We are an Adobe Authorised Training Centre and our trainers are Adobe Certified Instructors with years of experience teaching Dreamweaver. Get the web design skills you need with our Dreamweaver professionals.
Adobe Dreamweaver CC Web Development Introduction 2 Days - London
Learn the fundamentals of Dreamweaver as we guide you through this comprehensive introduction to the leading web-design program. We will show you how to style text and graphics to produce accessible output. This is a great launch point for anyone interested in managing content on the web.
After we give you a complete tour of the Dreamweaver environment, we will show you how to create functional websites with navigations menus, lists, forms, and more. You will grasp the best practices of web design and harness the powerful tools on offer to build, maintain, and style your own sites. Our course will give you the know-how you need to get going in the exciting field of web design and publishing.
|Price:||£450.00 ex VAT|
|Version:||Adobe Dreamweaver CC|
|Level:||Introduction to Intermediate|
|Duration:||2 Days (10am-5pm)|
|Computer:||Windows & Mac|
12 Apr - 13 Apr
Dreamweaver CC Introduction 2 Days
Farringdon, Central London
Next available London course dates
- 12 Apr - 13 Apr
- 28 Jun - 29 Jun
- 06 Sep - 07 Sep
Dreamweaver Web Introduction 2 Days Overview
This 2-day Introduction course helps you learn about the tools and features available in Adobe Dreamweaver CC. We will help you understand how this industry-leading program takes website design and management to a new level. You will learn how to create a site, add video and graphics, style your content, and maintain and synchronise your files.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Navigate the Dreamweaver environment
- Create a basic website
- Control the structure of a document
- Add video and graphics to a document
- Insert lists and special characters
- Write and apply CSS rules
- Edit graphics through integration with Photoshop
- Build site navigation
- Import tabular data
- Collect and validate data using online forms
- Maintain and synchronise existing sites
- Use libraries and templates
Our goal is for you to understand and apply the principles of web design to create and manage attractive, accessible websites.
Course Target Audience and delegate prerequisites
This course is intended for those who are new to web design and development and who want to develop skills to build intuitive, attractive and accessible websites.
You will need basic PC or Mac skills, including a solid understanding of a computer's operating system (Windows or Mac OS). You will also need to know how to launch a program, create and save files, and copy files from CDs and other media.
Dreamweaver CC Introduction 2 Days Course OutlineIntroducing the Course
- Understanding the course
- Reviewing the course objectives and prerequisites
- Reviewing the course format
- Outlining the course content
- Understanding static page architecture
- CSS Layouts
- CSS Management
- CSS Advisor
- Browser Compatibility
- Spry Data
- Spry Widgets
- Spry Effects
- Photoshop CC Integration
- Adobe Device Central
- Adobe Bridge CC
- Introducing Dreamweaver CC
- Learning the interface
- Defining a local site
- Creating a website
- Adding content
- Controlling document structure
- Making lists
- Adding horizontal rules
- Adding special characters
- Formatting text
- Introducing cascading style sheets
- Creating styles
- Exporting CSS rule definitions
- Creating class styles
- Attaching external style sheets
- Creating advanced styles
- Creating a new external style sheet
- Displaying styles
- Understanding cascading order and inheritance of styles
- Using graphics on web pages
- Placing graphics on the page
- Modifying image properties
- Editing images
- Doing roundtrip editing with Fireworks / Photoshop
- Customising the Insert bar
- Adding Flash content
- Adding Flash Video
- Understanding site navigation
- Linking to files in your site
- Linking to sites
- Linking to named anchors
- Adding e-mail links
- Linking from images
- Creating a jump menu
- Understanding page layout
- Using layers for layout
- Adding CSS to layers
- Using absolute and relative positioning
- Designing with DIVs
- Designing navigation links with CSS
- Importing tabular data
- Using table layout view
- Using site library items
- Creating site templates
- Defining editable regions
- Using templates
- Applying a template to an existing page
- Modifying templates
- Understanding forms
- Processing a form
- Setting focus in a form
- Validating a form
- Testing your site
- Maintaining your files and folders
- Connecting to a remote site
- Synchronising files
The following are provided for your best experience on this course:
- All computers for your use with choice of Windows or Mac systems
- Small class size (limited to a maximum of 4-8 attendees on all sessions)
- Quality reference manual for post course reference to take away with you
- 6 months post course support to assist you where needed
- Official Adobe Authorised Certificate for your successful completion of the course
- Lunch To give you the most flexible options for lunch we provide lunch vouchers which can be redeemed locally at a number of popular eateries including Pret A Manger, EAT, Starbucks, Tesco, Sainsburys, Boots and Greggs
- Refreshments to keep you on top form are available for you throughout the course with a full range of teas, coffees and biscuits
- Pads and pens
Daily course times run between 10am and 5pm with an hour break for lunch and both mid morning and mid-afternoon refreshment breaks. We recommend arrival at 9.45am for registration on the first day of the course.
