We are an Adobe Authorised Training Centre and our trainers are Adobe Certified Instructors with years of experience teaching InDesign. Get the layout skills you need with our experienced InDesign professionals.
Adobe InDesign CC Print Production 1 Day - London
Put the focus on improving print output as you join us to learn about transparencies, PDF standards, preflighting, and more. Learn the skills you need to give your print designs the professional treatment.
We will show you the systems and standards used in InDesign so that your print-ready output can look its best. We will cover best practices in colour mapping, previewing and packaging for hand-off. Our tips will help you make your documents shine and you will come away understanding the techniques that make the all difference in producing professional documents for print.
InDesign Print Production 1 Day Overview
This 1-day specialist introduction course will enhance your existing knowledge of Adobe InDesign CC by focusing on print production. Together, we will discuss some of the less well-known features of the program, and you will gain an understanding of the concepts behind the production of consistent, professional output for print.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Handle transparencies, layering, and flattening
- Understand why, when, and how to use the Preflight panel
- Package files for hand-off to a print provider
- Configure presets and export PDF files
Specialist courses require specialist trainers: your instructor for the day will be an Adobe Acrobat and InDesign Certified Instructor and a current member of the Ghent PDF Workgroup.
Our goal is to help you understand and implement the techniques necessary to improve the quality and consistency of your print output.
Course Target Audience and delegate prerequisites
This course is intended for graphic designers, creative professionals, print professionals, publishers, pre-press professionals, and marketing communications professionals.
You will need basic PC or Mac skills, including a solid understanding of a computer's operating system (Windows or Mac OS). You will also need to know how to launch a program, create and save files, and copy files from CDs and other media.
InDesign CC Print Production 1 Day Course OutlineConfiguring your environment
- Configuring rich black parameters
- Overprint preview options
- Testing overprinting object control
- Generating a new workspace
- Reverting to default
- Configuring palettes
- Tearing and docking palettes
- Using the Printing and Proofing options
- Fixing missing fonts globally
- Examing OpenType and CFF formats
- Updating paragraph styles
- Checking link resolutions
- Embedding options
- Link colour space and resolution issues
- Preview and fix transparency issues
- Preview and fix separation issues
- Preview and fix ink densities
- Use object layering and stacking
- Identify transparency
- Exploring the flattening process
- Discuss between live and flattened objects
- (cross reference PDF/X-4 and 5)
- Build swatches in Pantone and CMYK
- Understanding the alternate colour space
- Remapping colours
- Removing unused colours
- Adobe PDF Library core technology
- Exploring the presets and modifying
- Differences between Distiller and Export
- Brief explanation of the PDF Specification
- Create and use intent driven print presets
- Saving and loading shared presets
- Understand print drivers, PPDs, colour-space, postscript levels, registration, trim and bleed and colour conversion options. The benefits of simulation on output, OPI and flattening
- Examine preflight checks
- Output of fonts include CJK
- Differences between in-document content and PDF Export considerations
- Other preflight alternatives
- Packaging for print provider output
- Reading the preflight report
- What items are checked by InDesign
- Font licensing and embedding
- Pros and Cons of Packagiing
- PDF/X-1a and PDF/X-3 standards
- New PDF/X-4, 4p and 4g
- Benefits of ISO standards and the future
- Adobe PDF Print Engine
The following are provided for your best experience on this course:
- All computers for your use with choice of Windows or Mac systems
- Small class size (limited to a maximum of 4-8 attendees on all sessions)
- Quality reference manual for post course reference to take away with you
- 6 months post course support to assist you where needed
- Official Adobe Authorised Certificate for your successful completion of the course
- Lunch To give you the most flexible options for lunch we provide lunch vouchers which can be redeemed locally at a number of popular eateries including Pret A Manger, EAT, Starbucks, Tesco, Sainsburys, Boots and Greggs
- Refreshments to keep you on top form are available for you throughout the course with a full range of teas, coffees and biscuits
- Pads and pens
Daily course times run between 10am and 5pm with an hour break for lunch and both mid morning and mid-afternoon refreshment breaks. We recommend arrival at 9.45am for registration on the first day of the course.
