Our trainers are HTML Specialists with years of experience teaching HTML. Get the web skills you need with our HTML professionals.
Creating Responsive HTML Emails Introduction - London
Supercharge your emails as you learn the tips and techniques for producing eye-catching responsive HTML mailshots that will deliver a consistent, appealing result across a range of devices. Join us in composing and testing the email content that will get your message noticed.
After we show you how and why normal web-design practices do not always apply to HTML email, you will learn the rules for composing messages that look great when viewed on a wide variety of email software and devices. You will understand the common issues to be overcome when composing content for email, and we will show you how to safeguard your messages from being blacklisted or marked as spam.
|Price:||£425.00 ex VAT|
|Duration:||2 Days (10am-5pm)|
|Computer:||Windows & Mac|
22 Mar - 23 Mar
Coding Responsive HTML Emails 2 Days
Farringdon, Central London
Next available London course dates
- 22 Mar - 23 Mar
- 05 May - 06 May
- 16 Jun - 17 Jun
- 26 Jul - 27 Jul
- 01 Sep - 02 Sep
Responsive HTML Emails 2 Days Overview
This 2-day Introduction course helps you learn how to create HTML code to design responsive HTML mailshots. We will provide you with the hands-on coding skills you need to make effective email-marketing campaigns.
We all know that a well-crafted and visually appealing email can make a big difference to whether people respond to your message. Our course focuses on the challenges that we need to overcome in order to produce a consistent result that will look good across a wide variety of email clients and devices.
Even web designers with a good understanding of Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) can trip up when creating HTML emails, because what works on the web often does not work in email. Join us for the inside knowledge you need to get your email communications to look and act right every time.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand how CSS differs on the web and in email
- Apply inline CSS to your emails
- Standardise your email output across a variety of clients and devices
- Optimise and format images for email
- Write effective and compelling subject and body text
- Test and resolve common bugs and issues
- Avoid being blacklisted or being classed as a spammer
Our goal is for you to be able to create engaging and attractive HTML email that will appeal to your audience.
Course Target Audience and delegate prerequisites
This course is intended for those who are new to creating HTML emails and who want to develop coding skills to create attractive, effective email-marketing campaigns.
You will need basic PC or Mac skills, including a solid understanding of a computer's operating system (Windows or Mac OS). You will also need to know how to launch a program, create and save files, and copy files from CDs and other media.
Coding Responsive HTML Emails 2 Days Course OutlineHow Do HTML Emails Work?
- The ‘bigger picture’ with webmail, email and mobile clients
- Examples of responsive HTML emails and e-shots
- Building a user friendly HTML email
- Distribution of HTML emails
- Planning how all 3 email client types will be viewed as a storyboard for all media breakpoints
- What size should they be?
- Do I need a range of sizes?
- Should my emails be fluid?
- Introducing Dreamweaver
- Learning the interface
- Dreamweaver workflow
- Understanding HTML code
- Viewing examples of HTML code
- Specific HTML email requirements
- Basic HTML exercises
- Understanding CSS code
- Viewing examples of CSS code
- Mobile specific CSS
- Media queries
- Basic CSS exercises
- The research process - understanding your readers
- The design process – effective responsive layout
- HTML email best practices
- Email marketing tips
- Create a new basic HTML page
- Add and format text content
- Insert graphics and images
- Test and preview the page
- Designing a page layout with tables
- Creating table structures
- Modifying and nesting tables
- Inline styling
- Formatting text, images and data in tables
- Understanding links
- Creating links
- Creating email links
- What is a media query?
- What does it do and how does it behave?
- Do I need media queries?
- How can I implement them to render correctly?
- Are there any generic fixes for older mail clients?
- What happens if I need to make a specific width?
- How do I code a table for collapse?
