Our trainers are WordPress specialists with years of experience teaching WordPress. Get the web skills you need with our WordPress professionals.
WordPress Introduction Masterclass 2 Days - Newcastle
Find out why WordPress has become the world's most popular tool for creating websites and blogs. Our Masterclass shows you all you need to get going with this hugely powerful yet free web creation tool. Join us to get the know-how you need and open the door to a host of potential clients.
We will show you the end-to-end process for installing and configuring WordPress, taking you from a blank canvas to a functioning, professional website and blog. You will learn best-practice techniques and will pick up essential tips on Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) and the use of Google Analytics. We will also cover the applying of visual themes and how WordPress can be extended with a wealth of free plug-ins.
|Price:||£495.00 ex VAT|
|Level:||Introduction to Intermediate|
|Duration:||2 Days (10am-5pm)|
06 Apr - 07 Apr
WordPress Masterclass 2 Days
The Beacon, Central Newcastle
Next available Newcastle course dates
- 06 Apr - 07 Apr
- 08 Jun - 09 Jun
- 03 Aug - 04 Aug
- 03 Aug - 04 Aug
- 28 Sep - 29 Sep
WordPress Introduction Masterclass 2 Days Overview
This 2-day Masterclass course will help you to appreciate the power and flexibility of WordPress, the world's most popular free tool for the creation and maintenance of websites and blogs. WordPress is built by hundreds of community volunteers, with a wide range of plug-ins and themes available to enhance any site. Because of the software's huge potential, our course will appeal to anyone looking to learn about setting up and maintaining a website or blog.
The course will take you right from installing and setting up WordPress through to customising WordPress with plug-ins and using themes to further enhance the visuals of your site.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Install and configure WordPress
- Understand the difference between posts and pages
- Publish a blog post
- Manage links, tags, and media
- Approve or delete blog comments
- Customise your site with advanced themes
- Inspect and manipulate the WordPress Loop
- Apply tags
- Create custom navigation menus
- Assign user roles and permissions
- Activate plug-ins that enable enhanced features such as eCommerce
- Attract visitors with correct SEO approach for adding title, alt and image names
- Track visits by using the Google Analytics plug-in
Our goal is for you to be confident in using WordPress to create and manage visually exciting websites and blogs.
Course Target Audience and delegate prerequisites
This course is intended for anyone new to web design and development and who wants to develop skills to use WordPress to build great-looking and accessible websites and blogs.
You will need basic PC or Mac skills, including a solid understanding of a computer's operating system (Windows or Mac OS). You will also need to know how to launch a program, create and save files, and copy files from CDs and other media. An understanding of HTML and CSS would be useful but is not essential. Ideally, you will have taken our HTML & CSS Combo Essentials Introduction 2 Day course.
WordPress Masterclass 2 Days Course OutlineGetting Started - Installation and Upgrades
- WordPress in five minutes
- Upgrading WordPress
- New features of WordPress
- Best Practices for upgrading WordPress
- Importing and exporting data
- General settings
- Discussion settings
- Permalink settings
- Privacy settings
- Reading settings
- Writing settings
- Miscellaneous settings
- New features in WordPress
- Creating content: Posts vs. Pages
- How to write a Page in WordPress
- WordPress categories explained
- Using the WordPress Content Management System (CMS)
- Managing Pages
- Managing Links
- Managing WordPress Tags
- Managing your WordPress Media Library
- Updating your WordPress Profile
- Writing a blog Post
- Managing Posts
- Managing comments
- Fighting SPAM with Akismet
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- Making your content search-engine friendly
- Installing analytics to deliver accountability and insight
- Adding Facebook and Twitter buttons
- Best Practices for upgrading WordPress
- Managing WordPress users
- Permission levels and log-ins
- WordPress User Roles explained
- Managing files
- The WordPress Dashboard
- Anatomy of a Wordpress Theme
- How Themes work
- Template files
- Typical Template files/folders included in a Theme
- The Wordpress Loop
- The Functions File
- Template Tags
- Conditional Tags
- Choosing a Wordpress Theme to modify
- Category Templates
- The Template Hierarchy
- Understanding what to look for in plug-ins
- How to view plug-in files with the editor and read the TXT files for instructions
- Downloading and activating plug-ins
- De-activating and deleting plug-ins
- Admin roles and permissions
- Security with Wordpress
- Creating custom menus
- Upgrading a Wordpress Theme
- Theme compatibility with Wordpress Upgrades
- Theme compatibility with Plug-in
The following are provided for your best experience on this course:
- All computers for your use with choice of Windows or Mac systems
- Small class size (limited to a maximum of 4-8 attendees on all sessions)
- Quality reference manual for post course reference to take away with you
- 6 months post course support to assist you where needed
- Official Authorised Certificate for your successful completion of the course
- Lunch To give you the most flexible options for lunch we provide lunch vouchers which can be redeemed locally at a number of popular eateries including Pret A Manger, EAT, Starbucks, Tesco, Sainsburys, Boots and Greggs
- Refreshments to keep you on top form are available for you throughout the course with a full range of teas, coffees and biscuits
- Pads and pens
Daily course times run between 10am and 5pm with an hour break for lunch and both mid morning and mid-afternoon refreshment breaks. We recommend arrival at 9.45am for registration on the first day of the course.
