We are an Adobe Authorised Training Centre and our trainers are Adobe Certified Instructors with years of experience teaching Photoshop. Get the Photo Editing skills you need with our experienced Photoshop professionals.
Adobe Photoshop CC Introduction 2 Days - Cardiff
Learn the fundamentals of Photoshop as we guide you through this comprehensive introduction to the number one image-manipulation program. We will show you how to adjust and enhance images. This is the perfect starting point for anyone interested in photographic visuals.
After we give you a complete tour of the Photoshop environment, we will show you how to adjust images, create compositions, fix common photo issues, apply colour fills and gradients, and adjust and style text and layers. With our guidance, your artwork will be ready for output to the web.
|Price:||£450.00 ex VAT|
|Version:||Adobe Photoshop CC|
|Level:||Introduction to Intermediate|
|Duration:||2 Days (10am-5pm)|
|Computer:||Windows & Mac|
20 May - 21 May
Photoshop CC Introduction 2 Days
Queen Street, Central Cardiff
Next available Cardiff course dates
- 20 May - 21 May
- 12 Jun - 13 Jun
- 15 Jul - 16 Jul
Photoshop Introduction 2 Days Overview
This 2-day Introduction course helps you learn about the tools and features available in Adobe Photoshop. We will help you understand how this industry-leading program takes image manipulation to a new level. You will use the program's tools for painting, retouching, and enhancing images by using selections and layers.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Navigate the Photoshop environment
- Select parts of an image in several ways
- Enhance images by using Adjustment Layers and Smart Sharpen
- Understand tools used for painting and retouching images
- Fill areas with colour and gradients
- Blend images to create simple compositions
- Create type and produce simple adverts
- Resize images for the web and for print
- Add, adjust and style both text and layers
- Output artwork for the web
- Prepare images for print
Our goal is for you to understand the basics of adjusting and enhancing images.
Course Target Audience and delegate prerequisites
This course is intended for digital artists and photographers as well as those who work for advertising agencies, design agencies, marketing agencies, production houses, and specialist corporate departments.
You will need basic PC or Mac skills, including a solid understanding of a computer's operating system (Windows or Mac OS). You will also need to know how to launch a program, create and save files, and copy files from CDs and other media.
Photoshop CC Introduction 2 Days Course OutlineManaging the Adobe Photoshop Environment
- Exploring the Interface
- Managing Panels
- Adjusting and Saving your Workspace
- Zooming in and out and moving around
- Using Undos with the History Panel
- Creating Selections using Marquee, Magic Wand, Quick Selection and Lasso tools
- Adding and Subtracting from a selection
- Transforming a Selection
- Modifying a Selection using Refine Edge
- Saving and Reloading a Selection
- Cropping an image
- Using Levels and Curves Adjustment Layers
- Using Hue/Saturation Adjustment Layer
- Using Colour Balance Adjustment Layer
- Sharpening using Smart Sharpen
- Basics of Painting
- Clone Stamp and Healing Brush tools
- Using the Filter Gallery
- Creating New Layers
- Transforming Layer Objects
- Applying Transparency and changing the Blend modes
- Adding Text
- Creating Layer Masks
- Adding Layer Styles
- Choosing colours
- Using the Eyedropper tool
- Filling an area with colour
- Creating gradients
- Using the Type tool
- Formatting Text
- Adding Layer styles to Text
- Rasterising text
- Sizing images for web pages
- Sizing images for print
- Resizing images
- Changing the Canvas Size
- Understanding different file types
- Saving for Web
- Understanding the Print options
- Working non-destructively with Layer Masks
- Creating Layer Masks
- Editing Layer Masks
- Creating Fading Effects with Layer Masks
The following are provided for your best experience on this course:
- All computers for your use with choice of Windows or Mac systems
- Small class size (limited to a maximum of 4-8 attendees on all sessions)
- Quality reference manual for post course reference to take away with you
- 6 months post course support to assist you where needed
- Official Adobe Authorised Certificate for your successful completion of the course
- Lunch To give you the most flexible options for lunch we provide lunch vouchers which can be redeemed locally at a number of popular eateries including Pret A Manger, EAT, Starbucks, Tesco, Sainsburys, Boots and Greggs
- Refreshments to keep you on top form are available for you throughout the course with a full range of teas, coffees and biscuits
- Pads and pens
Daily course times run between 10am and 5pm with an hour break for lunch and both mid morning and mid-afternoon refreshment breaks. We recommend arrival at 9.45am for registration on the first day of the course.
