Our trainers are FileMaker Specialists with years of experience teaching FileMaker. Get the database skills you need with our FileMaker professionals.
FileMaker Pro Introduction 2 Days - Bristol
Learn how to set up and maintain your own custom database without having to understand complicated programming commands. We will show you a simple user interface that lets you store, retrieve, and report the information your business needs. A perfect introduction for new database users.
After we guide you through the essentials of controlling the FileMaker Pro environment, we will show you how to design and configure your own database. Find out how easy it is to import and export data, to add security, and to grant access privileges to other users. You will even learn how to run custom reports and understand basic scripting. Get to grips with the power of databases the easy way!
|Price:||£495.00 ex VAT|
|Level:||Introduction to Intermediate|
|Duration:||2 Days (10am-5pm)|
|Computer:||Windows & Mac|
06 Jun - 07 Jun
FileMaker Pro Introduction 2 Days
Next available Bristol course dates
- 06 Jun - 07 Jun
- 01 Aug - 02 Aug
- 30 Sep - 01 Oct
FileMaker Pro Introduction 2 Days Overview
This 2-day Introduction course helps you learn about the tools and features available in FileMaker Pro. We will help you understand how this industry-leading program takes database management to a new level. We will guide you in learning the work area, and then move on to showing you how to create your own database with its own custom fields. Together, we will discuss the concept of 'relationships' in databases, as well as covering issues relating to database security and access privileges.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Navigate the FileMaker Pro environment
- Define field formats and database tables
- Create and modify design layouts
- Add data, sort data, and delete data
- Import and export data
- Understand the scripting interface
- Produce database reports
Our goal is for you to be able to create and manage your own databases through a simple user interface.
Course Target Audience and delegate prerequisites
This course is intended for anyone planning to create or maintain a FileMaker database but who may have no previous experience with databases.
You will need basic PC or Mac skills, including a solid understanding of a computer's operating system (Windows or Mac OS). You will also need to know how to launch a program, create and save files, and copy files from CDs and other media.
FileMaker Pro Introduction 2 Days Course OutlineIntroduction
- Understanding database terms and concepts opening and browsing a FileMaker Pro database
- Different working modes and data views
- Menus and tools
- FileMaker Pro version compatibility
- Entering and deleting data in a record
- Adding new records
- Copying and pasting data and using view index
- Deleting and sorting records
- Finding data using multiple search requests and search
- Operators for more complex searching omitting records from a found set
- Previewing and printing records
- Importing data
- New Table Import features
- Planning the database
- Different field types
- Field options such as auto-entry, validation and storage
- Creating value lists for a field
- Renaming and duplicating fields
- Adding calculation and summary fields
- Importing data from text/spreadsheet files and other FM Pro databases
- Integration with Microsoft Office
- How FileMaker Pro saves information
- Creating new Form and Columnar list layouts
- Using the layout tools
- Aligning elements accurately and sliding items
- Formatting fields on the layout
- Setting the field tab order
- Adding text and graphics to the layout
- New Field & Object Alignment Tools
- Adding header and footer parts
- Creating summary layouts
- Creating envelope and label layouts
- Adding buttons to a layout
- Linking commands to buttons
- Relational vs flat file databases
- File lookups or related fields
- Creating relationships between files
- Setting relationship behaviour
- Adding lookup properties to fields
- Using fields from related databases in a layout
- Creating and using portals on a layout
- About ScriptMaker
- Understanding the power and scope of scripts
- Modifying scripts
- Creating simple finding and sorting scripts
- Importing scripts from other databases
- Linking scripts to buttons
- Using sub-scripts and scripts from other files
- Creating conditional scripts
- Multi-user database sharing on a network
- Publishing FileMaker Pro databases on the Internet or an intranet
- Configuring Browser options Styles, data views, search
- Layouts and sort behaviour
- Controlling access privileges
- Append to PDF for data reporting
- Send Link feature for database sharing
- Conditional Formatting of Fields
- FileMaker Web Viewer
- FileMaker Learning Center
- Visual Spell checks
The following are provided for your best experience on this course:
- All computers for your use with choice of Windows or Mac systems
- Small class size (limited to a maximum of 4-8 attendees on all sessions)
- Quality reference manual for post course reference to take away with you
- 6 months post course support to assist you where needed
- Official Authorised Certificate for your successful completion of the course
- Lunch To give you the most flexible options for lunch we provide lunch vouchers which can be redeemed locally at a number of popular eateries including Pret A Manger, EAT, Starbucks, Tesco, Sainsburys, Boots and Greggs
- Refreshments to keep you on top form are available for you throughout the course with a full range of teas, coffees and biscuits
- Pads and pens
Daily course times run between 10am and 5pm with an hour break for lunch and both mid morning and mid-afternoon refreshment breaks. We recommend arrival at 9.45am for registration on the first day of the course.
Further details on benefits included with this FileMaker Pro course:
Included with your course booking for all delegates on this course is 6 months free support so if you run into problems or need assistance relating to anything covered during your course we would be happy to assist you during this time.
After your class with XChange Training you will receive our official Certificate as a record of your successful completion of the course.
This course is provided at the Bristol training centre located at:Broad Quay House
The training centre is conveniently located in central Bristol in the popular Waterfront area of the city and is easily accessible from Bristol Temple Meads.
Daily course times run between 10am and 5pm with an hour break for lunch and both mid morning and mid-afternoon refreshment breaks.
Scheduled Course Enquiry
If you are considering this FileMaker Pro Introduction 2 Days Course but would like further information simply send us your query quickly & easily with the form below. Whether you would like to check date availability, pricing, course suitability or just need further information about a course send us your query and we will get you a swift reply, usually within 2 business hours!
Bespoke FileMaker Pro Training
Our bespoke course options for FileMaker Pro training are shown below:
Bespoke FileMaker Pro Training Courses
Friendly and professional environment, well organised.
Paul Pritchard, Davidoff of London, FileMaker Pro - 2 Day Introduction
I am extremely happy with the whole process from enquiring to the course delivery. I can't fault my experience and would highly recommend.
Rachel Whitefield, Clarity Copiers, FileMaker Pro Introduction - Two Days
Thank you for a brilliant course which I found very useful. The trainer was fantastic with excellent knowledge on Filemaker. I would advise anyone to go to XChange Training.
Alex Cardozo, The Met Police, Bespoke FileMaker Introduction Masterclass
Great course - excellent tuition, really well-paced and loads of practical hands-on exercises. I have learned huge amounts in 2 days and now feel I could tackle an HTML website with confidence. Thanks!!
Simon Gent, Gent Beecham, HTML & CSS - 2 Day Introduction
The instructor was great - patient, knowledgeable, friendly and fun. Had a great two days and feel confident in working with WordPress now.
Lisa Marie Rae, Getty Images, WordPress - 2 Day Masterclass
Thoroughly enjoyed each day and got plenty to put into practice.
Tracy Gibson, Wates Construction Limited, Design Combo - 5 Day Masterclass
For an introductory course I think there was a great deal covered. This will enable me to go away and develop my skills even further.
Roy Craddock, Schawk
Very enjoyable day. Will help my working on visio a lot easier in future! Thank you.
Amanda Collinson, NHS Direct, Microsoft Visio - 1 Day Introduction
Entirely met my needs and expectations. Excellent trainer and facilities.
Mike Claydon, JDE Interim, AutoCAD Introduction - Two Days
Trainer was very knowledgeable and professional - good amount of bespoke content covered.
Victoria Portwin, Gottex, InDesign - 1 Day Bespoke