|Price:||£450.00 ex VAT|
|Duration:||2 Days (10am-5pm)|
|Computer:||Windows & Mac|
01 Oct - 02 Oct
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Detect and respond to user actions
- Manipulate an object's position and visibility on a web page
- Validate form input data
- Fix coding errors, trigger alerts, and add coding comments
- Use Cascading Style Sheets
Our goal is for you to understand and use this powerful scripting language for the web.
Course Target Audience and delegate prerequisites
You will need an understanding of how web pages work. Ideally, you will have taken our HTML & CSS Combo Essentials Introduction 2 Day course.
- Types of Scripts
- The Script Tags
- The Alert Statement
- Browser Support
- Script Errors
- Identify Scripting Guidelines
- Line Terminators
- Display Messages on the Status Bar
- Types of Objects
- Client-Side Objects
- Core Objects
- Object Hierarchy
- The Window Object
- Window Object Properties
- Window Object Methods
- Event Handler
- Mouse Events
- Open a Linked Page in a New Window
- Write Content to a Document
- The Document Object
- Document Properties
- Document Methods
- Document Event Handlers
- Create a Dynamic Document
- Document Object Model
- Image Rollover
The following are provided for your best experience on this course:
- All computers for your use with choice of Windows or Mac systems
- Small class size (limited to a maximum of 4-8 attendees on all sessions)
- Quality reference manual for post course reference to take away with you
- 6 months post course support to assist you where needed
- Official Authorised Certificate for your successful completion of the course
- Lunch To give you the most flexible options for lunch we provide lunch vouchers which can be redeemed locally at a number of popular eateries including Pret A Manger, EAT, Starbucks, Tesco, Sainsburys, Boots and Greggs
- Refreshments to keep you on top form are available for you throughout the course with a full range of teas, coffees and biscuits
- Pads and pens
Daily course times run between 10am and 5pm with an hour break for lunch and both mid morning and mid-afternoon refreshment breaks. We recommend arrival at 9.45am for registration on the first day of the course.
Included with your course booking for all delegates on this course is 6 months free support so if you run into problems or need assistance relating to anything covered during your course we would be happy to assist you during this time.
After your class with XChange Training you will receive our official Certificate as a record of your successful completion of the course.
Delegates attending scheduled or bespoke courses at our training centres will receive lunch and plentiful refreshments including tea, coffee and hot chocolate for each day of the course.
This course is provided at the XChange Training main London training centre based at:5 St John’s Lane
Click to View Full details of our London Training Venue and Course options
St John’s Lane is located in the heart of Clerkenwell close to the junction of Farringdon and Clerkenwell Road. Farringdon tube & train station is just a few minutes away and the training centre can also be accessed from Chancery Lane and Barbican tubes in about 10 minutes. There is also easy direct access by bus from Waterloo (243) and West End (55) with nearby stops.
Daily course times run between 10am and 5pm with an hour break for lunch and both mid morning and mid-afternoon refreshment breaks.
Scheduled Course Enquiry
I got exactly what I was looking for from this course, thank you!
Great course, really good fun. The trainer had a fantastic grasp of the subject and was very helpful.
Really enjoyed the course and I got a lot out of it. The small number of people on the course meant it was very much tailored for our specific needs.
Excellent training and great central location. Learnt a lot more in two days than I thought I would.
Very good content and the trainer was very enthusiastic.
Bruce James, City & Guilds, Microsoft Project - 1 Day Intermediate
It was good fun, informative and I feel like I learnt a lot. It has also made me want to do more courses.
Stephanie Razis, Salamanca, InDesign - 2 Day Introduction
Really enjoyed the course, it was very helpful - thank you!
Linda Smith, BSKYB, HTML - 1 Day Introduction
Great course, very informative, pitched at exactly the right level and kept my attention even on a Friday afternoon!
Rebecca Milford, Emap, PitStop Pro - 1 Day Introduction
I have studied a course with XChange Training before and it is extremely well organised, friendly staff and has a good work environment.
Victoria Hassett, ETM Group, InDesign - 1 Day Introduction
Always very happy with the excellent training XChange provides and I'll certainly be coming back for more! Thanks
Polly Cummings, DC Quants, Dreamweaver HTML Emails - 2 Day Course