To ensure you receive the best quality Cinema 4D training our trainers are Maxon Authorised.
Maxon Cinema 4D Introduction for After Effects Users 2 Days - London
Learn about 3D design and animation as you apply your After Effects knowledge to Cinema 4D. We will show you how to create realistic objects and surfaces, and then render and export the results. This course is a brilliant 3D primer for anyone with a grounding in After Effects.
After we give you a complete tour of the Cinema 4D environment, we will show you the basics of modelling, texturing, animation, and rendering. You will learn about importing CAD models and Adobe Illustrator content, and will understand how to get projects to move in and out of After Effects. This is an excellent course for anyone interested in 3D design who has some experience of After Effects.
Cinema 4D for After Effects Users 2 Days Overview
This 2-day Introduction course helps you learn about the tools and features available in Maxon Cinema 4D and Cinema 4D Lite, and has been designed specifically for existing users of Adobe After Effects. Together, we will cover the fundamentals of creating and manipulating objects, animating scenes, and rendering the results.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Navigate the Cinema 4D environment
- Create and manipulate objects
- Import content from other programs
- Apply textures to surfaces
- Animate 3D systems
- Render scenes to produce the final output
- Export After Effects project files from Cinema 4D
- Import lights, cameras, and solids into After Effects
Our goals are for you to create your own 3D designs and character animations, for you to grasp both basic and sophisticated features of Cinema 4D, and for you to understand the integration with After Effects.
Course Target Audience and delegate prerequisites
This course is intended for designers who have little or no experience of any 3D programs but who have previously used Adobe After Effects.
You will need basic experience in using After Effects. Ideally, you will have taken our Adobe After Effects CC Introduction 2 Day course.
Cinema 4D for After Effects Users Course OutlineIntroduction to Maxon Cinema 4D R20 & Cinema 4D Lite
- Customising the interface to make life easier
- Navigation and object manipulation
- Complete interface tour
- Which parts you can safely ignore
- Polygon tools
- Spline manipulation
- Working with imported CAD models
- Loading Adobe Illustrator paths
- Working to scale
- Polygon efficiency for faster renders
- openVDB volumetric modelling
- Material channels
- File formats and their advantages
- Shaders - textures - animated textures
- Applying materials in the right place
- Reflections and Transparencies
- Key frames
- Easing in and smooth motion
- Animating parameters
- Camera animations and walkthroughs
- Particle systems
- Lighting techniques
- Render settings and project set up
- Final render export
- Rendering animations
- Preparing track mattes for compositing
- Exporting multiple layers from Cinema 4D
- Depth channels for depth of field control
- Motion vectors for motion blur
- Exporting After Effects project files from Cinema 4D
- Importing Lights, cameras and solids into After Effects
- Transferring camera tracking data from After Effects to Cinema 4D
The following are provided for your best experience on this course:
- All computers for your use with choice of Windows or Mac systems
- Small class size (limited to a maximum of 4-8 attendees on all sessions)
- Quality reference manual for post course reference to take away with you
- 6 months post course support to assist you where needed
- Official Maxon Authorised Certificate for your successful completion of the course
- Lunch To give you the most flexible options for lunch we provide lunch vouchers which can be redeemed locally at a number of popular eateries including Pret A Manger, EAT, Starbucks, Tesco, Sainsburys, Boots and Greggs
- Refreshments to keep you on top form are available for you throughout the course with a full range of teas, coffees and biscuits
- Pads and pens
Daily course times run between 10am and 5pm with an hour break for lunch and both mid morning and mid-afternoon refreshment breaks. We recommend arrival at 9.45am for registration on the first day of the course.
Further details on benefits included with this Maxon Cinema 4D course:
Included with our Cinema 4D courses is the Cinema 4D Beginner’s Guide provided for free to use as a post course reference resource. This is a full 300+ page manual to supplement the content covered during the course.
Included with your course booking for all delegates on this course is 6 months free support so if you run into problems or need assistance relating to anything covered during your course we would be happy to assist you during this time.
After your class with XChange Training you will receive our official Certificate as a record of your successful completion of the course.
Delegates attending scheduled or bespoke courses at our training centres will receive lunch and plentiful refreshments including tea, coffee and hot chocolate for each day of the course.
This course is provided at the XChange Training main London training centre based at:5 St John’s Lane
Click to View Full details of our London Training Venue and Course options
St John’s Lane is located in the heart of Clerkenwell close to the junction of Farringdon and Clerkenwell Road. Farringdon tube & train station is just a few minutes away and the training centre can also be accessed from Chancery Lane and Barbican tubes in about 10 minutes. There is also easy direct access by bus from Waterloo (243) and West End (55) with nearby stops.
Daily course times run between 10am and 5pm with an hour break for lunch and both mid morning and mid-afternoon refreshment breaks.
Scheduled Course Enquiry
If you are considering this Cinema 4D for After Effects Users Course but would like further information simply send us your query quickly & easily with the form below. Whether you would like to check date availability, pricing, course suitability or just need further information about a course send us your query and we will get you a swift reply, usually within 2 business hours!
Bespoke Maxon Cinema 4D Training
Our bespoke course options for Maxon Cinema 4D training are shown below:
Bespoke Maxon Cinema 4D Training Courses
Extremely helpful day overall. Think I have really learnt a lot today and am looking forward to putting it into practice now.
Nancy Ni Bhriain, Maxon Cinema 4D - 2 Day Intermediate
The trainer was very knowledgeable, patient and adaptable. A very pleasant introduction to Cinema 4D -thank you.
Graham Martin, Rapier, Maxon Cinema 4D - 2 Day Introduction
I found the training went at a great pace and the instructor was extremely helpful and answered all the questions that were thrown at him, plus a good few tips and pointers. Very Pleased.
Antony Frangos, Pentland Brands, Cinema 4D - 2 Day Introduction
Great experience. Thanks for giving me a good grounding into Cinema 4D over a short period.
Paul Dunkley, Maxon Cinema 4D - 2 Day Introduction
Brilliant course and the trainer's knowledge and enthusiasm was great. Looking forward to getting started with my new knowledge of C4D. Thank you!
Phil Lamey, Walt Disney, Cinema 4D - 4 Day Masterclass
Having never used Cinema 4D before this was a great introduction to a very complex program. The basic tools were well covered and have provided a good starting knowledge to look into the workings of this program further.
Siobhan Hooper, Headline Publishing, Maxon Cinema 4D - 2 Day Introduction
Very good experience, will recommend to contacts. Learnt so much in a easy way, great value. Was not sure what to expect but can safely say it has been a brilliant process and the tutor was fantastic.
Alun Edwards, Studio Output, Maxon Cinema 4D - 2 Day Introduction
Excellent introduction to Cinema 4D, despite it being a large piece of software, lots was covered as a basic starting point.
Leigh Harrison, Logistik, Cinema 4D Two Day Introduction
A worthwhile training course. A very experienced instructor who gave useful tips and tricks in addition to the scheduled course.
Andy Hunt, Totem Agency, Maxon Cinema 4D - 2 Day Intermediate
I really enjoyed the class and learnt so much in the two days. The tutor was excellent and made the training much more fun, I would definitely consider doing more training in the future.
Katie Reeves, STI Group, Maxon Cinema 4D - 2 Day Introduction