We are an Adobe Authorised Training Centre and our trainers are Adobe Certified Instructors with years of experience teaching Design tools. Get the Design skills you need with our experienced CC Design professionals.
Adobe Creative Cloud Design Introduction Masterclass 5 Days - Newcastle
Take a huge step to getting your work noticed on the web or in print. Join us as we show you how to take command of the key design tools in the Creative Cloud. Learn how to make your work stand out as you dive in and learn the programs at the cutting edge of the design industry.
Our masterclass will help you get to grips with the Creative Cloud tools used by design professionals across the world. From creating and retouching images all the way up to designing magazine-style pages for the web and for print, this course is ideal if you wish to learn how professionals use Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator to create, manipulate, and publish modern designs.
Creative Cloud Design Masterclass 5 Days Overview
This 5-day Masterclass course consists of a comprehensive introduction to some key Creative Cloud design programs. Here is some of what you will use these Creative Cloud programs to do:
- Adobe Photoshop CC: paint, retouch, and enhance images, and work with layers and layer selections
- Adobe InDesign CC: create and deliver eye-catching documents for the web and for print
- Adobe Illustrator CC: design illustrations, logos, and advertisements, using type and graphics for the web and for print
- Adobe Bridge: view and manage all creative assets
The course pays special attention to keyboard shortcuts, automating workflows, and special-effects techniques, all of which will help you produce professional results in less time.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Create a logo using simple shapes, custom paths, and with special effects
- Create an advertisement and import body type
- Design documents and save them as Acrobat PDF files
- Paint, retouch, and enhance images
- Work with layers and selections
- Use colours, swatches, and gradients
- Manage transparency and use tables
- Prepare for hand-off to a service provider
- Manage the Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign environments
- Manage your creative assets in Adobe Bridge
Our goal is to give you a comprehensive understanding of each of the Creative Cloud programs covered, and the way in which they interact with each other.
Course Target Audience and delegate prerequisites
This course is intended for designers, pre-press professionals, architects, production managers, marketing staff, small business owners, web designers, and anyone else who wishes to master the Creative Cloud.
You will need basic PC or Mac skills, including a solid understanding of a computer's operating system (Windows or Mac OS). You will also need to know how to launch a program, create and save files, and copy files from CDs and other media.
CC Design Masterclass 5 Days Course OutlineExploring Photoshop
- Explore the Adobe Photoshop Environment
- Customize the Adobe Photoshop Workspace with Presets
- Customize Menus
- Explore Adobe Bridge
- Work with Adobe Photoshop File Properties
- Paint an Object
- Retouch an Image
- Create a Gradient
- Create a Pattern
- Create a Vector Object
- Apply Metadata and Keywords
- Output to Print
- Adjust the Tonal Range of an Image
- Use the Exposure Dialog Box
- Work with Filters
- Create and Use Layers
- Create and Use Smart Objects
- Create Layer Styles
- Work with Multiple Layers
- Create and Modify Selection
- Introduction to Adobe InDesign
- Customize Your Workspace
- Set General Preferences
- Manage Document Presets
- Create a New Document
- Alter a Document's Layout
- Create the Structure of a Document
- Develop Master Pages
- Manage Text and Graphic Placement
- Develop Layers
- Add Text
- Edit Text
- Spell Check Text
- Thread Text
- Change Text Threads
- Format Characters
- Format Paragraphs
- Manage Styles
- Utilize Colour
- Utilize Swatches
- Apply Fills, Gradients, and Strokes
- Apply Transparency
- Apply Transparency Flattener Presets
- Utilizing Tables
- Create a Table
- Modify a Table
- Format a Table
- Check Documents for Problems
- Print a Document
- Package Files
- Preview Output
- Prepare PDF Files for Web Distribution
- Manage PDF Presets
- Export PDF Files for Printing
- Choose New Document Settings
- Create a Custom Workspace
- Draw Basic Shapes with the Shape Tools
- Draw Paths with the Pencil Tool
- Format Objects
- Manipulate Objects
- Insert Type
- Draw Paths with the Pen Tool
- Modify Existing Shapes to Create New Shapes
- Duplicate Objects
- Apply Graphic Styles
- Apply Gradients to Type
- Create Type on a Path
- Apply an Envelope to Type
- Import a Graphic
- Align Objects
- Apply Spot Colours
- Wrap Text
- Export a File
- Import Body Type
- Format Type with Styles
- Fix Spelling Errors
- Find and Replace Text
- Insert Typographic Characters
- Explore the Adobe Bridge Environment
- Apply Metadata and Keywords to Assets in Adobe Bridge
The following are provided for your best experience on this course:
- All computers for your use with choice of Windows or Mac systems
- Small class size (limited to a maximum of 4-8 attendees on all sessions)
- Quality reference manual for post course reference to take away with you
- 6 months post course support to assist you where needed
- Official Adobe Authorised Certificate for your successful completion of the course
- Lunch To give you the most flexible options for lunch we provide lunch vouchers which can be redeemed locally at a number of popular eateries including Pret A Manger, EAT, Starbucks, Tesco, Sainsburys, Boots and Greggs
- Refreshments to keep you on top form are available for you throughout the course with a full range of teas, coffees and biscuits
- Pads and pens
Daily course times run between 10am and 5pm with an hour break for lunch and both mid morning and mid-afternoon refreshment breaks. We recommend arrival at 9.45am for registration on the first day of the course.
