Our trainers are HTML Specialists with years of experience teaching HTML. Get the web skills you need with our HTML professionals.
HTML5 & CSS3 Introduction 2 Days - Newcastle
Join the professionals in learning the latest features and enhancements in HTML and CSS, two of the fundamental building blocks of all pages on the web. We will show you how to add better semantics to your page structure and how to give your web visuals the perfect boost.
With our help, you will take your existing HTML and CSS know-how and enhance it as you learn how to use new tags to build page structures that are more meaningful, making your content easier to find on the web. We will also show you how to add transitions, animations, and other new visual tricks to give your pages a fresh, modern look. This is a perfect way to take your web-design skills to the next level.
|Price:||£450.00 ex VAT|
|Duration:||2 Days (10am-5pm)|
|Computer:||Windows & Mac|
28 Nov - 29 Nov
HTML5 & CSS3 Introduction 2 Days
The Beacon, Central Newcastle
Next available Newcastle course dates
- 28 Nov - 29 Nov
- 16 Jan - 17 Jan
- 27 Feb - 28 Feb
- 15 May - 16 May
- 26 Jun - 27 Jun
- 28 Aug - 29 Aug
HTML5 & CSS3 Introduction 2 Days Overview
This 2-day Introduction course will enhance your existing web-design knowledge by giving you a grounding in HTML5, the latest revision of the HTML standard. HTML5 introduces new features that allow designers to produce richer, more semantic code. We also cover the cutting-edge visual enhancements in the new CSS3 standard, giving you an insight into the impressive results that can be achieved by web professionals.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Appreciate the differences between the current and previous HTML and CSS standards
- Insert the new DOCTYPE declaration in HTML5 documents
- Identify deprecated tags that should no longer be used
- Structure documents using new HTML5 tags
- Implement better forms using new HTML5 inputs and placeholders
- Apply CSS3 transitions, shadows, and border radius effects
- Enhance text with CSS-controlled fonts for the web
Our goals are for you appreciate the latest developments in HTML and CSS, and to apply the new and enhanced features to your own pages.
Course Target Audience and delegate prerequisites
This course is intended for web designers with existing HTML and CSS skills who wish to learn about the enhancements available in the latest HTML5 and CSS3 web standards.
HTML5 & CSS3 Introduction 2 Days Course OutlineIntroduction
- A brief overview of the history and development of HTML
- The importance of standards
- The W3C, WHATWG and HTML5
- Do we need/want HTML5?
- What is and what is not HTML5
- Can we start using it now?
- What features can we begin using?
- Browser, mobile and device support
- The new DOCTYPE declaration
- Simplified charset
- Looser coding standards
- Good practice to ensure consistency
- Depreciated tags and attributes
- Understanding the outline algorithm
- Ensuring cross browser structure
- Structuring top-level and interior level content
- Meeting the new content models
- Introducing the new HTML5 semantic tags
- The role of the DIV Tag
- Ensuring block-level display
- Plug-in free markup
- The new video and audio elements
- Overview of video & audio codecs
- How to convert video to ogg, mp4 and webm
- Including fallback content
- Customising the video & audio players
- Introducing the canvas API
- Drawing basic shapes
- Simple animation
- Loading an image
- Brief overview
- Meeting the new input types
- Setting autofocus
- Using placeholder data
- The new date picker
- Spinners and sliders
- A brief overview of the history CSS
- Image borders
- Rounded corners
- Server fonts
- Font licensing issues
- 2D transforms and transitions
The following are provided for your best experience on this course:
- All computers for your use with choice of Windows or Mac systems
- Small class size (limited to a maximum of 4-8 attendees on all sessions)
- Quality reference manual for post course reference to take away with you
- 6 months post course support to assist you where needed
- Official Authorised Certificate for your successful completion of the course
- Lunch To give you the most flexible options for lunch we provide lunch vouchers which can be redeemed locally at a number of popular eateries including Pret A Manger, EAT, Starbucks, Tesco, Sainsburys, Boots and Greggs
- Refreshments to keep you on top form are available for you throughout the course with a full range of teas, coffees and biscuits
- Pads and pens
Daily course times run between 10am and 5pm with an hour break for lunch and both mid morning and mid-afternoon refreshment breaks. We recommend arrival at 9.45am for registration on the first day of the course.
Further details on benefits included with this HTML course:
Included with our HTML courses is the HTML & CSS Visual Quickstart Guide provided for free to use as a post course reference resource. This is a full 300+ page manual to supplement the content covered during the course.
Included with your course booking for all delegates on this course is 6 months free support so if you run into problems or need assistance relating to anything covered during your course we would be happy to assist you during this time.
After your class with XChange Training you will receive our official Certificate as a record of your successful completion of the course.
Delegates attending scheduled or bespoke courses at our training centres will receive lunch and plentiful refreshments including tea, coffee and hot chocolate for each day of the course.
This course is provided at the XChange Training Newcastle training centre located at:The Beacon
Newcastle upon Tyne
The training centre is situated on Westgate Road near Central Newcastle within easy reach by bus of Newcastle Central Station for both local Metro and overland trains. If you are driving there is free parking available at the training centre.
Daily course times run between 10am and 5pm with an hour break for lunch and both mid morning and mid-afternoon refreshment breaks.
Scheduled Course Enquiry
If you are considering this HTML5 & CSS3 Introduction 2 Days Course but would like further information simply send us your query quickly & easily with the form below. Whether you would like to check date availability, pricing, course suitability or just need further information about a course send us your query and we will get you a swift reply, usually within 2 business hours!
Bespoke HTML Training
Our bespoke course options for HTML training are shown below:
Bespoke HTML Training Courses
Really enjoyed the course, it was very helpful - thank you!
Linda Smith, BSKYB, HTML - 1 Day Introduction
A great overview to a new subject - I will definitely be able to use the skills gained in the workplace.
Clare MacMichael, Helena Partnerships, HTML - 1 Day Introduction
The trainer was very informative and helpful, and approach the course in a relaxed manner at a good pace. Many thanks
Sarah Hatherall-Good, Woolmer Hill School, HTML & CSS Introduction - 2 Days
Very enjoyable and informative. The fact that full and unrestricted access to learning materials and assets (i.e. presentations and demonstration files) was given throughout the course was a welcome change from other providers.
David Swingler, Fingo, HTML & CSS - 2 Day Introduction
The instructor was very knowledgeable and patient and went at just the right learning speed for my level. One to one tutorial has been very beneficial for my learning of HTML and CSS and a great introduction.
Dawn Irons, Imago Group plc, HTML and CSS - 2 Day Introduction
Excellent course content and structured in such a way that it is easy to understand for the beginner. Thank you for the excellent course.
Tami Penswick, Yahoo, HTML & CSS - 2 Day Introduction
Engaging and passionate trainer. Approachable, professional and taught me a lot in one day- will recommend XChange Training for future training to other colleagues.
Mia Jones, NSPCC, HTML - 1 Day Introduction
I really enjoyed the course. The trainer was very knowledgeable, friendly and professional. XChange Training was recommended to me by a colleague and I will certainly go back and recommend to other colleagues.
Hayley McGuffie, Wyre Council, HTML & CSS - Two Day Introduction
I was first sceptical of this course, with regards to the knowledge I would gain in such a short time, but having taken this course, I could not have been happier. The tutor was fantastic, very knowledgable and helpful. I would not only recommend XChange training but would consider doing further courses myself.
Gary Carney, none, HTML & CSS - 2 Day Introduction
Very good hands-on experience. Instructor was very enthusiastic and obviously knew his stuff.
Helen Swailes, JT International S.A., HTML & CSS - 2 Day Introduction