We are an Adobe Authorised Training Centre and our trainers are Adobe Certified Instructors with years of experience teaching Acrobat. Get the PDF skills you need with our experienced Acrobat professionals.
Adobe Acrobat XI Introduction Masterclass 2 Day - London
Go from being a novice to mastering the advanced tasks in the leading document-publishing program. Join us as we show you how to take charge and become an Acrobat power user. Get the edge as you build PDFs, design forms, gather data, and more.
We will guide you on everything from getting started by creating a simple PDF and controlling the Acrobat environment all the way up to distributing interactive forms to your coworkers and customers. With our help, you will become confident in using the advanced features of Adobe's flagship program to produce business-class documents that work perfectly on the web and in print.
|Price:||£450.00 ex VAT|
|Version:||Adobe Acrobat XI|
|Level:||Introduction to Intermediate|
|Duration:||2 Days (10am - 5pm)|
|Computer:||Windows & Mac|
27 Jan - 28 Jan
Acrobat XI Masterclass 2 Day
Farringdon, Central London
Next available London course dates
- 27 Jan - 28 Jan
- 08 Apr - 09 Apr
- 01 Jun - 02 Jun
- 27 Jul - 28 Jul
- 01 Oct - 02 Oct
Acrobat XI Masterclass 2 Day Overview
This 2-day Masterclass course helps you gain an all-round view of Acrobat, including best practices for creating, combining, optimising, securing, and sharing PDF documents.Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Access information in a PDF document
- Create PDFs from Microsoft Office programs and from web pages
- Combine and modify PDFs
- Add PDF navigation aids
- Work with multiple PDFs
- Review PDFs
- Generate PDF forms that include logic and input validation
- Collect and analyse form data
- Optimise PDFs with measures including image compression
- Protect PDFs with passwords and other security measures
Our goals are for you to gain a comprehensive understanding of how Acrobat is used to create, modify, protect, and optimise PDFs, and how you can collaborate with and gather data from your users.
Course Target Audience and delegate prerequisites
This course is intended for professionals from any field who plan to use Acrobat to create, edit, or distribute PDFs.
You will need basic PC or Mac skills, including a solid understanding of a computer's operating system (Windows or Mac OS). You will also need to know how to launch a program, create and save files, and copy files from CDs and other media. Finally, you will need basic experience in using common office applications such as spreadsheets, word processors, and web browsers.
Acrobat XI Masterclass 2 Day Course OutlineOverview of Acrobat Family
- Understanding the product line-up
- Generate PDFs from Microsoft Office
- The PDF Maker
- Embedding bookmarks, TOC, links
- Powerpoint to PDF presentations
- HTML pages to PDF
- Create low and high quality PDFs
- Impact of resolution and font embedding
- PDF versioning
- Conversion options
- Selection mode
- Output control
- Embedded media settings
- Flash control
- Combine PDFs into single file
- Combine PDFs into PDF Portfolio
- Advantages of single files
- Advantages of PDF Portfolio
- PDF Portfolio deep dive
- Appending different media
- Customising Portfolio
- Home, index and list modes
- Upload to Acrobat.com
- Explore the organiser
- Favourite places
- Exploring metadata
- Network places
- New customised toolbars
- Reset workspace
- Navigating views and pages
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Use the touch-up text tool
- Change properties
- Repurpose Export data
- Save out images
- Document wide extraction
- Conversion options
- Different types of Acrobat security
- Security Policies
- Applying security and testing
- Password and permissions restrictions
- Removing security
- Acrobat security implications
- Check for file content
- Reduce image size and compression
- Edit font embedding and remove metadata
- Flatten forms fields, remove comments
- Hosted Adobe service
- Connect as repository
- Product overview
- Creating a user account
- Remote presentations
- Gaining control of users desktop
- Chat and communication pods
- Adobe Buzzword
- File Manager and uploading
- Generating a simple PDF (Acro) Form
- Discussing Adobe Livecycle Designer
- Examples of Form field recognition
- Understanding form field types
- Recycle fields across documents
- Repeating fields and form logic
- Naming fields and workflow considerations
- Form logic and validation
- Using simplified field notation
- Mandatory form entry and options
- Sending a forms workflow message
- Configure the reset, print and submit buttons
- Personal or workgroup form distribution
- Submitting and saving data with Adobe Reader
- Using the forms tracker
- Adobe Reader Extensions
- Collecting data and analysis
- Filtering and sorting results
- Response file and PDF Portfolio
- Merging older responses into current
- Exporting to CSV and XML
The following are provided for your best experience on this course:
- All computers for your use with choice of Windows or Mac systems
- Small class size (limited to a maximum of 4-8 attendees on all sessions)
- Quality reference manual for post course reference to take away with you
- 6 months post course support to assist you where needed
- Official Adobe Authorised Certificate for your successful completion of the course
- Lunch To give you the most flexible options for lunch we provide lunch vouchers which can be redeemed locally at a number of popular eateries including Pret A Manger, EAT, Starbucks, Tesco, Sainsburys, Boots and Greggs
- Refreshments to keep you on top form are available for you throughout the course with a full range of teas, coffees and biscuits
- Pads and pens
Daily course times run between 10am and 5pm with an hour break for lunch and both mid morning and mid-afternoon refreshment breaks. We recommend arrival at 9.45am for registration on the first day of the course.
