Our trainers are HTML Specialists with years of experience teaching HTML. Get the web skills you need with our HTML professionals.
HTML & CSS Combo Essentials Introduction 2 Days - London
Learn the basics of creating a web page from scratch and adding simple visual styling to produce results that will appeal to your audience. This course is the perfect way to understand the core languages that define the structure and appearance of almost every resource on the web.
After we guide you on what HTML and CSS are and how they are written, we will show you how to harness their combined power to produce reliable, semantic documents styled to look appealing across an array of browsers and devices. With our help, you will learn how to control page structure, dimensions, fonts, colours, and much more.
|Price:||£425.00 ex VAT|
|Duration:||2 Days (10am-5pm)|
|Computer:||Windows & Mac|
11 Mar - 12 Mar
HTML & CSS Combo Essentials 2 Days
Farringdon, Central London
Next available London course dates
- 11 Mar - 12 Mar
- 23 Apr - 24 Apr
- 03 Jun - 04 Jun
- 29 Jul - 30 Jul
- 09 Sep - 10 Sep
HTML & CSS Combo Essentials 2 Days Overview
This 2-day Essentials course will cover everything you need to get started with producing HTML and styling your content with CSS. You will learn how web pages are structured under the hood and how you can put together your own files for the web. We will also show you how to use CSS to control every aspect of a site's visuals: its fonts, colours, leading, margins, and more.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the syntax and structure of HTML pages
- Insert tags, attributes, and values into a page
- Define titles, headings, and page regions
- Add links, alternate text content, and background images
- Position and resize images and other page elements
- Work with colours
- Use correct styles instead of deprecated HTML tags
- Design without relying on tables
- Include padding, margins, borders, and backgrounds
- Write selectors to target only specific parts of a page
- Produce horizontal and vertical navigation bars
- Style hyperlinks
- Differentiate between external, embedded, and inline styles
Our goals are for you to understand how to create and adjust your own HTML documents, and for you to understand how to enhance the visual appearance of your web pages.
Course Target Audience and delegate prerequisites
This course is intended for anyone interested in producing, editing, or visually styling content for the web.
You will need basic PC or Mac skills, including a solid understanding of a computer's operating system (Windows or Mac OS). You will also need to know how to launch a program, create and save files, and copy files from CDs and other media.
HTML & CSS Combo Essentials 2 Days Course OutlineIntroducing HTML/XTHML
- A brief overview of HTML/XHTML and the world wide web
- Browser and resolution issues
- The syntax and structure of HTML/XHTML
- Introducing tags, attributes and values
- Meeting logical and physical tags
- Container and empty elements
- Understanding the DTD (document type declaration)
- Defining the Head and Body regions
- Structuring and formatting your content using Block and Character level tags
- Fonts and colour
- Sizing text and using headings
- Indenting using Blockquotes
- Using Horizontal Rules
- Including Escape characters
- Naming conventions
- Including a Title for your pages
- Testing your site in different browsers
- Understanding colour for the web
- Working with hexadecimal
- Meeting web safe colours
- Applying colour to text, tables and cells
- The different image formats used on the web
- Placing and linking an image
- Adding alternate text
- Sizing and positioning images
- Creating a simple table
- Adding rows and cells
- Adding content to cells
- Formatting tables and cells
- Creating relative links between pages
- Creating absolute links to other sites
- Creating mailto links and links to non-HTML/XHTML files
- Adding named anchor links to long pages
- Adding links to images
- A brief review of HTML
- Understanding the limitations of HTML
- The evolution and current status of CSS
- Where to keep up to date with CSS
- CSS and CSS2
- The importance of DTD (document type declaration) when using CSS
- The Style and Comment HTML tags
- Declaration block
- ID and class styles
- Embedded styles
- InLine styles
- External Style Sheets
- Locating amending embedded styles
- Locating and amending inline styles
- Linking vs importing external style sheets
- ID vs Class selectors
- Descendant selectors and grouping selectors
- The DIV and SPAN tags
- Fonts and font families
- Sizing text using different units of measure
- Line height
- Font weight
- Working with colour
- Link basics
- Styling hyperlinks
- Link text decoration
- Creating rollovers using hover
- Using the box model
- Padding and margins
- Element positioning
The following are provided for your best experience on this course:
- All computers for your use with choice of Windows or Mac systems
- Small class size (limited to a maximum of 4-8 attendees on all sessions)
- Quality reference manual for post course reference to take away with you
- 6 months post course support to assist you where needed
- Official Authorised Certificate for your successful completion of the course
- Lunch To give you the most flexible options for lunch we provide lunch vouchers which can be redeemed locally at a number of popular eateries including Pret A Manger, EAT, Starbucks, Tesco, Sainsburys, Boots and Greggs
- Refreshments to keep you on top form are available for you throughout the course with a full range of teas, coffees and biscuits
- Pads and pens
Daily course times run between 10am and 5pm with an hour break for lunch and both mid morning and mid-afternoon refreshment breaks. We recommend arrival at 9.45am for registration on the first day of the course.
