We are an Adobe Authorised Training Centre and our trainers are Adobe Certified Instructors with years of experience teaching After Effects. Get the video skills you need with our experienced After Effects professionals.
Adobe CC Video Introduction Masterclass 4 Days - Cardiff
Learn the fundamentals of editing video and applying special effects as we guide you through this comprehensive introduction to two of the leading movie-production programs. We will show you how to assemble, cut, and export polished visual projects.
After we give you a complete tour of the Premiere Pro and After Effects environments, we will show you how to import, edit, and export your videos. You will learn how to handle audio, create animations, apply masks, and much more. This is the perfect introduction for anyone wanting to take the first steps toward becoming a video-editing professional.
|Price:||£895.00 ex VAT|
|Version:||Adobe After Effects CC|
|Duration:||4 Days (10am-5pm)|
|Computer:||Windows & Mac|
09 Jul - 12 Jul
Video Introduction Masterclass 4 Days Overview
This 4-day Masterclass course will give you a comprehensive introduction to both Adobe After Effects CC and Adobe Premiere Pro CC. We will help you understand how these industry-leading programs take digital-video editing, visual effects, and motion graphics to a new level.
Using After Effects for the first 2 days, you will use powerful tools to add a slick, professional look to all your movie projects. Switching to Premiere Pro for the final 2 days you will learn the fundamentals of non-linear editing techniques to create and edit video output that combines footage, audio, and still images. Our tips on both programs are sure to enhance the quality and creativity of your visual output.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Navigate the Premiere Pro and After Effects environments
- Organise video projects
- Assemble and fine-tune clip sequences
- Apply transitions and special effects
- Add titles and credits
- Make and refine rough cuts
- Import and adjust audio clips
- Create intermediate animations
- Understand keyframe manipulation and interpolation
- Work with layers, masks, and mattes
- Use colour effectively
- Export video and project files
Our goals are for you to be able to edit and manage digital video with confidence, and to understand the basic techniques for enhancing and applying effects to your visual projects.
Course Target Audience and delegate prerequisites
This course is intended for anyone new to the field of video and motion graphics who wants to learn about editing video and applying special effects.
You will need basic PC or Mac skills, including a solid understanding of a computer's operating system (Windows or Mac OS). You will also need to know how to launch a program, create and save files, and copy files from CDs and other media.
CC Video Masterclass 4 Days Course OutlineAFTER EFFECTS
- Workspace overview
- Importing and organising assets
- Projects & compositions
- Working with layers
- Adding Effects (FX)
- Fixed and applied FX
- Understanding animation
- Modifying motion paths
- All about keyframes
- Basic graph editor
- Creating text in After Effects
- Layer styles
- Animation options
- Motion blur
- Understanding range selectors
- Animation presets
- Introduction to shape layers
- Creating shapes from Ai files
- Paths and how to use them
- Animation options
- Project management
- Export options
- Exporting through Media Encoder
- Dynamic link to Premiere Pro
- Creating & animating masks
- Tracking masks
- Limiting FX to specific areas & Track Mattes
- Property links
- Green-screen chroma-keying with Keylight 1.2
- Camera tracker
- Motion tracking
- Puppet-Pin tool
- Write-on effect
- Opening Premiere Pro – getting started
- Workspaces - what, why, how?
- Importing assets into Premiere Pro
- Media browser
- Organisation - bins and things
- Metadata - what, why, how?
- Making selections
- Project panel & Source Monitor
- Storyboarding your rough cut
- Creating a timeline
- Thinking ahead - track allocation
- Understanding Track Headers
- Useful Keyboard Shortcuts
- Sub-clips - what, why and how?
- Targeting tracks
- Toggle Sync-lock
- Insert & overlay edits
- Three-point edit options
- Four-point edits
- J and L cuts
- Lift and extract
- Timeline panel options
- Timeline tools
- Moving clips in the timeline
- Extend edits
- Replacing clips in the timeline
- The 2 types of transitions in Premiere Pro
- Jump-cuts & clip transitions - when to use which?
- Default transitions
- Single ended transitions - what, why, when and how?
- Editing transitions
- Layer based transitions
- Light-leak style transitions with blend modes
- Pips (Picture in Picture) effects
- Animating objects
- Making pictures fit your timeline
- Additional important preferences
- Perspective corner-pin
- Nesting options in Premiere Pro - why, when, how?
