We are an Adobe Authorised Training Centre and our trainers are Adobe Certified Instructors with years of experience teaching InDesign. Get the layout skills you need with our experienced InDesign professionals.
ePub Creation with Adobe InDesign CC 1 Day - London
Find out how to get your documents onto Kindles, iPads, and other devices as you join us to learn about the ePub digital-publishing format. Pick up some great tips and get ready to appeal to a wider digital audience.
We will help you learn about the ePub specification, including how to examine and put together an ePub package of your own. We will show you how to apply consistent styling to text, create an eye-catching front cover, and publish the final product ready for anyone with a tablet or eReader to read.
InDesign Conversion to ePub 1 Day Overview
This 1-day Introduction course will enhance your existing knowledge of Adobe InDesign CC by focusing on ePub, which is the digital-publishing format used to produce content for a wide variety of eReaders such as Kindle, iPad, iPhone, Sony Reader, Nook, and many more. We will show you how to take your existing layouts and publish them for these devices. With our help, you will learn how InDesign makes the publishing process straightforward, even if you have never used ePub before.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the ePub specification
- Explore an ePub package
- Examine XHTML and CSS
- Control section breaks and image behaviour
- Apply paragraph and character styles
- Produce a front cover
- Use the Articles panel
- Convert to .mobi (Kindle) and other formats
Our goal is to help you understand and implement the techniques necessary to convert your existing and new layouts to ePub format.
Course Target Audience and delegate prerequisites
This course is intended for graphic designers, creative professionals, print professionals, publishers, pre-press professionals, and marketing communications professionals.
You will need basic experience in using InDesign. Ideally, you will have taken our Adobe InDesign CC Introduction 2 Day course.
InDesign Conversion to ePub 1 Day Course OutlineePub Overview
- Examining the ePub specification (3.0)
- Examples of existing ePub documents
- Software and hardware solutions
- What works and what doesn't
- How to open the package (Mac and PC)
- Structure of content
- XHTML pages
- CSS definitions
- Software in the marketplace
- Understanding document flow
- Ways to overcome document flow issues
- Creating a front cover – options available
- Anchoring content inside the document flow
- Options for document and article flow
- Grouping elements
- Adding elements to articles panel
- Keeping content together
- Overview of paragraph styles
- Overview of character styles
- Using Find/Change to overcome widowed styles
- Defining measurements
- Examine suggested image sizes
- Full page images
- Controlling behaviour of images
- Using Live Preflight
- Creating a custom profile
- Exporting your profile
- Importing a profile
- Defining document structure
- Creating a TOC style
- Generating a TOC
- Updating a TOCFonts
- Issues surrounding fonts
- Embedded or defaulting
- Export options for fonts
- Adding documents into a book
- Rearranging document order
- Synchronise styles
- Controlling chapter layout order
- Document Metadata
- Formatting options
- Image preservation (and overrides)
- Control control
- CSS options
- Viewing options
- Display in Adobe Digital Editions (ADE)
- Options for Windows
- Options for Mac
- Expand and compress (.zip)
- Opening ePub XHTML files
- Opening ePub CSS files
- Making edits
- Validating your ePub
- Convert to .mobi for Kindle
The following are provided for your best experience on this course:
- All computers for your use with choice of Windows or Mac systems
- Small class size (limited to a maximum of 4-8 attendees on all sessions)
- Quality reference manual for post course reference to take away with you
- 6 months post course support to assist you where needed
- Official Adobe Authorised Certificate for your successful completion of the course
- Lunch To give you the most flexible options for lunch we provide lunch vouchers which can be redeemed locally at a number of popular eateries including Pret A Manger, EAT, Starbucks, Tesco, Sainsburys, Boots and Greggs
- Refreshments to keep you on top form are available for you throughout the course with a full range of teas, coffees and biscuits
- Pads and pens
Daily course times run between 10am and 5pm with an hour break for lunch and both mid morning and mid-afternoon refreshment breaks. We recommend arrival at 9.45am for registration on the first day of the course.
Further details on benefits included with this Adobe InDesign CC course:
Included with our InDesign courses is the Brilliant InDesign book provided for free to use as a post course reference resource. This is a full 300+ page manual to supplement the content covered during the course.
Included with your course booking for all delegates on this course is 6 months free support so if you run into problems or need assistance relating to anything covered during your course we would be happy to assist you during this time.
After your Adobe class with XChange Training you will receive our official Adobe Authorised Training Certificate as a record of your successful completion of the Adobe Certified InDesign course.
Delegates attending scheduled or bespoke courses at our training centres will receive lunch and plentiful refreshments including tea, coffee and hot chocolate for each day of the course.
This course is provided at the XChange Training main London training centre based at:5 St John’s Lane
Click to View Full details of our London Training Venue and Course options
St John’s Lane is located in the heart of Clerkenwell close to the junction of Farringdon and Clerkenwell Road. Farringdon tube & train station is just a few minutes away and the training centre can also be accessed from Chancery Lane and Barbican tubes in about 10 minutes. There is also easy direct access by bus from Waterloo (243) and West End (55) with nearby stops.
Daily course times run between 10am and 5pm with an hour break for lunch and both mid morning and mid-afternoon refreshment breaks.
Scheduled Course Enquiry
If you are considering this InDesign Conversion to ePub 1 Day Course but would like further information simply send us your query quickly & easily with the form below. Whether you would like to check date availability, pricing, course suitability or just need further information about a course send us your query and we will get you a swift reply, usually within 2 business hours!
Bespoke ePub Training
Our bespoke course options for ePub training are shown below:
Bespoke ePub Training Courses
Overall the course was very informative and covered a lot of the information I was after.
Deborah Durojaiye, Macmillan, ePub - 1 Day Introduction
Thanks for an informative day!
Kate Hardie, Culham Studio, ePub - 1 Day Introduction
Trainer was extremely well prepared and thought out our training needs well. Moved at a great pace, not too slow but at the same time willing to stop and take a breather if needed.
Murray Ziervogel, BGL Group, Adobe Animate - One Day Advanced
Course went at a good pace. The trainer was very enthusiastic about the content and able to explain the concepts well and at the right pace.
Peter Leatherland, NGI, HTML & CSS - 2 Day Introduction
An excellent and thorough introduction to OS X.
Steve Fairchild, Park Communications Ltd, Mac OS X - 1 Day Introduction
Very enlightening and resolved the immediate issues I was having with WordPress.
Gillian Bardsley, Ferranti Technologies, WordPress - 1 Day Advanced
The instructor was clearly knowledgeable of their subject. Pacing was good and the content was applied to the different backgrounds of the people who were present. All staff were courteous - good facilities.
Bruce Fleming, Central Park Primary School, Photoshop - 2 Day Advanced
Good instructor, fun and informative.
Nolan Ward, Carbon Creative, After Effects - 2 Day Introduction
A very enjoyable experience.
Gary Gilbert, Marshall Cavendish, Acrobat - 1 Day Introduction
I've learnt a great deal in the space of four days and am very much looking forward to using my new Photoshop skills at work in my job! I have a new found confidence in using Photoshop as part of the work I do and I never thought I'd be able to say that as before I just completely avoided using it.
Emily Ball, Brandfuel, Photoshop - 2 Day Advanced