Further details on benefits included with this WordPress course:
Included with our WordPress courses is the WordPress Visual Quickstart book for free to use as a post course reference resource. This is a full 300+ page manual to supplement the content covered during the course.
Included with your course booking for all delegates on this course is 6 months free support so if you run into problems or need assistance relating to anything covered during your course we would be happy to assist you during this time.
After your class with XChange Training you will receive our official Certificate as a record of your successful completion of the course.
Delegates attending scheduled or bespoke courses at our training centres will receive lunch and plentiful refreshments including tea, coffee and hot chocolate for each day of the course.
This course is provided at the XChange Training Newcastle training centre located at:The Beacon
Newcastle upon Tyne
The training centre is situated on Westgate Road near Central Newcastle within easy reach by bus of Newcastle Central Station for both local Metro and overland trains. If you are driving there is free parking available at the training centre.
Daily course times run between 10am and 5pm with an hour break for lunch and both mid morning and mid-afternoon refreshment breaks.
Scheduled Course Enquiry
If you are considering this WordPress Masterclass 2 Days Course but would like further information simply send us your query quickly & easily with the form below. Whether you would like to check date availability, pricing, course suitability or just need further information about a course send us your query and we will get you a swift reply, usually within 2 business hours!
Bespoke WordPress Training
Our bespoke course options for WordPress training are shown below:
Bespoke WordPress Training Courses
Great content and excellent instructor - really useful course.
Heather Grimes, FMC, WordPress - 1 Day Introduction
The trainer tailored the training course to my needs which was great. I feel that I have learnt a lot and will be able to apply this knowledge to editing the company website.
Katie Spike, Getech, WordPress - 1 Day Introduction
Very good and extremely informative. Complicated enough to be challenging yet explained well enough to not put me off. Thanks!
Will Jobbins, Freelance, WordPress - 2 Day Introduction
Good vibe, small classes overall very good.
Adam Donovan, Dental Design, WordPress - 1 Day Advanced
Very clear and concise training with plenty of opportunity to ask questions to further my understanding of subjects.
Daniel Layton, Eligo Recruitment, WordPress - 1 day introduction
Great course - very useful. Excited about using what we've learnt and applying it to the content I'm currently working on/creating...
Jim Ottewill, PRS For Music, WordPress - 2 Day Introduction
Excellent course. I have a better understanding of WordPress and feel confident to make greater use of it by improving the website my company currently has. I only booked a one day course but will certainly consider booking the second day at a later stage.
Angela Russell, Decision Lab, WordPress - 1 Day Introduction
Very pleased with the course - fast paced, we covered a lot, but our instructor was very happy to stop and go over things if anyone hadn't understood.
Josephine Kane, Wesminster Uni, WordPress - 2 Day Masterclass
Very enlightening and resolved the immediate issues I was having with WordPress.
Gillian Bardsley, Ferranti Technologies, WordPress - 1 Day Advanced
The course was packed with information and insider tips I would never have known about without attending. I'm brimming with information!
Lucy Lund, Getty Images, WordPress - 3 Day Masterclass with SEO Optimisation