We are an Adobe Authorised Training Centre and our trainers are Adobe Certified Instructors with years of experience teaching Illustrator. Get the Vector graphic skills you need with our experienced Illustrator professionals.
Adobe Illustrator CC Advanced 2 Day - Bristol
Join the professionals in getting the best out of the world's leading vector-graphics program. Our course will show you how to unlock the power of Illustrator's advanced tools and help you to become a more proficient and confident digital artist.
With our help, you will take your existing Illustrator know-how and enhance it as you learn how to master paths, points, and curves. You will learn advanced techniques for adding transparencies and special effects. This course is a great way to step up to expert level, helping you produce pin-sharp, scalable graphics for the web and for print.
Illustrator Advanced 2 Day Overview
This 2-day Advanced course will help to develop your skills as you explore the advanced features of Adobe Illustrator CC. We will help you understand how this industry-leading program takes graphical design to a new level. You will already understand the basics of the program, and we will show you how to take that knowledge to the next level. We will cover advanced topics such as enhanced control of Bézier curves, creating custom brushes, and automating workflows.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Enhance control of Bézier curves by creating compound paths
- Apply gradients and patterns
- Edit paths and anchor points
- Set attributes in the Appearance panel
- Measure objects and place them with precision
- Trace and colour your hand-drawn artwork with Live Trace, Live Paint, and Live Colour
- Define custom brushes and graphic styles
- Add transparencies, drop shadows, and other effects
- Prepare documents for composite and commercial printing
- Automate your workflow with other Creative Cloud programs
Our goals are for you to understand the advanced features of Illustrator and for you to become a confident power user.
Course Target Audience and delegate prerequisites
This course is intended for those who wish to enhance their existing knowledge of Illustrator and who work as graphic designers and textile/fashion designers. The course will also suit anyone else who has visual-design responsibilities.
You will need basic experience in using Illustrator. Ideally, you will have taken our Adobe Illustrator CC Introduction 2 Day course.
Illustrator CC Advanced 2 Day Course OutlineCreating Complex Illustrations
- Make use of Outline Strokes technique
- Explore Shape Modes and Pathfinder palette - create Compound Paths for trendy grunge effects
- Use Expand Appearance to modify individual elements
- Create your own Custom Brushes: Calligraphy Scatter or Art, to place objects along a path
- Keep your paths Simple & Cleaned Up
- Graphs - use your own artwork instead of a simple bar
- Envelope Distort & other forms of Warping objects
- Clipping Mask for advanced design
- Transparency for more polished look
- Create drop shadows, glows and more using the Stylise Live Effects
- Share the appearance attributes with Graphic Styles
- Explore Gradient Mesh & its ability to add realistic 3D shading and highlights to 2D graphics
- Learn the difference between Filters & Live Effects
- Blend shapes or groups for advanced compositions
- Character Palette - adjust the kerning, baseline shift, horizontal & vertical scaling
- Paragraph Palette - Justification and Hyphenation options
- Use the 3D feature to extrude text and other Illustrator objects
- Simulate multiple pages in Illustrator using the artboard and document setup
- Flattening Transparency for raster effects like drop shadows, glows and blurs
- Creating separations with Spot colour vs. Process colour
- Explore Links & Actions palettes
- Export to Flash (SWF)
- Use Symbols to create elements used repeatedly in animations and complex artworks
- Use the Release to Layers command to distribute all of the objects on a layer onto separate, individual layers for quick web animations
- Creating Smart objects, Dragging-and-dropping and exporting layers into Photoshop
The following are provided for your best experience on this course:
- All computers for your use with choice of Windows or Mac systems
- Small class size (limited to a maximum of 4-8 attendees on all sessions)
- Quality reference manual for post course reference to take away with you
- 6 months post course support to assist you where needed
- Official Adobe Authorised Certificate for your successful completion of the course
- Lunch To give you the most flexible options for lunch we provide lunch vouchers which can be redeemed locally at a number of popular eateries including Pret A Manger, EAT, Starbucks, Tesco, Sainsburys, Boots and Greggs
- Refreshments to keep you on top form are available for you throughout the course with a full range of teas, coffees and biscuits
- Pads and pens
Daily course times run between 10am and 5pm with an hour break for lunch and both mid morning and mid-afternoon refreshment breaks. We recommend arrival at 9.45am for registration on the first day of the course.