Further details on benefits included with this Adobe InDesign CC course:
Included with our InDesign courses is the Brilliant InDesign book provided for free to use as a post course reference resource. This is a full 300+ page manual to supplement the content covered during the course.
Included with your course booking for all delegates on this course is 6 months free support so if you run into problems or need assistance relating to anything covered during your course we would be happy to assist you during this time.
After your Adobe class with XChange Training you will receive our official Adobe Authorised Training Certificate as a record of your successful completion of the Adobe Certified InDesign course.
Delegates attending scheduled or bespoke courses at our training centres will receive lunch and plentiful refreshments including tea, coffee and hot chocolate for each day of the course.
This course is provided at the XChange Training main London training centre based at:5 St John’s Lane
Click to View Full details of our London Training Venue and Course options
St John’s Lane is located in the heart of Clerkenwell close to the junction of Farringdon and Clerkenwell Road. Farringdon tube & train station is just a few minutes away and the training centre can also be accessed from Chancery Lane and Barbican tubes in about 10 minutes. There is also easy direct access by bus from Waterloo (243) and West End (55) with nearby stops.
Daily course times run between 10am and 5pm with an hour break for lunch and both mid morning and mid-afternoon refreshment breaks.
Scheduled Course Enquiry
If you are considering this InDesign CC Print Production 1 Day Course but would like further information simply send us your query quickly & easily with the form below. Whether you would like to check date availability, pricing, course suitability or just need further information about a course send us your query and we will get you a swift reply, usually within 2 business hours!
Bespoke Adobe InDesign Training
Our bespoke course options for Adobe InDesign training are shown below:
Bespoke Adobe InDesign CC Training Courses
Bespoke Adobe InDesign CS6 Training Courses
Very organized training course covered all the basics needed and ran efficiently and in a nice relaxed and amenable environment.
Amaya Climent, The Crown Estate, InDesign - 1 Day Essentials
An outstanding training course led by a very knowledgeable and insightful tutor. Thoroughly enjoyed my time and will take forward all new knowledge to my workplace and personal life too. Really enjoyed this, thanks very much!
Emma McLean, University of Strathclyde, Adobe InDesign - Two Day Introduction
The course was great - a lot of content and adapted well for both attendees needs - brilliant trainer who obviously has a lot of experience which really helped. Thank you.
Amanda Hayes, Weil Gotshal & Manges, InDesign - 2 Day Introduction
The instructor was absolutely brilliant, he was enthusiastic and no question was ever too much to answer. The environment was lovely and learning was enjoyable.
Laura Kay, Lakelovers, InDesign Introduction - 2 Days
Well-paced and was taught the most important processes that will make a real difference to everyday use of InDesign.
Carly Rolfe, Manchester University, InDesign Introduction - 2 Days
It was an informative two days I now feel confident enough to design and create my own brochures and have picked up some handy short cuts.
Lauren Partakis, Fairhome Group, Adobe InDesign - Two Day Introduction
I have never used Adobe InDesign before and the course and instructor explained everything, pausing and helping if anyone needed. Nothing was a problem to him!
Molly Henderson, HSS Hire, InDesign Introduction - 2 Days
To say that this course has revolutionised my design life is an understatement; It will benefit my work certainly but also several projects currently ongoing in my personal life as I am an aspiring writer and food blogger. Fantastic course delivered by an amazing trainer!
Lyndsay Stewart, Next, InDesign - Two Day Introduction
Really useful content presented in an understandable yet comprehensive manner. Covered a lot without being overwhelming. Fantastic and very helpful training and great tips on shortcuts too!
Carley Willis, UKTI, InDesign - 2 Day Introduction
It was good fun, informative and I feel like I learnt a lot. It has also made me want to do more courses.
Stephanie Razis, Salamanca, InDesign - 2 Day Introduction