We are an Adobe Authorised Training Centre and our trainers are Adobe Certified Instructors with years of experience teaching Lightroom. Get the photo skills you need with our experienced Lightroom professionals.
Adobe Lightroom CC Introduction - London
Find out how to gain more control over your photos as we get to grips with this powerful image-manipulation program. Learn the tricks to adjust and develop compositions like a professional. A great course for Photoshop users with a keen interest in digital photography.
After we guide you through the essentials of controlling the Lightroom environment, we will show you how to import and adjust images, add metadata, and prepare your output for the web and for print. Join us and add some sparkle to your compositions. Our course provides the perfect way to improve your image workflows and to add to your existing knowledge of Photoshop.
Lightroom 5 Introduction Overview
This 1-day Introduction course helps you learn about the tools and features available in Adobe Photoshop Lightroom. We will help you understand how this powerful program takes Photoshop's image-manipulation capabilities to a new level.
We will guide you in learning the work area and then move on to show you how to import, process, manage, and showcase images.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Navigate the Lightroom environment
- Import and organise images
- Sort and filter images
- Apply a wide range of image adjustments
- Add metadata and synchronise keywords
- Develop images appropriately
- Prepare images for the web and for print
- Create and customise a web gallery
Our goal is for you to manage and adjust images quickly and effectively.
Course Target Audience and delegate prerequisites
This course is intended for those who wish to enhance their existing knowledge of Photoshop and who work as digital artists and photographers as well as those who work for advertising agencies, design agencies, marketing agencies, production houses, and specialist corporate departments.
You will need basic experience in using Photoshop. Ideally, you will have taken our Adobe Photoshop CC Introduction 2 Day course.
Lightroom 5 Introduction Course OutlineIntroduction to Lightroom
- Overview of Lightroom – why use Lightroom?
- Adjustment Brush
- Photography workflow (Lightroom, Bridge & Photoshop)
- Getting to know the work area – Modules
- Basic shortcuts for manipulating workspace
- Customizing Lightroom workspace (Identity plate, preferences)
- File formats supported (intro to DNG)
- Importing Preferences
- Importing images from: Memory Card, a folder on a computer, an external hard drive
- Organizing folders / using Multiple Hard-drives
- Exporting photos from Lightroom
- View modes
- Comparing images
- Working with Folders and Catalogs – creating,
- backing up, exporting, importing
- Quick develop adjustments
- Adjusting White Balance
- Temperature / Tint and Tone Control.
- Star rating
- Quick Collection
- Smart Collections
- Keywording images
- Grouping keywords into sets
- Synchronizing keywords
- Export images settings
- Editing images in an external application (Photoshop)
- Exporting images to Photoshop as Smart Objects and creating panoramas.
- Using Presets
- Using Histogram the right way
- Adjusting White Balance and Tone, Cropping / Straightening images
- Removing dust and red eyes on the images
- Graduated Filter (New in Lr2.0!)
- Adjustment Brush – settings and usage
- Image adjustments using Curves, HSL / Color Black and White Conversion
- Using the Detail Panel to deal with Sharpening, Noise and Chromatic aberrations
- Correcting vignetting
- Camera Calibration Panel
- Adjustments using Develop Module
- Slideshow Module
- Creating slideshows using collections
- Slideshows templates and quick slideshow access
- Customizing the templates and saving as presets
- Exporting slideshows
- Using / customizing templates
- Saving templates
- Creating a Web Gallery (HTML, Flash)
- Customizing it.
- Uploading files
The following are provided for your best experience on this course:
- All computers for your use with choice of Windows or Mac systems
- Small class size (limited to a maximum of 4-8 attendees on all sessions)
- Quality reference manual for post course reference to take away with you
- 6 months post course support to assist you where needed
- Official Adobe Authorised Certificate for your successful completion of the course
- Lunch To give you the most flexible options for lunch we provide lunch vouchers which can be redeemed locally at a number of popular eateries including Pret A Manger, EAT, Starbucks, Tesco, Sainsburys, Boots and Greggs
- Refreshments to keep you on top form are available for you throughout the course with a full range of teas, coffees and biscuits
- Pads and pens
Daily course times run between 10am and 5pm with an hour break for lunch and both mid morning and mid-afternoon refreshment breaks. We recommend arrival at 9.45am for registration on the first day of the course.
Further details on benefits included with this Adobe Lightroom 5 course:
Included with your course booking for all delegates on this course is 6 months free support so if you run into problems or need assistance relating to anything covered during your course we would be happy to assist you during this time.
After your Adobe class with XChange Training you will receive our official Adobe Authorised Training Certificate as a record of your successful completion of the Adobe Certified Lightroom course.
Delegates attending scheduled or bespoke courses at our training centres will receive lunch and plentiful refreshments including tea, coffee and hot chocolate for each day of the course.
This course is provided at the XChange Training main London training centre based at:5 St John’s Lane
Click to View Full details of our London Training Venue and Course options
St John’s Lane is located in the heart of Clerkenwell close to the junction of Farringdon and Clerkenwell Road. Farringdon tube & train station is just a few minutes away and the training centre can also be accessed from Chancery Lane and Barbican tubes in about 10 minutes. There is also easy direct access by bus from Waterloo (243) and West End (55) with nearby stops.
Daily course times run between 10am and 5pm with an hour break for lunch and both mid morning and mid-afternoon refreshment breaks.
Scheduled Course Enquiry
If you are considering this Lightroom 5 Introduction Course but would like further information simply send us your query quickly & easily with the form below. Whether you would like to check date availability, pricing, course suitability or just need further information about a course send us your query and we will get you a swift reply, usually within 2 business hours!
Bespoke Adobe Lightroom Training
Our bespoke course options for Adobe Lightroom training are shown below:
Bespoke Adobe Lightroom Training Courses
A great introduction to Light Room which is exactly what I was seeking.
William Carr, Rushton, Lightroom - 1 Day Introduction
Loved it, friendly, informative and well worth the time and money...
Peter Forsyth, Lightroom - 1 Day Introduction
An excellent day which achieved my objectives.
Michael Laurie, Arat Consulting, Lightroom - 1 Day Introduction
I found the course very informative. I learnt a great deal in the one day which I will now endeavour to incorporate into our processes.
Ian Steer, The Stationary Office, Acrobat - 1 Day Intermediate
Good overview for beginners on making selections, image manipulation and corrections.
Claire Williams, Ascribe, Photoshop - 2 Day Introduction
Very good relaxed but productive day.
Suzy Link, Montagu Evans LLP, Acrobat - 1 Day Essentials
Impressive course! Many thanks also for the InDesign Shortcuts & Preference Guide which will be very useful and are greatly appreciated
Tom Gilling, Vividesigns, InDesign - 4 Day Masterclass
Very professional training service. Instructor was very knowledgeable and open to questions. Methodical training structure and easy to follow. Will recommend to my colleagues. Thanks!
Alex Birkett, NUS Services, HTML & CSS - 2 Day Introduction
Exactly what I was hoping for, thank you XChange Training!
Karl Durnberger, Selex, Autodesk 3DS Max - 2 Day Course
Very informative and fun. The hands on experience is an excellent feature, and being able to start working on what we ultimately hope to produce was very useful.
Paul Nezandonyi, Royal Holloway, QuarkXPress - 2 Day Bespoke