Our trainers are Autodesk Certified Instructors with years of experience teaching 3DS Max. Get the 3D skills you need with our Autodesk professionals.
Autodesk 3ds Max Introduction 2 Days - London
Learn the fundamentals of 3ds Max as we guide you through this comprehensive introduction to the powerful modelling program. We will show you how to create, import, and manipulate 3D data. With our help, you will quickly learn how to light, animate and render your own 3D objects.
After we give you a complete tour of the 3ds Max environment, we will show you how to import data from other programs and build your own 3D models. As well as enhancing scenes through the use of materials and maps, you will also learn the basics of good scene lighting. With our help, you will be able to animate and render your own 3D creations.
Autodesk 3ds Max Introduction 2 Days Overview
This 2-day Introduction course helps you learn about the tools and features available in Autodesk 3ds Max. We will help you understand how this industry-leading program gives you the tools you need to create and animate your own 3D objects. You will work with materials and maps as we show you how produce well-lit stills and animations.
To aid your continued development, our course encourages self-learning through use of the Autodesk 3ds Max help system. We will show you how to use the help system to improve your understanding of the program long after your course is complete.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Navigate the 3ds Max environment
- Import data from other 3D programs
- Model 3D objects from 2D shapes
- Embellish scenes by using materials and maps
- Define scene lighting
- Animate objects and materials
- Render still pictures and animations
Our goal is for you to understand how create and animate your own 3D objects.
Course Target Audience and delegate prerequisites
This course is intended for graphic designers who wish to learn about 3D design and modelling but who have little or no experience of using 3D programs.
You will need basic PC or Mac skills, including a solid understanding of a computer's operating system (Windows or Mac OS). You will also need to know how to launch a program, create and save files, and copy files from CDs and other media.
Autodesk 3ds Max Introduction 2 Days Course OutlineAutodesk 3ds Max 2018 Overview
- Interface & workflow
- Project folder configuration
- Viewports & navigation tools
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Reference coordinate system and Snaps
- Asset browser
- Parametric geometries and shapes
- High and low poly modelling
- Modelling 3D objects from 2D shapes
- Edge copying technique
- Combine multiple modelling concepts to create photo-real models
- Learn to build anything you can imagine
- Scaling your model (reset Xform)
- Learn a material’s workflow
- How to use material templates (arch and design and Autodesk materials)
- How to create photorealistic materials
- How to apply a material (uvw map and unwrap uvw)
- Open, save, create & merge materials libraries
- Create & modify cameras
- Create camera from view
- Viewport background
- Scene states
- Isolation mode
- Display object properties
- Standard and photometric lights- advantages & disadvantages
- Distributions types photometric lights
- Self illuminated materials
- Interior lighting techniques
- Daylight system
- Shadow types
- How to animate objects & materials
- Tips & tricks
- Walk through animation
- Select & link objects
- Default scanline renderer
- Mentalray renderer
- Final gather
- Rendering animations with mentalray
- Panorama exporter
- Print size assistant
The following are provided for your best experience on this course:
- All computers for your use with choice of Windows or Mac systems
- Small class size (limited to a maximum of 4-8 attendees on all sessions)
- Quality reference manual for post course reference to take away with you
- 6 months post course support to assist you where needed
- Official Authorised Certificate for your successful completion of the course
- Lunch To give you the most flexible options for lunch we provide lunch vouchers which can be redeemed locally at a number of popular eateries including Pret A Manger, EAT, Starbucks, Tesco, Sainsburys, Boots and Greggs
- Refreshments to keep you on top form are available for you throughout the course with a full range of teas, coffees and biscuits
- Pads and pens
Daily course times run between 10am and 5pm with an hour break for lunch and both mid morning and mid-afternoon refreshment breaks. We recommend arrival at 9.45am for registration on the first day of the course.
Further details on benefits included with this Autodesk 3ds Max course:
Included with your course booking for all delegates on this course is 6 months free support so if you run into problems or need assistance relating to anything covered during your course we would be happy to assist you during this time.
After your class with XChange Training you will receive our official Certificate as a record of your successful completion of the course.
Delegates attending scheduled or bespoke courses at our training centres will receive lunch and plentiful refreshments including tea, coffee and hot chocolate for each day of the course.
This course is provided at the XChange Training main London training centre based at:5 St John’s Lane
Click to View Full details of our London Training Venue and Course options
St John’s Lane is located in the heart of Clerkenwell close to the junction of Farringdon and Clerkenwell Road. Farringdon tube & train station is just a few minutes away and the training centre can also be accessed from Chancery Lane and Barbican tubes in about 10 minutes. There is also easy direct access by bus from Waterloo (243) and West End (55) with nearby stops.
Daily course times run between 10am and 5pm with an hour break for lunch and both mid morning and mid-afternoon refreshment breaks.
Scheduled Course Enquiry
If you are considering this Autodesk 3ds Max Introduction 2 Days Course but would like further information simply send us your query quickly & easily with the form below. Whether you would like to check date availability, pricing, course suitability or just need further information about a course send us your query and we will get you a swift reply, usually within 2 business hours!
Bespoke Autodesk 3ds Max Training
Our bespoke course options for Autodesk 3ds Max training are shown below:
Bespoke Autodesk 3ds Max Training Courses
Exactly what I was hoping for, thank you XChange Training!
Karl Durnberger, Selex, Autodesk 3DS Max - 2 Day Course
Excellent one-to-one training, giving indepth knowledge of the software. Great opportunity to discuss workflows and software issues.
George Stuart, Centaur Communications, Acrobat - 1 Day Introduction
Informative, personalized and excellent tuition provided.
Miles Walker, Travel Counsellors, Dreamweaver - 1 Day Introduction
Had an absolutely fantastic tutor and session - covered everything I asked and didn't know to ask!! So happy with the aftercare support as well and would love the opportunity for another relevant course in future.
Emily Theodore, Catersales, Illustrator - 1 Day Advanced
The tutor was excellent! He was very friendly and his instruction has surpassed my expectations. I am extremely impressed by how much I have learned and I would definitely recommend this course to my friends and colleagues. The course was worth every penny. Thank you so much!
Jonathan Cain, HTML/HTML5 & CSS/CSS3 Masterclass
Great experience. Thanks for giving me a good grounding into Cinema 4D over a short period.
Paul Dunkley, Maxon Cinema 4D - 2 Day Introduction
Very enjoyable and I got a lot out of the day. Thank you very much.
Hywel Walters, Morgan Sindall, SketchUp - 1 Day Introduction
Trainer was very friendly, knowledgeable and professional. Supply of high quality reference book for each trainee was added bonus.
Thomas Booth, BAE Systems, Captivate - 2 Day Introduction
The trainer was very knowledgeable, patient and adaptable. A very pleasant introduction to Cinema 4D -thank you.
Graham Martin, Rapier, Maxon Cinema 4D - 2 Day Introduction
Great general overview giving me an excellent insight into the crazy world of Photoshop!
Nic Griffiths, Getty Images, Photoshop - 2 Day Introduction