Our trainers are Autodesk Certified Instructors with years of experience teaching 3DS Max. Get the 3D skills you need with our Autodesk professionals.
Autodesk 3ds Max Introduction Masterclass 5 Days - London
Go from being a novice to mastering the advanced tasks in this powerful modelling program. Join us as we show you how to take charge and become a 3ds Max power user. Produce visually stunning animated scenes and learn how to create and manipulate realistic 3D objects.
We will guide you on everything from getting started with simple shapes and controlling the 3ds Max environment all the way up to building complex objects and materials, and adjusting cameras and lighting. With our help, you will become confident in using the program's advanced features to produce outstanding 3D models and panoramas.
|Price:||£1,195.00 ex VAT|
|Version:||Autodesk 3ds Max|
|Level:||Introduction to Advanced|
|Duration:||5 Days (10am-5pm)|
|Computer:||Windows & Mac|
19 Oct - 23 Oct
Autodesk 3ds Max Masterclass 5 Days
Farringdon, Central London
Next available London course dates
- 19 Oct - 23 Oct
Autodesk 3ds Max Masterclass 5 Days Overview
This 5-day Masterclass course helps you learn about the tools and features available for power users of Autodesk 3ds Max. We will help you understand how this industry-leading program takes modelling and animation to a new level. We will guide you in learning the work area and then move on to cover modelling, material creation, animation, and scene generation. Our course is the perfection preparation for anyone looking to take the 3ds Max Certified Associate Exam.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Navigate the 3ds Max environment
- Model 3D objects from 2D shapes
- Create photorealistic materials
- Modify camera viewpoints
- Define scene lighting and shadows
- Animate objects and materials
- Render models and panoramas
Our goal is for you to understand how to model and animate complex 3D scenes.
Course Target Audience and delegate prerequisites
This course is intended for graphic designers who wish to learn about 3D design and modelling but who have little or no experience of using 3D programs.
You will need basic PC or Mac skills, including a solid understanding of a computer's operating system (Windows or Mac OS). You will also need to know how to launch a program, create and save files, and copy files from CDs and other media.
Autodesk 3ds Max Masterclass 5 Days Course OutlineAutodesk 3ds Max Overview
- Interface & workflow
- Project folder configuration
- Viewports & navigation tools
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Reference coordinate system and Snaps
- Asset browser
- Parametric geometries and shapes
- High and low poly modelling
- Modelling 3D objects from 2D shapes
- Edge copying technique
- Combine multiple modelling concepts to create photo-real models
- Learn to build anything you can imagine
- Scaling your model (reset Xform)
- Learn a material’s workflow
- How to use material templates (arch and design and Autodesk materials)
- How to create photorealistic materials
- How to apply a material (uvw map and unwrap uvw)
- Open, save, create & merge materials libraries
- Create & modify cameras
- Create camera from view
- Viewport background
- Scene states
- Isolation mode
- Display object properties
- Standard and photometric lights- advantages & disadvantages
- Distributions types photometric lights
- Self illuminated materials
- Interior lighting techniques
- Daylight system
- Shadow types
- How to animate objects & materials
- Tips & tricks
- Walk through animation
- Select & link objects
- Default scanline renderer
- Mentalray renderer
- Final gather
- Rendering animations with mentalray
- Panorama exporter
- Print size assistant
The following are provided for your best experience on this course:
- All computers for your use with choice of Windows or Mac systems
- Small class size (limited to a maximum of 4-8 attendees on all sessions)
- Quality reference manual for post course reference to take away with you
- 6 months post course support to assist you where needed
- Official Authorised Certificate for your successful completion of the course
- Lunch To give you the most flexible options for lunch we provide lunch vouchers which can be redeemed locally at a number of popular eateries including Pret A Manger, EAT, Starbucks, Tesco, Sainsburys, Boots and Greggs
- Refreshments to keep you on top form are available for you throughout the course with a full range of teas, coffees and biscuits
- Pads and pens
Daily course times run between 10am and 5pm with an hour break for lunch and both mid morning and mid-afternoon refreshment breaks. We recommend arrival at 9.45am for registration on the first day of the course.
Further details on benefits included with this Autodesk 3ds Max course:
Included with your course booking for all delegates on this course is 6 months free support so if you run into problems or need assistance relating to anything covered during your course we would be happy to assist you during this time.
After your class with XChange Training you will receive our official Certificate as a record of your successful completion of the course.
Delegates attending scheduled or bespoke courses at our training centres will receive lunch and plentiful refreshments including tea, coffee and hot chocolate for each day of the course.
This course is provided at the XChange Training main London training centre based at:5 St John’s Lane
Click to View Full details of our London Training Venue and Course options
St John’s Lane is located in the heart of Clerkenwell close to the junction of Farringdon and Clerkenwell Road. Farringdon tube & train station is just a few minutes away and the training centre can also be accessed from Chancery Lane and Barbican tubes in about 10 minutes. There is also easy direct access by bus from Waterloo (243) and West End (55) with nearby stops.
Daily course times run between 10am and 5pm with an hour break for lunch and both mid morning and mid-afternoon refreshment breaks.
Scheduled Course Enquiry
If you are considering this Autodesk 3ds Max Masterclass 5 Days Course but would like further information simply send us your query quickly & easily with the form below. Whether you would like to check date availability, pricing, course suitability or just need further information about a course send us your query and we will get you a swift reply, usually within 2 business hours!
Bespoke Autodesk 3ds Max Training
Our bespoke course options for Autodesk 3ds Max training are shown below:
Bespoke Autodesk 3ds Max Training Courses
Exactly what I was hoping for, thank you XChange Training!
Karl Durnberger, Selex, Autodesk 3DS Max - 2 Day Course
Thoroughly enjoyed the training and picked up very useful tips on using QuarkXpress.
Vivien Brown, Frank Cass, QuarkXPress - 2 Day Introduction
As always clear, concise and friendly. I have come away from today's course having learnt exactly what I needed to know. Thank you!
Charlotte Green, AXA Investment Managers, HTML - 1 Day Introduction
Very well delivered, informative, and the tutor was excellent. The small group size made learning and tutor support a pleasure.
Niall OLeary, LCA, Vectorworks - 2 Day Introduction
Overall I feel the Photoshop course was great. The tutor was patient and had a great in depth knowledge on Photoshop. All in all I had a great day and I feel like I'm a more confident Photoshop user thanks to the trainer and XChange training.
Jonathan Ford, Bos Ltd, Adobe Photoshop - 1 Day Advanced
Very informative and up to date instructions. First class facilities and throughly recommended.
Terry Hyde, Canada Life, QuarkXPress - 2 Day Introduction
We learnt all the relevant skills and extra techniques to enable us to work Keynote. Also all the extra quick links and the free Training Book will be very useful. Thank you.
Laura Kirby, M-IS, Bespoke Apple Keynote 1 Day Introduction
The instructor was super supporting instructor with an awesome style of imparting the training session!
Rashmi Maheshwari, Microsoft PowerPoint - 1 Day Advanced
Very good course, very informative. Delivered excellently by trainer.
Adrian Rigby, NU-Form Fire UK, AutoCAD Introduction - Two Days
Brilliant day - fun and informative. Covered exactly what I needed.
Lisa Simmonds, Penguin Books, HTML - 1 Day Introduction