Further details on benefits included with this HTML course:
Included with our HTML courses is the HTML & CSS Visual Quickstart Guide provided for free to use as a post course reference resource. This is a full 300+ page manual to supplement the content covered during the course.
Included with your course booking for all delegates on this course is 6 months free support so if you run into problems or need assistance relating to anything covered during your course we would be happy to assist you during this time.
After your class with XChange Training you will receive our official Certificate as a record of your successful completion of the course.
Delegates attending scheduled or bespoke courses at our training centres will receive lunch and plentiful refreshments including tea, coffee and hot chocolate for each day of the course.
This course is provided at the XChange Training main London training centre based at:5 St John’s Lane
Click to View Full details of our London Training Venue and Course options
St John’s Lane is located in the heart of Clerkenwell close to the junction of Farringdon and Clerkenwell Road. Farringdon tube & train station is just a few minutes away and the training centre can also be accessed from Chancery Lane and Barbican tubes in about 10 minutes. There is also easy direct access by bus from Waterloo (243) and West End (55) with nearby stops.
Daily course times run between 10am and 5pm with an hour break for lunch and both mid morning and mid-afternoon refreshment breaks.
Scheduled Course Enquiry
If you are considering this HTML & CSS Combo Essentials 2 Days Course but would like further information simply send us your query quickly & easily with the form below. Whether you would like to check date availability, pricing, course suitability or just need further information about a course send us your query and we will get you a swift reply, usually within 2 business hours!
Bespoke HTML Training
Our bespoke course options for HTML training are shown below:
Bespoke HTML Training Courses
Really enjoyed the course, it was very helpful - thank you!
Linda Smith, BSKYB, HTML - 1 Day Introduction
A great overview to a new subject - I will definitely be able to use the skills gained in the workplace.
Clare MacMichael, Helena Partnerships, HTML - 1 Day Introduction
Very professional training service. Instructor was very knowledgeable and open to questions. Methodical training structure and easy to follow. Will recommend to my colleagues. Thanks!
Alex Birkett, NUS Services, HTML & CSS - 2 Day Introduction
I was first sceptical of this course, with regards to the knowledge I would gain in such a short time, but having taken this course, I could not have been happier. The tutor was fantastic, very knowledgable and helpful. I would not only recommend XChange training but would consider doing further courses myself.
Gary Carney, none, HTML & CSS - 2 Day Introduction
As always clear, concise and friendly. I have come away from today's course having learnt exactly what I needed to know. Thank you!
Charlotte Green, AXA Investment Managers, HTML - 1 Day Introduction
Knowledgeable trainer, great style pace and inclusion of all delegates. One of the best trainers I have seen in my 'many' years......thank you
Perry Hailey, Gatwick Airport, HTML & CSS - 2 Day Introduction
Great pace, level of entry and range of ad hoc knowledge made learning incredibly easy and enjoyable. Actually left feeling like I could be a Web Designer.
Bret Painter, UK Metro, HTML5 & CSS3 - 3 Day Introduction
The tutor was excellent! He was very friendly and his instruction has surpassed my expectations. I am extremely impressed by how much I have learned and I would definitely recommend this course to my friends and colleagues. The course was worth every penny. Thank you so much!
Jonathan Cain, HTML/HTML5 & CSS/CSS3 Masterclass
Great course - excellent tuition, really well-paced and loads of practical hands-on exercises. I have learned huge amounts in 2 days and now feel I could tackle an HTML website with confidence. Thanks!!
Simon Gent, Gent Beecham, HTML & CSS - 2 Day Introduction
Very good course, covered all the basics very thoroughly and took time to answer any questions I had.
Rachel Varnam, Airwave, HTML & CSS Introduction - 2 Days