Further details on benefits included with this Adobe Photoshop CC course:
Included with our Photoshop courses is the Brilliant Photoshop book provided for free to use as a post course reference resource. This is a full 300+ page manual to supplement the content covered during the course.
Included with your course booking for all delegates on this course is 6 months free support so if you run into problems or need assistance relating to anything covered during your course we would be happy to assist you during this time.
After your Adobe class with XChange Training you will receive our official Adobe Authorised Training Certificate as a record of your successful completion of the Adobe Certified Photoshop course.
Delegates attending scheduled or bespoke courses at our training centres will receive lunch and plentiful refreshments including tea, coffee and hot chocolate for each day of the course.
This course is provided at the Cardiff training centre located at:Brunel House
2 Fitzalan Road
The Cardiff training centre is located in Brunel House which is only 3 minutes on foot from Cardiff Queen Street train station. Trains to/from Cardiff Central station run every 10 minutes. Directly opposite the building is a convenient NCP car park.
Daily course times run between 10am and 5pm with an hour break for lunch and both mid morning and mid-afternoon refreshment breaks.
Scheduled Course Enquiry
If you are considering this Photoshop CC Introduction 2 Days Course but would like further information simply send us your query quickly & easily with the form below. Whether you would like to check date availability, pricing, course suitability or just need further information about a course send us your query and we will get you a swift reply, usually within 2 business hours!
Bespoke Adobe Photoshop Training
Our bespoke course options for Adobe Photoshop training are shown below:
Bespoke Adobe Photoshop CC Training Courses
Bespoke Adobe Photoshop CS6 Training Courses
It was a good starting point to learn about Photoshop and was a good relaxed informal class.
Melanie Day, Parker Hannifin, Photoshop - 2 Day Introduction
Great one to one training which was really specific and which I can implement immediately to my everyday workload as soon as I get back in to the office!
Brunella Capozzi, Disney, Photoshop - 2 Day Bespoke
Fantastic one to one tailored course that fitted perfectly with my needs and has allowed me to secure and expand my Photoshop knowledge.
Ramsey Matthews, Whitley Bay High School, Photoshop Introduction - 1 Day
Excellent service and a great place to be trained with superb and well presented facilities. Trainer couldn't have been better - we will definitely invest in another training course.
Ben Ellis, National Lottery, Photoshop - 2 Day Advanced
Very good course, learned a lot that I can apply straight away.
Gary McCall, Getty Images, Photoshop - 2 Day Introduction
Have thoroughly enjoyed attending the photoshop training course. The instructor was extremely helpful, friendly and knowledgable. I have gained lots of useful hints, tips and techniques to help me. Will happily recommend to others. Thank you.
Michaela Dixon, Motor Mart Ltd, Photoshop - 1 Day Introduction
The trainer was very helpful and approachable and we got answers to all our questions. Great course!
Aspasia Valiasi, FilmFlex Movies, Photoshop - 1 Day Introduction
The course was well informed and our tutor was very knowledgeable and patient with all students. I would highly recommend this course and XChange Training for the future.
Jenni Prichard, Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward, Photoshop - 2 Day Introduction
The course was extremely useful and I really enjoyed it! The trainer was great and I hope to put it all into good practice.
Sarah Frandsen, Wimbledon Tennis Championships, Photoshop - 2 Day Introduction
Good basic introduction to Photoshop but included some advanced elements that could be expanded on with further reading/training.
Karen Hartley, J Murphy & Sons, Photoshop - 2 Day Introduction