- Applying and customising effects
- Limiting effects to specific areas
- Tracking masks
- Organisation - creating and using a titles Bin
- Creating text based titles
- Creating and editing your own title styles
- Exporting and importing titles
- Creating lower or upper thirds
- Inserting graphics into titles
- Title based on previous title
- Creating and using title templates
- Inserting a graphic into rolling/crawling titles
- Creating dual-mono from stereo pairs
- Recording narration directly into Premiere Pro
- Basic keyframe based audio animation
- Audio Clip mixer animation
- Exporting a still image
- Project management options
- Dynamic Link with After Effects
- Exporting directly from Premiere Pro and using ‘Media Encoder’
- Exporting different formats
- XML/AAF - cross-platform export options - why, when and how?
The following are provided for your best experience on this course:
- All computers for your use with choice of Windows or Mac systems
- Small class size (limited to a maximum of 4-8 attendees on all sessions)
- Quality reference manual for post course reference to take away with you
- 6 months post course support to assist you where needed
- Official Adobe Authorised Certificate for your successful completion of the course
- Lunch To give you the most flexible options for lunch we provide lunch vouchers which can be redeemed locally at a number of popular eateries including Pret A Manger, EAT, Starbucks, Tesco, Sainsburys, Boots and Greggs
- Refreshments to keep you on top form are available for you throughout the course with a full range of teas, coffees and biscuits
- Pads and pens
Daily course times run between 10am and 5pm with an hour break for lunch and both mid morning and mid-afternoon refreshment breaks. We recommend arrival at 9.45am for registration on the first day of the course.
Further details on benefits included with this Adobe After Effects CC course:
Included with our After Effects courses is the After Effects Classroom in a Book provided for free to use as a post course reference resource. This is a full 300+ page manual to supplement the content covered.
Included with your course booking for all delegates on this course is 6 months free support so if you run into problems or need assistance relating to anything covered during your course we would be happy to assist you during this time.
After your Adobe class with XChange Training you will receive our official Adobe Authorised Training Certificate as a record of your successful completion of the Adobe Certified After Effects course.
Delegates attending scheduled or bespoke courses at our training centres will receive lunch and plentiful refreshments including tea, coffee and hot chocolate for each day of the course.
This course is provided at the Cardiff training centre located at:Brunel House
2 Fitzalan Road
The Cardiff training centre is located in Brunel House which is only 3 minutes on foot from Cardiff Queen Street train station. Trains to/from Cardiff Central station run every 10 minutes. Directly opposite the building is a convenient NCP car park.
Daily course times run between 10am and 5pm with an hour break for lunch and both mid morning and mid-afternoon refreshment breaks.
Scheduled Course Enquiry
If you are considering this CC Video Masterclass 4 Days Course but would like further information simply send us your query quickly & easily with the form below. Whether you would like to check date availability, pricing, course suitability or just need further information about a course send us your query and we will get you a swift reply, usually within 2 business hours!
Bespoke Adobe After Effects Training
Our bespoke course options for Adobe After Effects training are shown below:
Bespoke Adobe After Effects CC Training Courses
Bespoke Adobe After Effects CS6 Training Courses
Good instructor, fun and informative.
Nolan Ward, Carbon Creative, After Effects - 2 Day Introduction
Good course with a very knowledgeable instructor. I have a come away with a solid knowlege of After Effects.
Darren Mael, Billington Cartmell, After Effects - 2 Day Introduction
The course was fantastic. I have learnt so much in just 2 days, so I would recommend the course to anyone.
Arron Voice, Long Road, After Effects - 2 Day Introduction
Very detailed and informative. The overall experience was very good and I would definitely attend another class.
Shane Pennington-Cooper, Shop Direct, After Effects - 2 Day Introduction
A very good syllabus that covered the basics needed for After Effects with links to other Creative Cloud packages.
Lori Smith, IKM Consulting, After Effects - Two Day Introdcution
Engaging and informative in a nice environment. Will come again!
Simon Crossley, Great Places Housing Group, After Effects - 2 Day Introduction
Excellent course, the instructor provided detailed exercises to complete tasks, making them memorable. I would recommend to the our wider organisation.
Trish Palmer, IKM Visual Solutions, Adobe After Effects - Two Day Introduction
Really great course content taught in a friendly informal environment. The instructor was patient and knowledgeable so I'm really happy with the course.
Callum Aldcroft, Asda, After Effects - 2 Day Introduction
Great amount of content covered without being too overwhelming. Support from the instructor was excellent.
Helen Robertson, Brothers & Sisters, After Effects - 2 Day Introduction
Great course - in depth knowledge of the software. The instructor had a great attitude and it was a friendly environment to learn in. Great experience overall, thank you.
Pablo Segovia, After Effects - 5 Day Masterclass