Further details on benefits included with this Adobe CC Design Combo course:
Included with our CC Design courses are the Brilliant Design books provided for free to use as a post course reference resource. They are full 300+ page manuals to supplement the content covered during the course.
Included with your course booking for all delegates on this course is 6 months free support so if you run into problems or need assistance relating to anything covered during your course we would be happy to assist you during this time.
After your Adobe class with XChange Training you will receive our official Adobe Authorised Training Certificate as a record of your successful completion of the Adobe Certified CC course.
Delegates attending scheduled or bespoke courses at our training centres will receive lunch and plentiful refreshments including tea, coffee and hot chocolate for each day of the course.
This course is provided at the XChange Training Newcastle training centre located at:The Beacon
Newcastle upon Tyne
The training centre is situated on Westgate Road near Central Newcastle within easy reach by bus of Newcastle Central Station for both local Metro and overland trains. If you are driving there is free parking available at the training centre.
Daily course times run between 10am and 5pm with an hour break for lunch and both mid morning and mid-afternoon refreshment breaks.
Scheduled Course Enquiry
If you are considering this CC Design Masterclass 5 Days Course but would like further information simply send us your query quickly & easily with the form below. Whether you would like to check date availability, pricing, course suitability or just need further information about a course send us your query and we will get you a swift reply, usually within 2 business hours!
Bespoke Adobe Design Combo Training
Our bespoke course options for Adobe Design Combo training are shown below:
Bespoke Adobe CC Design Combo Training Courses
Thoroughly enjoyed each day and got plenty to put into practice.
Tracy Gibson, Wates Construction Limited, Design Combo - 5 Day Masterclass
Enjoyed all 5 days and learned a great deal!
Dave Winkett, halfords, Design Combo - 5 Day Masterclass
I felt the training that was delievered was very tailored to the group of attendees. I feel this is something that could be used every day going forward.
Lynsey Brogan, Howden, Design Combo - 5 Day Masterclass
Very enjoyable and I got a lot out of the day. Thank you very much.
Hywel Walters, Morgan Sindall, SketchUp - 1 Day Introduction
The private course was very helpful and really tailored to our requirements.
Sue Reeve, John Lewis, QuarkXPress - 2 Day Introduction
The instructor was absolutely brilliant, he was enthusiastic and no question was ever too much to answer. The environment was lovely and learning was enjoyable.
Laura Kay, Lakelovers, InDesign Introduction - 2 Days
I really enjoyed the class and learnt so much in the two days. The tutor was excellent and made the training much more fun, I would definitely consider doing more training in the future.
Katie Reeves, STI Group, Maxon Cinema 4D - 2 Day Introduction
The course was on a one to one basis which was brilliant because it allowed me to follow my own path through it. The tutor was extremely helpful and had an excellent knowledge of the topic. Based on my experience today I would certainly consider using XChange Training again.
Nick Mills, Landmark Information, Captivate - Bespoke 1 Day
Really enjoyed the course. Presented a comprehensive overview of Articulate and helped us out with any queries we had.
Chris Bateman, Glasgow Caledonian Uni, Articulate Storyline - 2 Day Introduction
The course was very well planned and easy to understand and follow. I feel I have a good knowledge on how to to use HTML and CSS in my role.
Melissa Epsley, ITC, HTML & CSS - 2 Day Introduction