Further details on benefits included with this Adobe Acrobat XI course:
Included with our Acrobat courses is the Acrobat Classroom in a Book provided for free to use as a post course reference resource. This is a full 300+ page manual to supplement the content covered during the course.
Included with your course booking for all delegates on this course is 6 months free support so if you run into problems or need assistance relating to anything covered during your course we would be happy to assist you during this time.
After your Adobe class with XChange Training you will receive our official Adobe Authorised Training Certificate as a record of your successful completion of the Adobe Certified Acrobat course.
Delegates attending scheduled or bespoke courses at our training centres will receive lunch and plentiful refreshments including tea, coffee and hot chocolate for each day of the course.
This course is provided at the XChange Training main London training centre based at:5 St John’s Lane
Click to View Full details of our London Training Venue and Course options
St John’s Lane is located in the heart of Clerkenwell close to the junction of Farringdon and Clerkenwell Road. Farringdon tube & train station is just a few minutes away and the training centre can also be accessed from Chancery Lane and Barbican tubes in about 10 minutes. There is also easy direct access by bus from Waterloo (243) and West End (55) with nearby stops.
Daily course times run between 10am and 5pm with an hour break for lunch and both mid morning and mid-afternoon refreshment breaks.
Scheduled Course Enquiry
If you are considering this Acrobat XI Masterclass 2 Day Course but would like further information simply send us your query quickly & easily with the form below. Whether you would like to check date availability, pricing, course suitability or just need further information about a course send us your query and we will get you a swift reply, usually within 2 business hours!
Bespoke Adobe Acrobat Training
Our bespoke course options for Adobe Acrobat training are shown below:
Bespoke Adobe Acrobat XI Training Courses
Bespoke Adobe Acrobat 9 Training Courses
A very enjoyable experience.
Gary Gilbert, Marshall Cavendish, Acrobat - 1 Day Introduction
An excellent course with very knowledgeable and helpful instructor allowing us to ask questions and work at our own pace.
Jill Lessani, Hawkins, Acrobat - 1 Day Introduction
Really really useful course. Very knowledgeable trainer who made the session relevant. Can't wait to start using my new skills!
Claire Dossie, NHS, Acrobat - 1 Day Introduction
A very enjoyable, informative course in a relaxed friendly environment
Clare Beanland, Unilever, Acrobat - 1 Day Introduction
Really enjoyed the course and picked up many useful tips for creating accessible PDFs. The trainer ensured that we understood everything and paced the course well.
Jackie Shirley, Dept for Business Innovation and Skills, Acrobat - 1 Day Introduction
Very good relaxed but productive day.
Suzy Link, Montagu Evans LLP, Acrobat - 1 Day Essentials
Really enjoyed the day, training was fun as well as educational. Staff were really friendly and food and rereshments were great.
Jez Williams, Total UK, Acrobat for Creating Rich Media PDFs - 1 Day Introduction
Overall a very well presented course and I hope to be back for other courses.
Shazad Khan, The Stationary Office, Acrobat - 1 Day Introduction
Really helpful session. Will definitely be implementing as soon as I get back to my desk!
Claire Dossi, NHS, Acrobat - 2 Day Masterclass
Great trainer, great content and great practical exercises.
Amanda Cook, VMWare, Adobe Video Masterclass - 5 Day Introduction