- How to write CSS to control page layout
- Testing your HTML email on desktop and mobile screens
- Uploading your HTML and images
- Options - service providers
- Creating a mailing list
- Managing subscribers
- Scheduling and when to send
- Anti-spam techniques
The following are provided for your best experience on this course:
- All computers for your use with choice of Windows or Mac systems
- Small class size (limited to a maximum of 4-8 attendees on all sessions)
- Quality reference manual for post course reference to take away with you
- 6 months post course support to assist you where needed
- Official Adobe Authorised Certificate for your successful completion of the course
- Lunch To give you the most flexible options for lunch we provide lunch vouchers which can be redeemed locally at a number of popular eateries including Pret A Manger, EAT, Starbucks, Tesco, Sainsburys, Boots and Greggs
- Refreshments to keep you on top form are available for you throughout the course with a full range of teas, coffees and biscuits
- Pads and pens
Daily course times run between 10am and 5pm with an hour break for lunch and both mid morning and mid-afternoon refreshment breaks. We recommend arrival at 9.45am for registration on the first day of the course.
Further details on benefits included with this Internet Marketing course:
Included with our HTML courses is the HTML & CSS Visual Quickstart Guide provided for free to use as a post course reference resource. This is a full 300+ page manual to supplement the content covered during the course.
Included with your course booking for all delegates on this course is 6 months free support so if you run into problems or need assistance relating to anything covered during your course we would be happy to assist you during this time.
After your class with XChange Training you will receive our official Certificate as a record of your successful completion of the course.
Delegates attending scheduled or bespoke courses at our training centres will receive lunch and plentiful refreshments including tea, coffee and hot chocolate for each day of the course.
This course is provided at the XChange Training main London training centre based at:5 St John’s Lane
Click to View Full details of our London Training Venue and Course options
St John’s Lane is located in the heart of Clerkenwell close to the junction of Farringdon and Clerkenwell Road. Farringdon tube & train station is just a few minutes away and the training centre can also be accessed from Chancery Lane and Barbican tubes in about 10 minutes. There is also easy direct access by bus from Waterloo (243) and West End (55) with nearby stops.
Daily course times run between 10am and 5pm with an hour break for lunch and both mid morning and mid-afternoon refreshment breaks.
Scheduled Course Enquiry
If you are considering this Coding Responsive HTML Emails 2 Days Course but would like further information simply send us your query quickly & easily with the form below. Whether you would like to check date availability, pricing, course suitability or just need further information about a course send us your query and we will get you a swift reply, usually within 2 business hours!
Bespoke Internet Marketing Training
Our bespoke course options for Internet Marketing training are shown below:
Bespoke Internet Marketing Training Courses
Got everything I wanted and more. Will highly recommend.
Elisa McCafferty, Muse - 1 Day Introduction
A worthwhile training course. A very experienced instructor who gave useful tips and tricks in addition to the scheduled course.
Andy Hunt, Totem Agency, Maxon Cinema 4D - 2 Day Intermediate
The course was well informed and our tutor was very knowledgeable and patient with all students. I would highly recommend this course and XChange Training for the future.
Jenni Prichard, Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward, Photoshop - 2 Day Introduction
Very helpful course with all the basics covered. I feel confident that I can complete and build and produce quality courses relatively pain free!
Sian Murphy, Riverside Housing, Storyline - 2 Day Introduction
The course was well structured and the small class size was great. The tutor managed to tailor it to our needs too which was great.
Jessica Croome, The Creative Clinic, WordPress - 1 Day Advanced
This is my third class, they have all been excellent. Earning my Adobe Illustrator qualification with you has made a big difference in my job hunting. Thank you.
Velo Mitrovich, Illustrator - 1 Day Introduction
This was an excellent course and I feel it's really added more to my general skill-set. I can't wait to get started and creating. Many thanks!!!
Peter Songi, RIBA Enterprises, Animate Introduction - Two Days
Have thoroughly enjoyed attending the photoshop training course. The instructor was extremely helpful, friendly and knowledgable. I have gained lots of useful hints, tips and techniques to help me. Will happily recommend to others. Thank you.
Michaela Dixon, Motor Mart Ltd, Photoshop - 1 Day Introduction
Had a great 2 days with a very knowledgeable and friendly trainer. Thank you.
John Thompson, Greater Manchester Police, Premiere Pro - 2 Day Introduction
Very good and extremely informative. Complicated enough to be challenging yet explained well enough to not put me off. Thanks!
Will Jobbins, Freelance, WordPress - 2 Day Introduction