We are an Adobe Authorised Training Centre and our trainers are Adobe Certified Instructors with years of experience teaching Lightroom. Get the photo skills you need with our experienced Lightroom professionals.
Adobe Lightroom CC Introduction - Cardiff
Find out how to gain more control over your photos as we get to grips with this powerful image-manipulation program. Learn the tricks to adjust and develop compositions like a professional. A great course for Photoshop users with a keen interest in digital photography.
After we guide you through the essentials of controlling the Lightroom environment, we will show you how to import and adjust images, add metadata, and prepare your output for the web and for print. Join us and add some sparkle to your compositions. Our course provides the perfect way to improve your image workflows and to add to your existing knowledge of Photoshop.
|Price:||£295.00 ex VAT|
|Version:||Adobe Lightroom 5|
|Duration:||1 Day (10am - 5pm)|
|Computer:||Windows & Mac|
Lightroom 5 Introduction Overview
This 1-day Introduction course helps you learn about the tools and features available in Adobe Photoshop Lightroom. We will help you understand how this powerful program takes Photoshop's image-manipulation capabilities to a new level.
We will guide you in learning the work area and then move on to show you how to import, process, manage, and showcase images.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Navigate the Lightroom environment
- Import and organise images
- Sort and filter images
- Apply a wide range of image adjustments
- Add metadata and synchronise keywords
- Develop images appropriately
- Prepare images for the web and for print
- Create and customise a web gallery
Our goal is for you to manage and adjust images quickly and effectively.
Course Target Audience and delegate prerequisites
This course is intended for those who wish to enhance their existing knowledge of Photoshop and who work as digital artists and photographers as well as those who work for advertising agencies, design agencies, marketing agencies, production houses, and specialist corporate departments.
You will need basic experience in using Photoshop. Ideally, you will have taken our Adobe Photoshop CC Introduction 2 Day course.
Lightroom 5 Introduction Course OutlineIntroduction to Lightroom
- Overview of Lightroom – why use Lightroom?
- Adjustment Brush
- Photography workflow (Lightroom, Bridge & Photoshop)
- Getting to know the work area – Modules
- Basic shortcuts for manipulating workspace
- Customizing Lightroom workspace (Identity plate, preferences)
- File formats supported (intro to DNG)
- Importing Preferences
- Importing images from: Memory Card, a folder on a computer, an external hard drive
- Organizing folders / using Multiple Hard-drives
- Exporting photos from Lightroom
- View modes
- Comparing images
- Working with Folders and Catalogs – creating,
- backing up, exporting, importing
- Quick develop adjustments
- Adjusting White Balance
- Temperature / Tint and Tone Control.
- Star rating
- Quick Collection
- Smart Collections
- Keywording images
- Grouping keywords into sets
- Synchronizing keywords
- Export images settings
- Editing images in an external application (Photoshop)
- Exporting images to Photoshop as Smart Objects and creating panoramas.
- Using Presets
- Using Histogram the right way
- Adjusting White Balance and Tone, Cropping / Straightening images
- Removing dust and red eyes on the images
- Graduated Filter (New in Lr2.0!)
- Adjustment Brush – settings and usage
- Image adjustments using Curves, HSL / Color Black and White Conversion
- Using the Detail Panel to deal with Sharpening, Noise and Chromatic aberrations
- Correcting vignetting
- Camera Calibration Panel
- Adjustments using Develop Module
- Slideshow Module
- Creating slideshows using collections
- Slideshows templates and quick slideshow access
- Customizing the templates and saving as presets
- Exporting slideshows
- Using / customizing templates
- Saving templates
- Creating a Web Gallery (HTML, Flash)
- Customizing it.
- Uploading files
The following are provided for your best experience on this course:
- All computers for your use with choice of Windows or Mac systems
- Small class size (limited to a maximum of 4-8 attendees on all sessions)
- Quality reference manual for post course reference to take away with you
- 6 months post course support to assist you where needed
- Official Adobe Authorised Certificate for your successful completion of the course
- Lunch To give you the most flexible options for lunch we provide lunch vouchers which can be redeemed locally at a number of popular eateries including Pret A Manger, EAT, Starbucks, Tesco, Sainsburys, Boots and Greggs
- Refreshments to keep you on top form are available for you throughout the course with a full range of teas, coffees and biscuits
- Pads and pens
Daily course times run between 10am and 5pm with an hour break for lunch and both mid morning and mid-afternoon refreshment breaks. We recommend arrival at 9.45am for registration on the first day of the course.
Further details on benefits included with this Adobe Lightroom 5 course:
Included with your course booking for all delegates on this course is 6 months free support so if you run into problems or need assistance relating to anything covered during your course we would be happy to assist you during this time.
After your Adobe class with XChange Training you will receive our official Adobe Authorised Training Certificate as a record of your successful completion of the Adobe Certified Lightroom course.
Delegates attending scheduled or bespoke courses at our training centres will receive lunch and plentiful refreshments including tea, coffee and hot chocolate for each day of the course.
This course is provided at the Cardiff training centre located at:Brunel House
2 Fitzalan Road
The Cardiff training centre is located in Brunel House which is only 3 minutes on foot from Cardiff Queen Street train station. Trains to/from Cardiff Central station run every 10 minutes. Directly opposite the building is a convenient NCP car park.
Daily course times run between 10am and 5pm with an hour break for lunch and both mid morning and mid-afternoon refreshment breaks.
Scheduled Course Enquiry
If you are considering this Lightroom 5 Introduction Course but would like further information simply send us your query quickly & easily with the form below. Whether you would like to check date availability, pricing, course suitability or just need further information about a course send us your query and we will get you a swift reply, usually within 2 business hours!
Bespoke Adobe Lightroom Training
Our bespoke course options for Adobe Lightroom training are shown below:
Bespoke Adobe Lightroom Training Courses
An excellent day which achieved my objectives.
Michael Laurie, Arat Consulting, Lightroom - 1 Day Introduction
A great introduction to Light Room which is exactly what I was seeking.
William Carr, Rushton, Lightroom - 1 Day Introduction
Loved it, friendly, informative and well worth the time and money...
Peter Forsyth, Lightroom - 1 Day Introduction
Excellent course which was easy to follow.
Carlo Gonzalez, Ldo Creative, Adobe DPS - 2 Day Introduction
Excellent course, excellent trainer. Learnt so much. We covered lots of things I had tried to do before with much difficulty. The training made things simple, I will be much more efficient now!
Laura Millar, FCA, Adobe InDesign - Two Day Introduction
Knowledgeable and inclusive instruction. Excellent course
Perry Hailey, Gatwick Airport, HTML5 & CSS3 - 2 Day Introduction
Good pace. Covered everything I wanted to know.
James Missenden, Homes For Haringey, Microsoft Visio - 1 Day Introduction
Tailored to exactly what we needed, highly recommended.
Emma Calland, Nexus Business Media
Excellent facilities, close to the station. The tutor really understood the program and the work of designers. He taught more than was required and answered advanced questions with knowledge and understanding. The course will help me enormously with my work and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend XChange Training to my fellow colleagues and friends.
Gary Stafford, Shoreline Housing Partnership, InDesign - 1 Day Introduction
The instructor was very knowledgeable in the software and was very helpful in answering any questions or solving issues. I have learnt a lot in two days and it will definitely help my job in practice.
Peggie Liu, AJ Bell, Adobe Premiere Pro - 2 Day Introduction