Our trainers are SketchUp experts with years of experience teaching SketchUp. Get the technical skills you need with our SketchUp professionals.
Trimble SketchUp Advanced 1 Day - London
Join the professionals in getting the best out of this powerful 3D-design program. We will show you the advanced tips you need to organise your files and to add real quality to your compositions. This course is a great way to take a first step toward expert-level design.
With our help, you will take your existing SketchUp know-how and enhance it as you learn how to organise and optimise your projects. We will cover difficult problems in handling advanced 3D designs, and by the end of the course you will be far more confident in working with complex compositions.
|Price:||£295.00 ex VAT|
|Duration:||1 Day (10am - 5pm)|
|Computer:||Windows & Mac|
SketchUp Advanced 1 Day Overview
This 1-day Advanced course will help to develop your skills as you explore the advanced features of SketchUp. The course has two principal objectives:
- Advanced modelling techniques: deal with curves, difficult geometry, and advanced 'tricks'
- Modelling organisation: handle large models and complex structures through the effective use of groups, components, layers, and other 'hidden' features
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Handle complex 3D designs
- Model curves
- Use Ruby extensions
- Optimise and organise your designs
- Interface with other software
Our goals are for you to understand the advanced features of SketchUp and for you to improve the modelling and organisation of your designs.
Course Target Audience and delegate prerequisites
This course is intended for those who wish to enhance their existing knowledge of SketchUp, and is ideal for graphic designers and other creative professionals.
You will need basic experience in using SketchUp. Ideally, you will have taken our Trimble SketchUp Introduction 1 Day course.
SketchUp Advanced 1 Day Course OutlineComplex Modelling
- Creating difficult objects
- Working with curved shapes
- Intersecting geometry
- Cross Sections
- Planning your approach for big projects
- Best practice for Landscape, Interior, Architecture etc. projects
- SketchUp’s powerful way of using images and photos
- Setting styles and backgrounds
- Reference and exploit scanned drawings and other files such as CAD
- How to colour the model using the built-in library
- Use of custom images and textures on models
- How to edit and adjust model textures
- Using Photomatch to create 3D models from photographs
- Exploring ways to present 3D models using various techniques such as static images, PDF, animations and 3D models
- Photorealistic and Art rendering
The following are provided for your best experience on this course:
- All computers for your use with choice of Windows or Mac systems
- Small class size (limited to a maximum of 4-8 attendees on all sessions)
- Quality reference manual for post course reference to take away with you
- 6 months post course support to assist you where needed
- Official Trimble Authorised Certificate for your successful completion of the course
- Lunch To give you the most flexible options for lunch we provide lunch vouchers which can be redeemed locally at a number of popular eateries including Pret A Manger, EAT, Starbucks, Tesco, Sainsburys, Boots and Greggs
- Refreshments to keep you on top form are available for you throughout the course with a full range of teas, coffees and biscuits
- Pads and pens
Daily course times run between 10am and 5pm with an hour break for lunch and both mid morning and mid-afternoon refreshment breaks. We recommend arrival at 9.45am for registration on the first day of the course.
Further details on benefits included with this Trimble SketchUp course:
Included with our SketchUp courses is the SketchUp in 10 Minutes book for free to use as a post course reference resource. This is a full 200+ page manual to supplement the content covered during the course.
Included with your course booking for all delegates on this course is 6 months free support so if you run into problems or need assistance relating to anything covered during your course we would be happy to assist you during this time.
After your class with XChange Training you will receive our official Certificate as a record of your successful completion of the course.
Delegates attending scheduled or bespoke courses at our training centres will receive lunch and plentiful refreshments including tea, coffee and hot chocolate for each day of the course.
This course is provided at the XChange Training main London training centre based at:5 St John’s Lane
Click to View Full details of our London Training Venue and Course options
St John’s Lane is located in the heart of Clerkenwell close to the junction of Farringdon and Clerkenwell Road. Farringdon tube & train station is just a few minutes away and the training centre can also be accessed from Chancery Lane and Barbican tubes in about 10 minutes. There is also easy direct access by bus from Waterloo (243) and West End (55) with nearby stops.
Daily course times run between 10am and 5pm with an hour break for lunch and both mid morning and mid-afternoon refreshment breaks.
Scheduled Course Enquiry
If you are considering this SketchUp Advanced 1 Day Course but would like further information simply send us your query quickly & easily with the form below. Whether you would like to check date availability, pricing, course suitability or just need further information about a course send us your query and we will get you a swift reply, usually within 2 business hours!
Bespoke Trimble SketchUp Training
Our bespoke course options for Trimble SketchUp training are shown below:
Bespoke Trimble SketchUp Training Courses
Kicking myself for not signing up for the second day! Will return for the advanced class.
Miguel Liévano, Brooks Murray Architects, SketchUp - 1 Day Introduction
Very good training content with enthusiastic & knowledgeable instruction. Equipment very good too.
Matthew Blackburn, SketchUp - 2 Day Masterclass
The trainer was fantastic - obviously passionate about the software he was training us on, and was able to explain it and try to make it relevant to our jobs as much as possible - would highly recommend!
Lauren Stacy, Sense London, Bespoke SketchUp Introduction
Great! Thoroughly enjoyed it. Our trainer was great and educated us in a very clear, but fun way! Would definitely recommend and come back soon.
Emily Hale, Marks & Spencers, Bespoke Trimble SketchUp One Day Introduction
The instructor was fantastic - very easy going and very knowledgeable. I really enjoyed the course and will definitely look to have more training in future through XChange Training.
David Merritt, DSM Services, SketchUp - 1 Day Introduction
Excellent training course and facilities - practical and easy to understand with knowledgeable and helpful Instructor.
Neil Cleary, IMP Planning Ltd, SketchUp - 1 Day Introduction
Thanks for the brilliant course.. For someone who has basically never opened SketchUp I came away really feeling like I had a good grasp of the program.
Ellie Weidman, SketchUp - 2 Day Masterclass
Very good training session. Was able to fill in any holes we had in experience while keeping the course on track at the same time. Will definitely consider XChange Training again in the future.
Rob Baines, IGL Surveying, Trimble SketchUp - 1 Day Advanced
Very good and enthusiastic tutor who clearly enjoys the subject, and was very keen to impart his knowledge - very good indeed. Thank you.
Stuart Hill, BGY Architects, SketchUp - 1 Day Introduction
Great day, can't wait to use the skills I have learned. Friendly and professional environment.
Claire Knowles, Living Ventures, SketchUp - 1 Day Introduction