We are an Adobe Authorised Training Centre and our trainers are Adobe Certified Instructors with years of experience teaching After Effects. Get the video skills you need with our experienced After Effects professionals.
Adobe After Effects CC Introduction Masterclass 4 Days - Cardiff
Go from being a novice to mastering the advanced tasks in the leading special-effects program. Join us as we show you how to take charge and become an After Effects power user. Create advanced animations, work with 3D, and much more as you learn how to add sparkle to your visuals.
We will guide you on everything from getting started by creating simple animations all the way up to writing advanced expressions and controlling 3D lighting. With our help, you will become confident in using the program's advanced features to apply special effects and produce motion graphics that truly stand out.
|Price:||£895.00 ex VAT|
|Version:||Adobe After Effects CC|
|Level:||Introduction to Advanced|
|Duration:||4 Days (10am-5pm)|
|Computer:||Windows & Mac|
09 Apr - 12 Apr
After Effects Masterclass 4 Days Overview
This 4-day Masterclass course helps you learn about the tools and features available for power users of Adobe After Effects CC. We will show you how this industry-leading program takes visual effects and motion graphics to a new level. You will use the program's powerful tools to add a slick, professional look to all your movie projects. Together, we will study the After Effects environment and give you the abilities you need to become a special-effects expert. Our tips are sure to enhance the quality and creativity of your visual output.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Navigate the After Effects environment
- Understand keyframe manipulation and interpolation
- Work with layers, masks, and mattes
- Apply special effects
- Add titles and text
- Use colour effectively
- Write expressions and use expression controllers
- Create advanced animations
- Move cameras and lighting in 3D
- Track motion
- Warp and re-map time
- Export your files
Our goals are for you to be able to apply a wide range of visual effects, to understand both basic and advanced features of After Effects, and to become a confident power user.
Course Target Audience and delegate prerequisites
This course is intended for anyone new to the field of video and motion graphics who wants to learn about applying special effects.
You will need basic PC or Mac skills, including a solid understanding of a computer's operating system (Windows or Mac OS). You will also need to know how to launch a program, create and save files, and copy files from CDs and other media.
After Effects CC Masterclass 4 Days Course OutlineUser Interface and Animation
- What is a project file and what is in it?
- Tools and Panels: how to navigate around the application
- Workspaces: selecting, saving, setting
- Transform properties of layers
- Keyframing: making element move
- Importing Photoshop and Illustrator files
- In depth Keyframe manipulation and interpolation
- Graph Editor
- Motion Sketch/Smoother
- Blur, Roving
- Anchor Point/Pan Behind Tool
- Panning a large graphic: technique
- Hold Keyframes
- Trim-move-stack-split (keyboard shortcuts)
- Quality, SlipTool
- Sequence Layers
- Solo Switches
- Looping Footage
- Image Sequences
- Frame Rate vs. Time Stretch
- Blending Modes
- Effects and Solids with Blending Modes
- Effects and Presets Panel: animation presets
- Adjustment layers
- Shape, feather, expansion
- Masking with the Pen Tool
- Bezier curves
- Mask Shape Interpolation
- Mask modes
- Mattes and Stencils
- Mask shapes
- Simple Rules of Titling
- Basic Text
- Text Animators/Range Selectors
- Applying and Saving Text Animation presets
- Per character animators
- Editing Precomps
- Locking panels, Render Order
- How After Effects put it all together
- Render Queue
- Export As
- Same Frame As
- Prerender Keyframes
- Different types of Keyframe
- Keyframe shortcuts
- Keyframe graph editor
- All About Alphas
- Working with Photoshop
- Dots, Pixels and Inches
- Working with Illustrator
- Plugging in Type
- Particle Playground
- Production Bundle Effects Round-Up
- Compound Effects
- Additional Assistants
- Motion Fun
- Express Yourself
- Animation and behaviour presets
- Using Keylight
- Time Remapping
- Time Games
- On Stable Ground
- Motion Tracking
- Time warp
- Writing a simple expression
- Linking expressions to motion track
- 3D Layers
- Integration 101
- Integration with Nonlinear Editing Systems
- Video Issues
- Playing the Field
- 3:2 Pulldown
- Luminance and IRE Issues
- Working with D1/DV NTSC
- Working with Widescreen
- Pre-rendering and Proxies
- Advanced Rendering-Render Farm Concept
- What’s Your Preference?
