Our trainers are WordPress specialists with years of experience teaching WordPress. Get the web skills you need with our WordPress professionals.
WordPress Essentials Introduction 1 Day - London
Get up and running as you join us to explore the web's leading blogging and site creation tool. Learn how to install and configure a simple setup that will get your content online in no time. This is the ideal way to get started on your own web projects.
Learn how quick and easy it is to get started with WordPress. We will show you the basics of this extremely popular Content Management System (CMS) and guide you on how to install and set up your own functioning site. We will also cover writing and tagging posts, approving comments, attracting visitors, and more. This course is a great way to learn about creating and editing content for the web.
WordPress Essentials Introduction 1 Day Overview
This 1-day Essentials course will teach you everything you need to get started with the world's most popular free tool for creating and managing websites and blogs. Starting from scratch, we will show you how to install and configure WordPress. You will quickly learn the basics and be able to build a simple but professional website.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Install and configure WordPress
- Understand the difference between posts and pages
- Publish a blog post
- Manage links, tags, and media
- Approve or delete blog comments
- Customise your site display by using WordPress themes
- Attract visitors by using methods to enhance SEO
- Track visits by using Google Analytics
Our goal is for you to learn the basics of setting up and managing a WordPress-powered site or blog.
Course Target Audience and delegate prerequisites
This course is designed for those who are new to web design and development and who want to get started with WordPress.
You will need basic PC or Mac skills, including a solid understanding of a computer's operating system (Windows or Mac OS). You will also need to know how to launch a program, create and save files, and copy files from CDs and other media. An understanding of HTML and CSS would be useful but is not essential. Ideally, you will have taken our HTML & CSS Combo Essentials Introduction 2 Day course.
WordPress Essentials 1 Day Course OutlineGetting Started - Installation and Upgrades
- WordPress in five minutes
- Upgrading WordPress
- New features of WordPress
- Best Practices for upgrading WordPress
- Importing and exporting data
- General settings
- Discussion settings
- Permalink settings
- Privacy settings
- Reading settings
- Writing settings
- Miscellaneous settings
- New features in WordPress
- Creating content: Posts vs. Pages
- How to write a Page in WordPress
- WordPress categories explained
- Using the WordPress Content Management System (CMS)
- Managing Pages
- Managing Links
- Managing WordPress Tags
- Managing your WordPress Media Library
- Updating your WordPress Profile
- Writing a blog Post
- Managing Posts
- Managing comments
- Fighting SPAM with Akismet
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- Making your content search-engine friendly
- Using analytics to deliver accountability and insight
- Adding Facebook and Twitter buttons
- Installing and activating WordPress Themes
- Using WordPress plugins
- Working with WordPress Widgets
- Reviewing CMS and eCommerce plugins
- Best Practices for upgrading WordPress
- Managing WordPress users
- Permission levels and log-ins
- WordPress User Roles explained
- Managing files
- The WordPress Dashboard
The following are provided for your best experience on this course:
- All computers for your use with choice of Windows or Mac systems
- Small class size (limited to a maximum of 4-8 attendees on all sessions)
- Quality reference manual for post course reference to take away with you
- 6 months post course support to assist you where needed
- Official Authorised Certificate for your successful completion of the course
- Lunch To give you the most flexible options for lunch we provide lunch vouchers which can be redeemed locally at a number of popular eateries including Pret A Manger, EAT, Starbucks, Tesco, Sainsburys, Boots and Greggs
- Refreshments to keep you on top form are available for you throughout the course with a full range of teas, coffees and biscuits
- Pads and pens
Daily course times run between 10am and 5pm with an hour break for lunch and both mid morning and mid-afternoon refreshment breaks. We recommend arrival at 9.45am for registration on the first day of the course.
Further details on benefits included with this WordPress course:
Included with our WordPress courses is the WordPress Visual Quickstart book for free to use as a post course reference resource. This is a full 300+ page manual to supplement the content covered during the course.
Included with your course booking for all delegates on this course is 6 months free support so if you run into problems or need assistance relating to anything covered during your course we would be happy to assist you during this time.
After your class with XChange Training you will receive our official Certificate as a record of your successful completion of the course.
Delegates attending scheduled or bespoke courses at our training centres will receive lunch and plentiful refreshments including tea, coffee and hot chocolate for each day of the course.
This course is provided at the XChange Training main London training centre based at:5 St John’s Lane
Click to View Full details of our London Training Venue and Course options
St John’s Lane is located in the heart of Clerkenwell close to the junction of Farringdon and Clerkenwell Road. Farringdon tube & train station is just a few minutes away and the training centre can also be accessed from Chancery Lane and Barbican tubes in about 10 minutes. There is also easy direct access by bus from Waterloo (243) and West End (55) with nearby stops.
Daily course times run between 10am and 5pm with an hour break for lunch and both mid morning and mid-afternoon refreshment breaks.
Scheduled Course Enquiry
If you are considering this WordPress Essentials 1 Day Course but would like further information simply send us your query quickly & easily with the form below. Whether you would like to check date availability, pricing, course suitability or just need further information about a course send us your query and we will get you a swift reply, usually within 2 business hours!
Bespoke WordPress Training
Our bespoke course options for WordPress training are shown below:
Bespoke WordPress Training Courses
I have moved from a complete novice to setting up my own WordPress blog following the 2 day Masterclass - amazing!
Jill Pilling, Bishop Bridgeman School, WordPress - 2 Day Introduction
Very enlightening and resolved the immediate issues I was having with WordPress.
Gillian Bardsley, Ferranti Technologies, WordPress - 1 Day Advanced
The course was packed with information and insider tips I would never have known about without attending. I'm brimming with information!
Lucy Lund, Getty Images, WordPress - 3 Day Masterclass with SEO Optimisation
Very good and extremely informative. Complicated enough to be challenging yet explained well enough to not put me off. Thanks!
Will Jobbins, Freelance, WordPress - 2 Day Introduction
Very clear and concise training with plenty of opportunity to ask questions to further my understanding of subjects.
Daniel Layton, Eligo Recruitment, WordPress - 1 day introduction
Well paced. I would recommend the course for anyone who is starting with WordPress
Bob King, Department of Health, WordPress - 2 Day Introduction
This is the second course provided by XChange that I've taken and both were excellent. Our trainer was an expert in Wordpress and I've learned a great deal from this course. Thank you very much!
Danielle Macedo, University of Westminster, WordPress - 2 Day Masterclass
Excellent course, I picked up a lot of information and tips which will be really useful.
Stephen Baldwin, NRL, WordPress - 2 Day Introduction
The trainer tailored the training course to my needs which was great. I feel that I have learnt a lot and will be able to apply this knowledge to editing the company website.
Katie Spike, Getech, WordPress - 1 Day Introduction
The instructor was great - patient, knowledgeable, friendly and fun. Had a great two days and feel confident in working with WordPress now.
Lisa Marie Rae, Getty Images, WordPress - 2 Day Masterclass