Further details on benefits included with this Adobe Dreamweaver CC course:
Included with our Dreamweaver courses is the Dreamweaver Visual Quickstart Guide book provided for free to use as a post course reference resource. This is a full 300+ page manual to supplement the content covered during the course.
Included with your course booking for all delegates on this course is 6 months free support so if you run into problems or need assistance relating to anything covered during your course we would be happy to assist you during this time.
After your Adobe class with XChange Training you will receive our official Adobe Authorised Training Certificate as a record of your successful completion of the Adobe Certified Dreamweaver course.
Delegates attending scheduled or bespoke courses at our training centres will receive lunch and plentiful refreshments including tea, coffee and hot chocolate for each day of the course.
This course is provided at the XChange Training main London training centre based at:5 St John’s Lane
Click to View Full details of our London Training Venue and Course options
St John’s Lane is located in the heart of Clerkenwell close to the junction of Farringdon and Clerkenwell Road. Farringdon tube & train station is just a few minutes away and the training centre can also be accessed from Chancery Lane and Barbican tubes in about 10 minutes. There is also easy direct access by bus from Waterloo (243) and West End (55) with nearby stops.
Daily course times run between 10am and 5pm with an hour break for lunch and both mid morning and mid-afternoon refreshment breaks.
Scheduled Course Enquiry
If you are considering this Dreamweaver CC Introduction 2 Days Course but would like further information simply send us your query quickly & easily with the form below. Whether you would like to check date availability, pricing, course suitability or just need further information about a course send us your query and we will get you a swift reply, usually within 2 business hours!
Bespoke Adobe Dreamweaver Training
Our bespoke course options for Adobe Dreamweaver training are shown below:
Bespoke Adobe Dreamweaver CC Training Courses
Excellent venue, well organised course with highly experienced and knowledgeable staff
Chris Tynan, Alun School, Dreamweaver - 5 Day ACA Masterclass
Very informative in a relaxed atmosphere. Learned a lot in a short period of time.
Rebecca Allred, Travel Counsellors, Dreamweaver - 1 Day Introduction
Very well explained course that has left me confident in the ability to use the software. Thanks for a great day!
Jimmy Bickerton, Milk Design, Dreamweaver for HTML Emails Introduction
Informative, personalized and excellent tuition provided.
Miles Walker, Travel Counsellors, Dreamweaver - 1 Day Introduction
Brilliant training day, this will make my life so much easier - great pace and content. Thank you!
Karen Rust, Netsuite, Dreamweaver CS6 for HTML Emails Introduction
I was very pleased with the course from start to finish, the course was very informative and the instructor was especially helpful. I would recommend this course to anyone.
Steve Thomas, Robinsons Equestrian, Dreamweaver for Responsive Emails
I was 100% happy with this course - facilities were great, the pace very good, the trainer excellent. Thank you very much for a very enjoyable and informative day.
Louise Young, Map of Medicine, Dreamweaver - 1 Day Introduction
Thorough training and everything was explained really clearly. I feel like I can go away and build a HTML Email from scratch confidently.
Sophie Sedgley, Vax, Dreamweaver for HTML Emails Introduction
The course was excellent and the pace was kept to the right speed.
Kate Durrant, IAPA, Dreamweaver - One Day Introduction
Thank you for an excellent day's Dreamweaver training.
Hugh Datson, DustScan Ltd, Dreamweaver - 1 Day Introduction