Further details on benefits included with this Adobe Illustrator CC course:
Included with our Illustrator courses is the Brilliant Illustrator book provided for free to use as a post course reference resource. This is a full 300+ page manual to supplement the content covered during the course.
Included with your course booking for all delegates on this course is 6 months free support so if you run into problems or need assistance relating to anything covered during your course we would be happy to assist you during this time.
After your Adobe class with XChange Training you will receive our official Adobe Authorised Training Certificate as a record of your successful completion of the Adobe Certified Illustrator course.
Delegates attending scheduled or bespoke courses at our training centres will receive lunch and plentiful refreshments including tea, coffee and hot chocolate for each day of the course.
This course is provided at the Bristol training centre located at:The Waterfront
The training centre is conveniently located in central Bristol in the popular Waterfront area of the city and is easily accessible from Bristol Temple Meads.
Daily course times run between 10am and 5pm with an hour break for lunch and both mid morning and mid-afternoon refreshment breaks.
Scheduled Course Enquiry
If you are considering this Illustrator CC Advanced 2 Day Course but would like further information simply send us your query quickly & easily with the form below. Whether you would like to check date availability, pricing, course suitability or just need further information about a course send us your query and we will get you a swift reply, usually within 2 business hours!
Bespoke Adobe Illustrator Training
Our bespoke course options for Adobe Illustrator training are shown below:
Bespoke Adobe Illustrator CC Training Courses
Bespoke Adobe Illustrator CS6 Training Courses
The trainer was very good indeed. We got a lot out of the experience and will book again for more training in the future.
Neil Cleverley, TTS Group, Illustrator - 2 Day Migration
The training was very useful and there were two of us in the class so we had a lot of 1-on-1 training which was great. Relaxed but a focused atmosphere.
Clare McCarthy, Charles Tyrwhitt, Illustrator - 2 Day Advanced
Knowledgable, small class made it easy to ask questions and get feedback within the time limit. Friendly people, plenty of tea, coffee etc, comfortable surroundings.
Claire Huntley, Ryman, Adobe Illustrator - 1 Day Introduction
An excellent course and a very informative couple of days, I feel much more confident in using Illustrator following this great course, thank you.
Keith Baker, Current Medicine Group, Illustrator - 2 Day Advanced
I found this course to be extremely helpful. I now feel like I have a lot more confidence using the software and have a much better knowledge.
Abi Griffin, 2 Day Illustrator Advanced
Hugely helpful and really appreciated the amount of tailoring and personalisation of the content of the course to what I would be doing in my role. Will definitely recommend.
Emily Radforth, Octopus Healthcare, Adobe Illustrator - One Day Introduction
A great session, covering some fantastic tools and knowledge about the product. The trainer was excellent, and was great at tailoring the course to my specific needs, and explained and demonstrated things in a well executed manner - thank you so much!
Lauren Orange, The Freeston Academy, Adobe Illustrator - 1 Day Introduction
Highly enjoyable session - having had no previous experience with Illustrator it proved very easy to pick things up under guidance. Thank you XChange!
William McPhail, Sothebys, Illustrator - 2 Day Introduction
The trainer was fantastic, we covered a lot of material but at a pace we could all keep up. He really tailored the course to our company's specific needs and was really helpful when we asked loads of questions!
Charlotte Mew, TPP, Bespoke InDesign and Illustrator Introduction
Very relaxed atmosphere & friendly atmosphere. Trainer very informative, knowledgable and willing to help with any questions or difficulties. Offices in a good central location. An enjoyable and informative course.
Kerry Duguid, Plant Integrity Mgmt., Illustrator - Two Day Introduction