Our trainers are Colour Specialists with years of experience teaching Colour Management. Get the workflow skills you need with our Colour Management professionals.
Colour Management Introduction 1 Day - London
What is there to learn about colour? Join our colour experts and save your business time and money by implementing a colour-management strategy for all your files. We give practical advice to help photographers and designers make their compositions shine.
Theory and practice combine as we show you how to put together a workflow that produces consistent colour results across all your files. You will learn about profiling monitors, RGB and CMYK colour spaces, and PDF and ISO standards. During the course, you will be allowed to practise with your own personal examples. A perfect way to put your new knowledge to good use and to improve your own workflow.
Colour Management Introduction 1 Day Overview
This 1-day Introduction course will help to explain the time-consuming, expensive, and often confusing business of colour management. We have designed the course to give you, as the file creator/handler, the grounding you need to standardise and improve the way you work with colour. By understanding and implementing a colour-managed workflow, you will save time and money and ensure the best reproduction of your files. You will also improve your confidence in working with such managed files, as well as the confidence your clients have in you.
Our course often appeals to photographers, designers and printers, many of whom share valuable insights into the whole workflow and how colour-management decisions affect others. There are a maximum of 8 places for this course and the structure is flexible depending on the knowledge and specific needs of the group. We make time to address individual problems within the context of the day, so feel free to bring your own files and prints to examine.
We split the day into two main sessions:
- Morning: covers the basics of colour-management theory, colour settings in Creative Cloud programs, profiling monitors, RGB and CMYK colour spaces, and PDF standards. We also cover ISO standards relevant to the graphic arts, particularly 12647.
- Afternoon: more open but with a focus on practising new skills in profiling and using colour-management programs.
Our goal is for you to pick up the practical know-how required to examine your own hardware, software, and file workflow.
Course Target Audience and delegate prerequisites
This course is intended for image file creators, photographers, designers, production staff, and anyone for whom colour is an important part of their workflow.
You will need basic experience in using Photoshop. Ideally, you will have taken our Adobe Photoshop CC Introduction 2 Day course.
Colour Management Introduction 1 Day Course OutlineIntroduction
- Overview of Colour Management
- Device dependent/independent colour space
- What’s sRGB, Adobe1998, LAB, CMYK, 39L
- ISO Standards 3664, 12460, 12647
- Color Munki
- i1 Pro
- Eye-One Match
- Why it's so important to calibrate a monitor
- Why do some screens cost £300 and others £2500
- Room lighting and how it affects the monitor
- Accurate monitor proofing.
- RIP’s & Fogra proofs
- Pantone Spot colour handling
- D50 lighting to view the print
- Set up the colour setting in CS
- Rendering Intents
- Converting RGB to CMYK
- Synchronise Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator
- Input Profiles and untagged images
- 8 & 16 bit files
- Unknown RGB and CMYK colours
- Why do colours shift when printed
- In house printing, press, to clients, the web
- Enfocus Pitstop Certification
This is not a lecture and questions are positively encouraged during the day and at the end of each session.
The following are provided for your best experience on this course:
- All computers for your use with choice of Windows or Mac systems
- Small class size (limited to a maximum of 4-8 attendees on all sessions)
- Quality reference manual for post course reference to take away with you
- 6 months post course support to assist you where needed
- Official Authorised Certificate for your successful completion of the course
- Lunch To give you the most flexible options for lunch we provide lunch vouchers which can be redeemed locally at a number of popular eateries including Pret A Manger, EAT, Starbucks, Tesco, Sainsburys, Boots and Greggs
- Refreshments to keep you on top form are available for you throughout the course with a full range of teas, coffees and biscuits
- Pads and pens
Daily course times run between 10am and 5pm with an hour break for lunch and both mid morning and mid-afternoon refreshment breaks. We recommend arrival at 9.45am for registration on the first day of the course.
Further details on benefits included with this Colour Management course:
Included with your course booking for all delegates on this course is 6 months free support so if you run into problems or need assistance relating to anything covered during your course we would be happy to assist you during this time.
After your class with XChange Training you will receive our official Certificate as a record of your successful completion of the course.
Delegates attending scheduled or bespoke courses at our training centres will receive lunch and plentiful refreshments including tea, coffee and hot chocolate for each day of the course.
This course is provided at the XChange Training main London training centre based at:5 St John’s Lane
Click to View Full details of our London Training Venue and Course options
St John’s Lane is located in the heart of Clerkenwell close to the junction of Farringdon and Clerkenwell Road. Farringdon tube & train station is just a few minutes away and the training centre can also be accessed from Chancery Lane and Barbican tubes in about 10 minutes. There is also easy direct access by bus from Waterloo (243) and West End (55) with nearby stops.
Daily course times run between 10am and 5pm with an hour break for lunch and both mid morning and mid-afternoon refreshment breaks.
Scheduled Course Enquiry
If you are considering this Colour Management Introduction 1 Day Course but would like further information simply send us your query quickly & easily with the form below. Whether you would like to check date availability, pricing, course suitability or just need further information about a course send us your query and we will get you a swift reply, usually within 2 business hours!
Bespoke Colour Management Training
Our bespoke course options for Colour Management training are shown below:
Bespoke Colour Management Training Courses
A day well spent with some excellent tips on dealing with pdf workflows.
Paul Adams, Schawk, Colour Management - 1 Day Introduction
Brilliant course, very helpful and interesting. The instructor was very knowledgeable and engaging and I learned a huge amount from the course. Will come back for more software training in the future.
Chris Tompson, Colour Management - 1 Day Introduction
Really really useful course. Very knowledgeable trainer who made the session relevant. Can't wait to start using my new skills!
Claire Dossie, NHS, Acrobat - 1 Day Introduction
Fantastic instructor. This has genuinely been the best training program I've ever been on!
Matt Beveridge, Iris Worldwide, Maxon Cinema 4D - 2 Day Introduction
A great introduction to Light Room which is exactly what I was seeking.
William Carr, Rushton, Lightroom - 1 Day Introduction
The training was very useful and there were two of us in the class so we had a lot of 1-on-1 training which was great. Relaxed but a focused atmosphere.
Clare McCarthy, Charles Tyrwhitt, Illustrator - 2 Day Advanced
Really informative and useful training, I learnt so much about DaVinci Resolve within just 2 days. This training course has now really given me the confidence to use this software more efficiently.
Emma Pink, Guys & St Thomas NHS Trust, DaVinci Resolve Editing - 2 Day Introduction
An excellent and thorough introduction to OS X.
Steve Fairchild, Park Communications Ltd, Mac OS X - 1 Day Introduction
Excellent, fun course led by an experienced and knowledgeable instructor/expert. Thank you.
Richard Satterthwaite, The Camping & Caravanning Club, Enfocus PitStop Professional - 1 Day Introduction
Brilliant day - fun and informative. Covered exactly what I needed.
Lisa Simmonds, Penguin Books, HTML - 1 Day Introduction