Our trainers are Vectorworks specialists with years of experience teaching Vectorworks. Get the 2D & 3D design skills you need with our Vectorworks professionals.
Nemetschek Vectorworks 2 Day Introduction - London
Learn the fundamentals of Vectorworks as we guide you through this comprehensive introduction to the powerful 3D-drawing program. We will show you how to create and organise 2D and 3D CAD designs that will bring your digital concepts to life, even for those with no previous CAD experience.
After we give you a complete tour of the Vectorworks environment, we will show you how to create 2D and 3D designs. You will learn how to import images, organise your files, create classes, and much more as we give you the perfect grounding in this feature-rich CAD program. A great way to learn how to build usable designs for business and industry.
|Price:||£525.00 ex VAT|
|Level:||Introduction to Intermediate|
|Duration:||2 Days (10am-5pm)|
|Computer:||Windows & Mac|
29 Jul - 30 Jul
Vectorworks 2 Day Introduction
Farringdon, Central London
Next available London course dates
- 29 Jul - 30 Jul
- 30 Sep - 01 Oct
- 25 Nov - 26 Nov
Nemetschek Vectorworks 2 Day Introduction Overview
This 2-day Introduction course helps you learn about the tools and features available in Nemetschek Vectorworks. We will help you to create and manipulate your own 2D and 3D drawings as we guide you on how to control this powerful design program. You will add annotations, import image files, and set up your own custom attributes as you join us to get to grips with CAD.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Navigate the Vectorworks environment
- Create 2D and 3D CAD designs
- Organise your drawings through the use of classes
- Add text, notes, and dimensions
- Produce standard and cropped viewports
- Import sketches, photos, and DWG files
- Maintain custom attributes
Our goal is for you to build and adjust your own 2D and 3D CAD drawings.
Course Target Audience and delegate prerequisites
This course is intended for visual designers who have little or no previous experience of using CAD programs.
You will need basic PC or Mac skills, including a solid understanding of a computer's operating system (Windows or Mac OS). You will also need to know how to launch a program, create and save files, and copy files from CDs and other media.
Vectorworks 2 Day Introduction Course OutlineThe Essentials
- The interface and navigation
- Adjusting document settings & saving template files
- Navigating around your file - zoom/pan/fit to page
- Object selection and deletion
- Drawing using accurate dimensions
- Drawing using object snaps
- The object info palette
- The basic 2D tools & explaining tool modes
- Complex line & shape creation
- Organising your drawing using classes
- Changing colours, line types & line thickness
- Saving & editing views
- Adding text & notes
- Adding dimensions
- Printing your drawing
- The benefits of using sheets & viewports
- Creating standard and cropped viewports
- Editing and annotating viewports
- Understanding viewport display over-rides & printing sheet layers
- Working efficiently between viewports & design layers
- Saving and editing views for quicker navigation
- Importing and working efficiently with DWG files
- Importing sketches & photos to your drawing
- Creating and editing symbols
- Managing and organising symbols – the resource browser explained
- Working with worksheets, schedules & reports
- Creating and managing custom attributes (hatches, gradients & image fills)
- Creating custom title blocks
The following are provided for your best experience on this course:
- All computers for your use with choice of Windows or Mac systems
- Small class size (limited to a maximum of 4-8 attendees on all sessions)
- Quality reference manual for post course reference to take away with you
- 6 months post course support to assist you where needed
- Official Authorised Certificate for your successful completion of the course
- Lunch To give you the most flexible options for lunch we provide lunch vouchers which can be redeemed locally at a number of popular eateries including Pret A Manger, EAT, Starbucks, Tesco, Sainsburys, Boots and Greggs
- Refreshments to keep you on top form are available for you throughout the course with a full range of teas, coffees and biscuits
- Pads and pens
Daily course times run between 10am and 5pm with an hour break for lunch and both mid morning and mid-afternoon refreshment breaks. We recommend arrival at 9.45am for registration on the first day of the course.
Further details on benefits included with this VectorWorks course:
Included with your course booking for all delegates on this course is 6 months free support so if you run into problems or need assistance relating to anything covered during your course we would be happy to assist you during this time.
After your class with XChange Training you will receive our official Certificate as a record of your successful completion of the course.
Delegates attending scheduled or bespoke courses at our training centres will receive lunch and plentiful refreshments including tea, coffee and hot chocolate for each day of the course.
This course is provided at the XChange Training main London training centre based at:5 St John’s Lane
Click to View Full details of our London Training Venue and Course options
St John’s Lane is located in the heart of Clerkenwell close to the junction of Farringdon and Clerkenwell Road. Farringdon tube & train station is just a few minutes away and the training centre can also be accessed from Chancery Lane and Barbican tubes in about 10 minutes. There is also easy direct access by bus from Waterloo (243) and West End (55) with nearby stops.
Daily course times run between 10am and 5pm with an hour break for lunch and both mid morning and mid-afternoon refreshment breaks.
Scheduled Course Enquiry
If you are considering this Vectorworks 2 Day Introduction Course but would like further information simply send us your query quickly & easily with the form below. Whether you would like to check date availability, pricing, course suitability or just need further information about a course send us your query and we will get you a swift reply, usually within 2 business hours!
Bespoke VectorWorks Training
Our bespoke course options for VectorWorks training are shown below:
Bespoke Vectorworks Training Courses
Really productive day. Very pleased with the tutoring, thank you.
Jonathan Mawer, Vectorworks - 1 Day Introduction
Great tutor, good understanding of my abilities and speed of learning.
Rachel Radford, Vectorworks - 1 Day Bespoke
A really enjoyable programme. The trainer was engaging and delivered content relevant to his audience.
Denise Anderson, Hertford Regional College, Vectorworks - 2 Day Introduction
Trainer was patient and explained commands and process well. Level of development within two days was more than expected!
Bryan Sturrock, Event, Vectorworks - 2 Day Introduction
Very well delivered, informative, and the tutor was excellent. The small group size made learning and tutor support a pleasure.
Niall OLeary, LCA, Vectorworks - 2 Day Introduction
Thank you very much. Everything was presented in a clear manner and the tutor was really helpful.
Nawar Albazaz, Vectorworks - 2 Day Introduction
It was very good, thoroughly worth it. The tutor was excellent and very efficient.
William Slack, Student, Vectorworks - 2 Day Introduction
Great training over the 2 days with an excellent teacher. I am so much more informed about the digital CAD world and more prepared for my creative career as a designer. I will gladly recommend this on to other students seeking creative professional careers.
Peter Johnson, University of Arts London, Vectorworks - 2 Day Introduction
Fantastic instructor. This has genuinely been the best training program I've ever been on!
Matt Beveridge, Iris Worldwide, Maxon Cinema 4D - 2 Day Introduction
An excellent tutor and very approachable.
Rachel Burns, Paragon Group , Flash - 2 Day Introduction