Review of setting up Object Styles
- Setting up a Baseline Grid
- Creating custom frames and objects with the pen tool
- Review of Swatches – managing colours and gradients
- Creating Mixed Inks
- Using the Ink Manager
- Sharing Swatches between documents and with Photoshop and Illustrator
- Using Libraries and Snippets
- Creating Templates
- Creating and using Find/Change queries
- Creating a Table of Contents
- Using an InDesign ‘Book’ to collate documents
- Setting up Indexes
- Setting up Tables
- Importing Excel & Word tables
- Creating Table and Cell styles
- Adding Hyperlinks, Buttons, Movies and Sounds
- Setting up Page Transitions
- Exporting an Interactive PDF
- Understanding what an e-book is
- Overview of preparing an existing file to become an e-book
- Overview of Export options
- Understanding InDesign preferences
- Changing document preferences
- Changing application preferences
- Using the Overprint Preview and the Separations Preview panel
- Defining the Transparency Flattener settings
- Using Preflight
- Understanding an RGB workflow
- Creating PDF presets
- Work through exam preparation sheet
- Sample Exam questions
- Take Practice exam
- Any other questions?
- InDesign ACA Exam
- Instant Pass or Fail Result
The following are provided for your best experience on this course:
- All computers for your use with choice of Windows or Mac systems
- Small class size (limited to a maximum of 4-8 attendees on all sessions)
- Quality reference manual for post course reference to take away with you
- 6 months post course support to assist you where needed
- Official Adobe Authorised Certificate for your successful completion of the course
- Lunch To give you the most flexible options for lunch we provide lunch vouchers which can be redeemed locally at a number of popular eateries including Pret A Manger, EAT, Starbucks, Tesco, Sainsburys, Boots and Greggs
- Refreshments to keep you on top form are available for you throughout the course with a full range of teas, coffees and biscuits
- Pads and pens
Daily course times run between 10am and 5pm with an hour break for lunch and both mid morning and mid-afternoon refreshment breaks. We recommend arrival at 9.45am for registration on the first day of the course.
Further details on benefits included with this Adobe InDesign CC course:
Included with our InDesign courses is the Brilliant InDesign book provided for free to use as a post course reference resource. This is a full 300+ page manual to supplement the content covered during the course.
Included with your course booking for all delegates on this course is 6 months free support so if you run into problems or need assistance relating to anything covered during your course we would be happy to assist you during this time.
After your Adobe class with XChange Training you will receive our official Adobe Authorised Training Certificate as a record of your successful completion of the Adobe Certified InDesign course.
Delegates attending scheduled or bespoke courses at our training centres will receive lunch and plentiful refreshments including tea, coffee and hot chocolate for each day of the course.
This course is provided at the XChange Training main London training centre based at:5 St John’s Lane
Click to View Full details of our London Training Venue and Course options
St John’s Lane is located in the heart of Clerkenwell close to the junction of Farringdon and Clerkenwell Road. Farringdon tube & train station is just a few minutes away and the training centre can also be accessed from Chancery Lane and Barbican tubes in about 10 minutes. There is also easy direct access by bus from Waterloo (243) and West End (55) with nearby stops.
Daily course times run between 10am and 5pm with an hour break for lunch and both mid morning and mid-afternoon refreshment breaks.
Scheduled Course Enquiry
If you are considering this InDesign CC Advanced ACA 3 Days Course but would like further information simply send us your query quickly & easily with the form below. Whether you would like to check date availability, pricing, course suitability or just need further information about a course send us your query and we will get you a swift reply, usually within 2 business hours!
Bespoke Adobe InDesign Training
Our bespoke course options for Adobe InDesign training are shown below:
Bespoke Adobe InDesign CC Training Courses
Bespoke Adobe InDesign CS6 Training Courses
Trainer was very knowledgeable and professional - good amount of bespoke content covered.
Victoria Portwin, Gottex, InDesign - 1 Day Bespoke
A thoroughly enjoyable course, very useful and brilliantly tailored to our requirements. Have completed two other introductory InDesign courses and this has been the best by far. Would definitely recommend to others.
Juliet McEwan, University of Glasgow, InDesign - 2 Day Bespoke Introduction
Thanks for a very pleasant and educational 2 days. I think it was especially good because it was a small class which gave very individual training.
Nigel Hopwood, Jacob Jensen Design, InDesign - 2 Day Advanced
The training was excellent, well paced and all of our questions were answered. There was time at the end to put into practice what had been learnt and ask further questions or queries. Prepared handouts were are clear and useful for future reference.
Kerry Willis, Paignton Zoo, InDesign - 1 Day Introduction
The course was great - a lot of content and adapted well for both attendees needs - brilliant trainer who obviously has a lot of experience which really helped. Thank you.
Amanda Hayes, Weil Gotshal & Manges, InDesign - 2 Day Introduction
Very in-depth and thorough training for people completely new to the program. Covers everything you'd need to know at a very reasonable pace.
Andy Porter, Breaking Free Online, InDesign Introduction - 2 Days
Thoroughly enjoyed my day of training on Adobe InDesign, the trainer was very professional and easy to get on with. His knowledge and delivery was very good. Will definitely recommend you to others.
Anthony Barnes, The Design Business, InDesign - 1 Day Essentials
We had an excellent instructor for the InDesign course - as someone who had no prior knowledge, he explained everything thoroughly and enthusiastically. I will definitely be back if my training requirements change!
Francesca D’Alessio, Rider Levett Bucknall, Adobe InDesign - Two Day Introduction
A really informative course with lots of useful hints and tips to use InDesign.
Anisha Patel, AAPG, InDesign - 2 Day Advanced
I found the course very enjoyable. After using InDesign for a year just teaching myself how to do things, it is good to now know how to do them properly! Thank you very much.
Justine Rich, Capita, InDesign - 2 Day Introduction