We are an Adobe Authorised Training Centre and our trainers are Adobe Certified Instructors with years of experience teaching Dreamweaver. Get the web design skills you need with our Dreamweaver professionals.
Adobe Dreamweaver CC for Creating HTML Emails Introduction 2 Days - Birmingham
Supercharge your emails as you learn the tips and techniques for producing eye-catching HTML mailshots that will deliver a consistent, appealing result across the board. Join us in composing and testing the email content that will get your message noticed.
After we show you how and why normal web-design practices do not always apply to HTML email, you will learn the rules for composing messages that look great when viewed on a wide variety of email software and devices. You will understand the common issues to be overcome when composing content for email, and we will show you how to safeguard your messages from being blacklisted or marked as spam.
|Price:||£450.00 ex VAT|
|Version:||Adobe Dreamweaver CC|
|Duration:||2 Days (10am-5pm)|
|Computer:||Windows & Mac|
22 Apr - 23 Apr
Dreamweaver CC for HTML Emails
Groundworks, Central Birmingham
Next available Birmingham course dates
- 22 Apr - 23 Apr
- 17 Jun - 18 Jun
- 24 Aug - 25 Aug
Dreamweaver for HTML Emails 2 Days Overview
This 2-day Introduction course helps you learn how Adobe Dreamweaver CC can be used to design and create HTML mailshots. We will provide you with the hands-on skills you need to make Dreamweaver part of your email-marketing campaigns.
We all know that a well-crafted and visually appealing email can make a big difference to whether people respond to your message. Our course focuses on the challenges that we need to overcome in order to produce a consistent result that will look good across a wide variety of email clients and devices.
Even web designers with a good understanding of Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) can trip up when creating HTML emails, because what works on the web often does not work in email. Join us for the inside knowledge you need to get your email communications to look and act right every time.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand how CSS differs on the web and in email
- Apply inline CSS to your emails
- Standardise your email output across a variety of clients and devices
- Optimise and format images for email
- Write effective and compelling subject and body text
- Test and resolve common bugs and issues
- Avoid being blacklisted or being classed as a spammer
Our goal is for you to be able to create engaging and attractive HTML email that will appeal to your audience.
Course Target Audience and delegate prerequisites
This course is intended for those who are new to creating HTML emails in Dreamweaver and who want to develop skills to create attractive, effective email-marketing campaigns.
You will need basic PC or Mac skills, including a solid understanding of a computer's operating system (Windows or Mac OS). You will also need to know how to launch a program, create and save files, and copy files from CDs and other media.
Dreamweaver CC for HTML Emails Course OutlineHow Do HTML Emails Work?
- The ‘bigger picture’ with webmail, email and mobile clients
- Examples of responsive HTML emails and e-shots
- Building a user friendly HTML email
- Distribution of HTML emails
- Planning how all 3 email client types will be viewed as a storyboard for all media breakpoints
- What size should they be?
- Do I need a range of sizes?
- Should my emails be fluid?
- Introducing Dreamweaver
- Learning the interface
- Dreamweaver workflow
- Understanding HTML code
- Viewing examples of HTML code
- Specific HTML email requirements
- Basic HTML exercises
- Understanding CSS code
- Viewing examples of CSS code
- Mobile specific CSS
- Media queries
- Basic CSS exercises
- The research process - understanding your readers
- The design process – effective responsive layout
- HTML email best practices
- Email marketing tips
- Create a new basic HTML page
- Add and format text content
- Insert graphics and images
- Test and preview the page
- Designing a page layout with tables
- Creating table structures
- Modifying and nesting tables
- Inline styling
- Formatting text, images and data in tables
- Understanding links
- Creating links
- Creating email links
- What is a media query?
- What does it do and how does it behave?
- Do I need media queries?
- How can I implement them to render correctly?
- Are there any generic fixes for older mail clients?
- What happens if I need to make a specific width?
- How do I code a table for collapse?
