Our trainers are WordPress specialists with years of experience teaching WordPress. Get the web skills you need with our WordPress professionals.
WordPress SEO Optimisation 1 Day - London
Boost your WordPress site performance with search engines as you join us to build on your existing WordPress knowledge to learn the key skills for SEO optimisation and effective use of the Yoast plug-in.
Our WordPress SEO course will give you the expertise to improve your rankings with the best structure for core site elements and building an overall page optimisation strategy. We will give you the know-how you need to both increase traffic but just as importantly to develop visitor conversions and client retention with targeted interaction. This course will enhance the success of any WordPress site.
WordPress SEO Optimisation 1 Day Overview
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Use more effective page URLs, titles and descriptions
- Manage your template optimisation
- Control content SEO with no index, no follow and Canonical
- Maximise conversion/subscribers
- Get your visitors more involved
- The benefits and best practice for using the Yoast plug-in
- Yoast focus keyword vs meta keywords
- Accessing key site information with SEO Quake
Our goal is for you to be able to increase the level of the traffic and improve the relevance of the visitors to your existing WordPress site(s) by optimising your pages for search engines.
Course Target Audience and delegate prerequisites
This course is designed for current WordPress users who having designed their website or blog and are now looking to maximise the search engine optimisation to generate more traffic and hence more clients or subscribers.
You will need basic experience in using WordPress. Ideally, you will have taken our WordPress Introduction Masterclass 2 Day course or the Essentials Introduction 1 Day course.
WordPress SEO 1 Day Course OutlineGoogle
- How Google searches
- What does Google Index mean?
- Organising information by indexing
- What is page rank
- Finding information by crawling
- Google search queries
- Optimise you’re titles for SEO
- Optimise your descriptions
- Image optimisation
- XML sitemaps
- Cleaning up your code
- Aim for speed
- Rethinking the sidebar
- HTML sitemaps
- Author highlighting
- No index, follow archive pages and disable some archives
- Disable unnecessary archives
- No following unnecessary links
- Canonical links
- Pages instead of posts
- New wine in an old bottle
- Linking to related posts
- Going easy on the tags
- Getting users to subscribe
- Use of comment redirecting
- How you get readers more involved
- Bonding with your commenters
- Keeping users in the conversation
- Following your commenters
- Using Twitter
- Find related blogs, and working them
- Measuring results
- Summary of technical, conversion, content and conversation tips
- Staying updated
- The focus keyword in WordPress SEO
- The focus keyword is not the meta keywords tag
- Meta keywords: why don’t I use them
- Do Yahoo! and Bing use meta keywords
- I want meta keywords!
- Focussing on your focus keyword
- Determining a good focus keyword
- What is SEO Quake?
- Accessing key site information with SEO Quake
- Use of SEOQuake toolbar
The following are provided for your best experience on this course:
- All computers for your use with choice of Windows or Mac systems
- Small class size (limited to a maximum of 4-8 attendees on all sessions)
- Quality reference manual for post course reference to take away with you
- 6 months post course support to assist you where needed
- Official Authorised Certificate for your successful completion of the course
- Lunch To give you the most flexible options for lunch we provide lunch vouchers which can be redeemed locally at a number of popular eateries including Pret A Manger, EAT, Starbucks, Tesco, Sainsburys, Boots and Greggs
- Refreshments to keep you on top form are available for you throughout the course with a full range of teas, coffees and biscuits
- Pads and pens
Daily course times run between 10am and 5pm with an hour break for lunch and both mid morning and mid-afternoon refreshment breaks. We recommend arrival at 9.45am for registration on the first day of the course.
Further details on benefits included with this WordPress course:
Included with our WordPress courses is the WordPress Visual Quickstart book for free to use as a post course reference resource. This is a full 300+ page manual to supplement the content covered during the course.
Included with your course booking for all delegates on this course is 6 months free support so if you run into problems or need assistance relating to anything covered during your course we would be happy to assist you during this time.
After your class with XChange Training you will receive our official Certificate as a record of your successful completion of the course.
Delegates attending scheduled or bespoke courses at our training centres will receive lunch and plentiful refreshments including tea, coffee and hot chocolate for each day of the course.
This course is provided at the XChange Training main London training centre based at:5 St John’s Lane
Click to View Full details of our London Training Venue and Course options
St John’s Lane is located in the heart of Clerkenwell close to the junction of Farringdon and Clerkenwell Road. Farringdon tube & train station is just a few minutes away and the training centre can also be accessed from Chancery Lane and Barbican tubes in about 10 minutes. There is also easy direct access by bus from Waterloo (243) and West End (55) with nearby stops.
Daily course times run between 10am and 5pm with an hour break for lunch and both mid morning and mid-afternoon refreshment breaks.
Scheduled Course Enquiry
If you are considering this WordPress SEO 1 Day Course but would like further information simply send us your query quickly & easily with the form below. Whether you would like to check date availability, pricing, course suitability or just need further information about a course send us your query and we will get you a swift reply, usually within 2 business hours!
Bespoke WordPress Training
Our bespoke course options for WordPress training are shown below:
Bespoke WordPress Training Courses
Very clear and concise training with plenty of opportunity to ask questions to further my understanding of subjects.
Daniel Layton, Eligo Recruitment, WordPress - 1 day introduction
Great content and excellent instructor - really useful course.
Heather Grimes, FMC, WordPress - 1 Day Introduction
The trainer tailored the training course to my needs which was great. I feel that I have learnt a lot and will be able to apply this knowledge to editing the company website.
Katie Spike, Getech, WordPress - 1 Day Introduction
This is the second course provided by XChange that I've taken and both were excellent. Our trainer was an expert in Wordpress and I've learned a great deal from this course. Thank you very much!
Danielle Macedo, University of Westminster, WordPress - 2 Day Masterclass
The course was packed with information and insider tips I would never have known about without attending. I'm brimming with information!
Lucy Lund, Getty Images, WordPress - 3 Day Masterclass with SEO Optimisation
Very enlightening and resolved the immediate issues I was having with WordPress.
Gillian Bardsley, Ferranti Technologies, WordPress - 1 Day Advanced
Well paced. I would recommend the course for anyone who is starting with WordPress
Bob King, Department of Health, WordPress - 2 Day Introduction
Good vibe, small classes overall very good.
Adam Donovan, Dental Design, WordPress - 1 Day Advanced
Very pleased with the course - fast paced, we covered a lot, but our instructor was very happy to stop and go over things if anyone hadn't understood.
Josephine Kane, Wesminster Uni, WordPress - 2 Day Masterclass
Very good and extremely informative. Complicated enough to be challenging yet explained well enough to not put me off. Thanks!
Will Jobbins, Freelance, WordPress - 2 Day Introduction