We are an Adobe Authorised Training Centre and our trainers are Adobe Certified Instructors with years of experience teaching InDesign. Get the layout skills you need with our experienced InDesign professionals.
ePub Creation with Adobe InDesign CC 1 Day - London
Find out how to get your documents onto Kindles, iPads, and other devices as you join us to learn about the ePub digital-publishing format. Pick up some great tips and get ready to appeal to a wider digital audience.
We will help you learn about the ePub specification, including how to examine and put together an ePub package of your own. We will show you how to apply consistent styling to text, create an eye-catching front cover, and publish the final product ready for anyone with a tablet or eReader to read.
InDesign Conversion to ePub 1 Day Overview
This 1-day Introduction course will enhance your existing knowledge of Adobe InDesign CC by focusing on ePub, which is the digital-publishing format used to produce content for a wide variety of eReaders such as Kindle, iPad, iPhone, Sony Reader, Nook, and many more. We will show you how to take your existing layouts and publish them for these devices. With our help, you will learn how InDesign makes the publishing process straightforward, even if you have never used ePub before.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the ePub specification
- Explore an ePub package
- Examine XHTML and CSS
- Control section breaks and image behaviour
- Apply paragraph and character styles
- Produce a front cover
- Use the Articles panel
- Convert to .mobi (Kindle) and other formats
Our goal is to help you understand and implement the techniques necessary to convert your existing and new layouts to ePub format.
Course Target Audience and delegate prerequisites
This course is intended for graphic designers, creative professionals, print professionals, publishers, pre-press professionals, and marketing communications professionals.
You will need basic experience in using InDesign. Ideally, you will have taken our Adobe InDesign CC Introduction 2 Day course.
InDesign Conversion to ePub 1 Day Course OutlineePub Overview
- Examining the ePub specification (3.0)
- Examples of existing ePub documents
- Software and hardware solutions
- What works and what doesn't
- How to open the package (Mac and PC)
- Structure of content
- XHTML pages
- CSS definitions
- Software in the marketplace
- Understanding document flow
- Ways to overcome document flow issues
- Creating a front cover – options available
- Anchoring content inside the document flow
- Options for document and article flow
- Grouping elements
- Adding elements to articles panel
- Keeping content together
- Overview of paragraph styles
- Overview of character styles
- Using Find/Change to overcome widowed styles
- Defining measurements
- Examine suggested image sizes
- Full page images
- Controlling behaviour of images
- Using Live Preflight
- Creating a custom profile
- Exporting your profile
- Importing a profile
- Defining document structure
- Creating a TOC style
- Generating a TOC
- Updating a TOCFonts
- Issues surrounding fonts
- Embedded or defaulting
- Export options for fonts
- Adding documents into a book
- Rearranging document order
- Synchronise styles
- Controlling chapter layout order
- Document Metadata
- Formatting options
- Image preservation (and overrides)
- Control control
- CSS options
- Viewing options
- Display in Adobe Digital Editions (ADE)
- Options for Windows
- Options for Mac
- Expand and compress (.zip)
- Opening ePub XHTML files
- Opening ePub CSS files
- Making edits
- Validating your ePub
- Convert to .mobi for Kindle
The following are provided for your best experience on this course:
- All computers for your use with choice of Windows or Mac systems
- Small class size (limited to a maximum of 4-8 attendees on all sessions)
- Quality reference manual for post course reference to take away with you
- 6 months post course support to assist you where needed
- Official Adobe Authorised Certificate for your successful completion of the course
- Lunch To give you the most flexible options for lunch we provide lunch vouchers which can be redeemed locally at a number of popular eateries including Pret A Manger, EAT, Starbucks, Tesco, Sainsburys, Boots and Greggs
- Refreshments to keep you on top form are available for you throughout the course with a full range of teas, coffees and biscuits
- Pads and pens
Daily course times run between 10am and 5pm with an hour break for lunch and both mid morning and mid-afternoon refreshment breaks. We recommend arrival at 9.45am for registration on the first day of the course.
Further details on benefits included with this Adobe InDesign CC course:
Included with our InDesign courses is the Brilliant InDesign book provided for free to use as a post course reference resource. This is a full 300+ page manual to supplement the content covered during the course.
Included with your course booking for all delegates on this course is 6 months free support so if you run into problems or need assistance relating to anything covered during your course we would be happy to assist you during this time.
After your Adobe class with XChange Training you will receive our official Adobe Authorised Training Certificate as a record of your successful completion of the Adobe Certified InDesign course.
Delegates attending scheduled or bespoke courses at our training centres will receive lunch and plentiful refreshments including tea, coffee and hot chocolate for each day of the course.
This course is provided at the XChange Training main London training centre based at:5 St John’s Lane
Click to View Full details of our London Training Venue and Course options
St John’s Lane is located in the heart of Clerkenwell close to the junction of Farringdon and Clerkenwell Road. Farringdon tube & train station is just a few minutes away and the training centre can also be accessed from Chancery Lane and Barbican tubes in about 10 minutes. There is also easy direct access by bus from Waterloo (243) and West End (55) with nearby stops.
Daily course times run between 10am and 5pm with an hour break for lunch and both mid morning and mid-afternoon refreshment breaks.
Scheduled Course Enquiry
If you are considering this InDesign Conversion to ePub 1 Day Course but would like further information simply send us your query quickly & easily with the form below. Whether you would like to check date availability, pricing, course suitability or just need further information about a course send us your query and we will get you a swift reply, usually within 2 business hours!
Bespoke ePub Training
Our bespoke course options for ePub training are shown below:
Bespoke ePub Training Courses
Thanks for an informative day!
Kate Hardie, Culham Studio, ePub - 1 Day Introduction
Overall the course was very informative and covered a lot of the information I was after.
Deborah Durojaiye, Macmillan, ePub - 1 Day Introduction
A great course which covered all the areas I was looking for.
Mark Barton, Video Combo - 5 Day Masterclass
Really enjoyed the course feel I've learned significant amount in order to be able to put my news skills in to practice - thanks!
Esther Lazenby, Liverpool City Council, Animate Introduction - Two Days
The training was very useful and there were two of us in the class so we had a lot of 1-on-1 training which was great. Relaxed but a focused atmosphere.
Clare McCarthy, Charles Tyrwhitt, Illustrator - 2 Day Advanced
It was an informative two days I now feel confident enough to design and create my own brochures and have picked up some handy short cuts.
Lauren Partakis, Fairhome Group, Adobe InDesign - Two Day Introduction
Excellent facilities, close to the station. The tutor really understood the program and the work of designers. He taught more than was required and answered advanced questions with knowledge and understanding. The course will help me enormously with my work and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend XChange Training to my fellow colleagues and friends.
Gary Stafford, Shoreline Housing Partnership, InDesign - 1 Day Introduction
The instructor was great - patient, knowledgeable, friendly and fun. Had a great two days and feel confident in working with WordPress now.
Lisa Marie Rae, Getty Images, WordPress - 2 Day Masterclass
It was a good starting point to learn about Photoshop and was a good relaxed informal class.
Melanie Day, Parker Hannifin, Photoshop - 2 Day Introduction
Thorough training and everything was explained really clearly. I feel like I can go away and build a HTML Email from scratch confidently.
Sophie Sedgley, Vax, Dreamweaver for HTML Emails Introduction