- How to write CSS to control page layout
- Testing your HTML email on desktop and mobile screens
- Uploading your HTML and images
- Options - service providers
- Creating a mailing list
- Managing subscribers
- Scheduling and when to send
- Anti-spam techniques
The following are provided for your best experience on this course:
- All computers for your use with choice of Windows or Mac systems
- Small class size (limited to a maximum of 4-8 attendees on all sessions)
- Quality reference manual for post course reference to take away with you
- 6 months post course support to assist you where needed
- Official Adobe Authorised Certificate for your successful completion of the course
- Lunch To give you the most flexible options for lunch we provide lunch vouchers which can be redeemed locally at a number of popular eateries including Pret A Manger, EAT, Starbucks, Tesco, Sainsburys, Boots and Greggs
- Refreshments to keep you on top form are available for you throughout the course with a full range of teas, coffees and biscuits
- Pads and pens
Daily course times run between 10am and 5pm with an hour break for lunch and both mid morning and mid-afternoon refreshment breaks. We recommend arrival at 9.45am for registration on the first day of the course.
Further details on benefits included with this Adobe Dreamweaver CC course:
Included with our Dreamweaver courses is the Dreamweaver Visual Quickstart Guide book provided for free to use as a post course reference resource. This is a full 300+ page manual to supplement the content covered during the course.
Included with your course booking for all delegates on this course is 6 months free support so if you run into problems or need assistance relating to anything covered during your course we would be happy to assist you during this time.
After your Adobe class with XChange Training you will receive our official Adobe Authorised Training Certificate as a record of your successful completion of the Adobe Certified Dreamweaver course.
Delegates attending scheduled or bespoke courses at our training centres will receive lunch and plentiful refreshments including tea, coffee and hot chocolate for each day of the course.
This course is provided at the Birmingham training centre located at:Groundworks Building
5 Scotland Street
The training centre is conveniently located a short walk from Central Birmingham and Birmingham New Street Station and is located near the Barclaycard Arena with excellent links to public transport.
Daily course times run between 10am and 5pm with an hour break for lunch and both mid morning and mid-afternoon refreshment breaks.
Scheduled Course Enquiry
If you are considering this Dreamweaver CC for HTML Emails Course but would like further information simply send us your query quickly & easily with the form below. Whether you would like to check date availability, pricing, course suitability or just need further information about a course send us your query and we will get you a swift reply, usually within 2 business hours!
Bespoke Adobe Dreamweaver Training
Our bespoke course options for Adobe Dreamweaver training are shown below:
Bespoke Adobe Dreamweaver CC Training Courses
Bespoke Adobe Dreamweaver CS6 Training Courses
The course was excellent and the pace was kept to the right speed.
Kate Durrant, IAPA, Dreamweaver - One Day Introduction
Thank you for an excellent day's Dreamweaver training.
Hugh Datson, DustScan Ltd, Dreamweaver - 1 Day Introduction
Brilliant training day, this will make my life so much easier - great pace and content. Thank you!
Karen Rust, Netsuite, Dreamweaver CS6 for HTML Emails Introduction
The trainer was very friendly and knowledgeable about the course subject, I feel that my knowledge of creating HTML Emails using Dreamweaver is a lot more proficient now.
Jade Kingston, RRG Group, Dreamweaver for HTML Emails Introduction
The trainer was excellent and I have learned a lot. I would recommend XChange Training to anyone who needs to learn new skills in practical and useful way.
Zeljko Kovacevic, St. Edmunds College, Dreamweaver - 1 Day Introduction
The course was perfect for what we were looking for - the right level of detail without too much jargon!
Sophie Blaken, E.ON, Dreamweaver for HTML Emails Introduction
I was 100% happy with this course - facilities were great, the pace very good, the trainer excellent. Thank you very much for a very enjoyable and informative day.
Louise Young, Map of Medicine, Dreamweaver - 1 Day Introduction
The trainer was good and worked at a pace which can be followed easily. The trainer also provided additional information which will allow me to make an informed choice when developing websites.
Sital Kerai, Park High School, Dreamweaver - 2 Day Introduction
Thorough training and everything was explained really clearly. I feel like I can go away and build a HTML Email from scratch confidently.
Sophie Sedgley, Vax, Dreamweaver for HTML Emails Introduction
Very helpful and patient instructor. Good speed. I probably could have done with another days training!
Christabel Stokes, Current Science Group, Dreamweaver - 1 Day Introduction