Our trainers are HTML Specialists with years of experience teaching HTML. Get the web skills you need with our HTML professionals.
HTML Essentials Introduction 1 Day - London
Learn the basics of creating your own web page from scratch as we show you how to produce structured content in HTML. This is a perfect starting point for anyone looking to understand the language used to power virtually every page on the web.
After we guide you on what HTML is and how it is written, we will show you how to structure and produce your own HTML pages ready to use on the web. You will learn the importance of using the correct syntax as well as the best practices for building the foundations of a solid web page.
HTML Essentials Introduction 1 Day Overview
This 1-day Essentials course will cover the concepts and skills needed for you to get started in producing HTML. You will learn how web pages are structured under the hood and how you can put together your own files for the web.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the syntax and structure of HTML pages
- Insert tags, attributes, and values into a page
- Define titles, headings, and page regions
- Add links and alternate text content
- Position and resize images
- Work with colours
Our goal is for you to understand how to create and adjust your own HTML documents.
Course Target Audience and delegate prerequisites
This course is intended for anyone interested in producing or editing content for the web.
You will need basic PC or Mac skills, including a solid understanding of a computer's operating system (Windows or Mac OS). You will also need to know how to launch a program, create and save files, and copy files from CDs and other media.
HTML Essentials Introduction 1 Day Course OutlineIntroducing HTML
- A brief overview of HTML and the world wide web
- Browser and resolution issues
- The syntax and structure of HTML
- Introducing tags, attributes and values
- Meeting logical and physical tags
- Container and empty elements
- Understanding the DTD (document type declaration)
- Defining the Head and Body regions
- Structuring and formatting your content using Block and Character level tags
- Fonts and colour
- Sizing text and using headings
- Indenting using Blockquotes
- Using Horizontal Rules
- Including Escape characters
- Naming conventions
- Including a Title for your pages
- Testing your site in different browsers
- Understanding colour for the web
- Working with hexadecimal
- Meeting web safe colours
- Applying colour to text, tables and cells
- The different image formats used on the web
- Placing and linking an image
- Adding alternate text
- Sizing and positioning images
- Creating a simple table
- Adding rows and cells
- Adding content to cells
- Formatting tables and cells
- Creating relative links between pages
- Creating absolute links to other sites
- Creating mailto links and links to non-HTML files
- Adding named anchor links to long pages
- Adding links to images
The following are provided for your best experience on this course:
- All computers for your use with choice of Windows or Mac systems
- Small class size (limited to a maximum of 4-8 attendees on all sessions)
- Quality reference manual for post course reference to take away with you
- 6 months post course support to assist you where needed
- Official Authorised Certificate for your successful completion of the course
- Lunch To give you the most flexible options for lunch we provide lunch vouchers which can be redeemed locally at a number of popular eateries including Pret A Manger, EAT, Starbucks, Tesco, Sainsburys, Boots and Greggs
- Refreshments to keep you on top form are available for you throughout the course with a full range of teas, coffees and biscuits
- Pads and pens
Daily course times run between 10am and 5pm with an hour break for lunch and both mid morning and mid-afternoon refreshment breaks. We recommend arrival at 9.45am for registration on the first day of the course.
Further details on benefits included with this HTML course:
Included with our HTML courses is the HTML & CSS Visual Quickstart Guide provided for free to use as a post course reference resource. This is a full 300+ page manual to supplement the content covered during the course.
Included with your course booking for all delegates on this course is 6 months free support so if you run into problems or need assistance relating to anything covered during your course we would be happy to assist you during this time.
After your class with XChange Training you will receive our official Certificate as a record of your successful completion of the course.
Delegates attending scheduled or bespoke courses at our training centres will receive lunch and plentiful refreshments including tea, coffee and hot chocolate for each day of the course.
This course is provided at the XChange Training main London training centre based at:5 St John’s Lane
Click to View Full details of our London Training Venue and Course options
St John’s Lane is located in the heart of Clerkenwell close to the junction of Farringdon and Clerkenwell Road. Farringdon tube & train station is just a few minutes away and the training centre can also be accessed from Chancery Lane and Barbican tubes in about 10 minutes. There is also easy direct access by bus from Waterloo (243) and West End (55) with nearby stops.
Daily course times run between 10am and 5pm with an hour break for lunch and both mid morning and mid-afternoon refreshment breaks.
Scheduled Course Enquiry
If you are considering this HTML Essentials Introduction 1 Day Course but would like further information simply send us your query quickly & easily with the form below. Whether you would like to check date availability, pricing, course suitability or just need further information about a course send us your query and we will get you a swift reply, usually within 2 business hours!
Bespoke HTML Training
Our bespoke course options for HTML training are shown below:
Bespoke HTML Training Courses
Really enjoyed the course, it was very helpful - thank you!
Linda Smith, BSKYB, HTML - 1 Day Introduction
A great overview to a new subject - I will definitely be able to use the skills gained in the workplace.
Clare MacMichael, Helena Partnerships, HTML - 1 Day Introduction
The tutor was excellent! He was very friendly and his instruction has surpassed my expectations. I am extremely impressed by how much I have learned and I would definitely recommend this course to my friends and colleagues. The course was worth every penny. Thank you so much!
Jonathan Cain, HTML/HTML5 & CSS/CSS3 Masterclass
Thoroughly enjoyable course. I have learned a great deal over the two days, putting a lot of things into perspective.
Jill Williamson, East of England Development Agency, HTML & CSS - 2 Day Introduction
Great course - excellent tuition, really well-paced and loads of practical hands-on exercises. I have learned huge amounts in 2 days and now feel I could tackle an HTML website with confidence. Thanks!!
Simon Gent, Gent Beecham, HTML & CSS - 2 Day Introduction
Very good course, covered all the basics very thoroughly and took time to answer any questions I had.
Rachel Varnam, Airwave, HTML & CSS Introduction - 2 Days
The course gave a great overview of HTML and CSS - a brilliant basis to continue onwards from.
Corin Rogerson, Tesco, HTML & CSS - 2 Day Introduction
Excellent course content and structured in such a way that it is easy to understand for the beginner. Thank you for the excellent course.
Tami Penswick, Yahoo, HTML & CSS - 2 Day Introduction
Brilliant day - fun and informative. Covered exactly what I needed.
Lisa Simmonds, Penguin Books, HTML - 1 Day Introduction
The course was very well planned and easy to understand and follow. I feel I have a good knowledge on how to to use HTML and CSS in my role.
Melissa Epsley, ITC, HTML & CSS - 2 Day Introduction