- The Secret Preferences
The following are provided for your best experience on this course:
- All computers for your use with choice of Windows or Mac systems
- Small class size (limited to a maximum of 4-8 attendees on all sessions)
- Quality reference manual for post course reference to take away with you
- 6 months post course support to assist you where needed
- Official Adobe Authorised Certificate for your successful completion of the course
- Lunch To give you the most flexible options for lunch we provide lunch vouchers which can be redeemed locally at a number of popular eateries including Pret A Manger, EAT, Starbucks, Tesco, Sainsburys, Boots and Greggs
- Refreshments to keep you on top form are available for you throughout the course with a full range of teas, coffees and biscuits
- Pads and pens
Daily course times run between 10am and 5pm with an hour break for lunch and both mid morning and mid-afternoon refreshment breaks. We recommend arrival at 9.45am for registration on the first day of the course.
Further details on benefits included with this Adobe After Effects CC course:
Included with our After Effects courses is the After Effects Classroom in a Book provided for free to use as a post course reference resource. This is a full 300+ page manual to supplement the content covered.
Included with your course booking for all delegates on this course is 6 months free support so if you run into problems or need assistance relating to anything covered during your course we would be happy to assist you during this time.
After your Adobe class with XChange Training you will receive our official Adobe Authorised Training Certificate as a record of your successful completion of the Adobe Certified After Effects course.
Delegates attending scheduled or bespoke courses at our training centres will receive lunch and plentiful refreshments including tea, coffee and hot chocolate for each day of the course.
This course is provided at the Cardiff training centre located at:Brunel House
2 Fitzalan Road
The Cardiff training centre is located in Brunel House which is only 3 minutes on foot from Cardiff Queen Street train station. Trains to/from Cardiff Central station run every 10 minutes. Directly opposite the building is a convenient NCP car park.
Daily course times run between 10am and 5pm with an hour break for lunch and both mid morning and mid-afternoon refreshment breaks.
Scheduled Course Enquiry
If you are considering this After Effects CC Masterclass 4 Days Course but would like further information simply send us your query quickly & easily with the form below. Whether you would like to check date availability, pricing, course suitability or just need further information about a course send us your query and we will get you a swift reply, usually within 2 business hours!
Bespoke Adobe After Effects Training
Our bespoke course options for Adobe After Effects training are shown below:
Bespoke Adobe After Effects CC Training Courses
Bespoke Adobe After Effects CS6 Training Courses
Good instructor, fun and informative.
Nolan Ward, Carbon Creative, After Effects - 2 Day Introduction
The course was fantastic. I have learnt so much in just 2 days, so I would recommend the course to anyone.
Arron Voice, Long Road, After Effects - 2 Day Introduction
Great amount of content covered without being too overwhelming. Support from the instructor was excellent.
Helen Robertson, Brothers & Sisters, After Effects - 2 Day Introduction
Very detailed and informative. The overall experience was very good and I would definitely attend another class.
Shane Pennington-Cooper, Shop Direct, After Effects - 2 Day Introduction
Engaging and informative in a nice environment. Will come again!
Simon Crossley, Great Places Housing Group, After Effects - 2 Day Introduction
Excellent course, the instructor provided detailed exercises to complete tasks, making them memorable. I would recommend to the our wider organisation.
Trish Palmer, IKM Visual Solutions, Adobe After Effects - Two Day Introduction
Really great course content taught in a friendly informal environment. The instructor was patient and knowledgeable so I'm really happy with the course.
Callum Aldcroft, Asda, After Effects - 2 Day Introduction
Good course with a very knowledgeable instructor. I have a come away with a solid knowlege of After Effects.
Darren Mael, Billington Cartmell, After Effects - 2 Day Introduction
A very good syllabus that covered the basics needed for After Effects with links to other Creative Cloud packages.
Lori Smith, IKM Consulting, After Effects - Two Day Introdcution
Great course - in depth knowledge of the software. The instructor had a great attitude and it was a friendly environment to learn in. Great experience overall, thank you.
Pablo Segovia, After Effects - 5 Day Masterclass