We are an Adobe Authorised Training Centre and our trainers are Adobe Certified Instructors with years of experience teaching Muse. Get the Web skills you need with from our experienced Muse professionals.
Adobe Muse Introduction 2 Days - Cardiff
Learn the fundamentals of Muse as we guide you through this comprehensive introduction to the revolutionary web-design program. We will show you how to create beautiful page layouts through an attractive and intuitive visual interface that removes the need to learn a single line of code.
After we give you a complete tour of the Muse environment, we will show you how to use a purely visual approach to designing page layouts for the web. You will learn how to handle navigation menus, forms, and much more as we build sites that work perfectly on desktop computers, mobiles, and tablets. Join us to see how easy it is to build beautiful web designs without touching any underlying code.
Muse Introduction 2 Days Overview
This 2-day Introduction course will give you a comprehensive look at the tools and features available in Adobe Muse CC. We will help you understand how graphic designers can use this powerful program to quickly build attractive websites. With the focus on a visual approach to all aspects of web design, this course is perfect for anyone who would prefer not to deal with HTML and CSS code.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Create and structure a web page
- Format your content through the use of master pages
- Add images and navigation to your pages
- Import and control text
- Manage forms and slideshows
- Publish a working web page
- Produce pages that work well on mobiles and tablets
- Track site visits by using analytics
Our goals are for you to gain a thorough understanding of visual design in Muse, and for you to be able to create an attractive, feature-rich website.
Course Target Audience and delegate prerequisites
The course is intended for visual/graphic designers who already have some experience of Adobe Creative Cloud programs, and who wish to produce content for the web.
You will need basic PC or Mac skills, including a solid understanding of a computer's operating system (Windows or Mac OS). You will also need to know how to launch a program, create and save files, and copy files from CDs and other media. Some experience of Creative Cloud programs will be helpful.
Muse Introduction 2 Days Course OutlineMuse Key Concepts
- Differences of web and print design
- Understanding web graphics
- Creating web graphics
- Working with the different views
- Previewing a site
- Understanding the tools
- Switching between the tools
- Understanding the current selection
- Zooming and magnifying
- Exploring the new site options
- Creating a sitemap
- Setting up master pages
- Changing page attributes
- Creating a browser fill
- Understanding page guides
- Establishing headers and footers
- Changing site and page properties
- Adding page metadata
- Creating a favicon
- Importing graphics
- Adding animated GIFs and SWFs
- Adding animations from Edge Animate
- Working with graphics
- Using an image as a background
- Understanding the Assets panel
- Understanding asset size and resolution
- Rountrip editing with Photoshop
- Embedding graphics
- Adding alternate text
- Addin downloadable content
- Transforming objects
- Locking objects
- Working with groups
- Understanding stacking order
- Using ruler guides
- Using the Align panel
- Aligning and distributing with Smart Guides
- Rounding Corners
- Creating graphic styles
- Wrapping an object around text
- Pinning an object to the browser
- Getting text into Muse
- Formatting your text
- Working with web-safe and system fonts
- Working with Typekit fonts
- Create paragraph styles
- Creating character styles
- Setting style export tags
- Understanding minimum height
- Creating colour swatches
- Working with stroke and fills
- Using gradients
- Working with link styles
- Using link anchors
- Using the States panel
- Importing a Photoshop button
- Creating menus
- Modifying menus
- Understanding widgets
- Building an accordion panel
- Setting up a tabbed panel
- Creating pop-up tooltips
- Creating a thumbnail slideshow
- Creating a lightbox slideshow
- Understanding text from fields
- Creating a simple form
- Exploring the Muse Widget Gallery
- Understanding arbitrary HTML
- Inserting a map
- Embedding videos
- Working with Twitter
- Adding a Facebook Like button
- Embedding an external slideshow
- Adding a form with JotForm
- Exporting your site to HTML
- Uploading your site via FTP
- Publishing your site to Business Catalyst
- Updating your site
- Viewing analytics for your site
- Creating a mobile site
- Adding a tablet site
- Adding a mobile phone site
- Previewing mobile sites
- Linking between alternate layouts
The following are provided for your best experience on this course:
- All computers for your use with choice of Windows or Mac systems
- Small class size (limited to a maximum of 4-8 attendees on all sessions)
- Quality reference manual for post course reference to take away with you
- 6 months post course support to assist you where needed
- Official Adobe Authorised Certificate for your successful completion of the course
- Lunch To give you the most flexible options for lunch we provide lunch vouchers which can be redeemed locally at a number of popular eateries including Pret A Manger, EAT, Starbucks, Tesco, Sainsburys, Boots and Greggs
- Refreshments to keep you on top form are available for you throughout the course with a full range of teas, coffees and biscuits
- Pads and pens
Daily course times run between 10am and 5pm with an hour break for lunch and both mid morning and mid-afternoon refreshment breaks. We recommend arrival at 9.45am for registration on the first day of the course.
Further details on benefits included with this Adobe Muse CC course:
Included with our Muse courses is the Brilliant Muse book provided for free to use as a post course reference resource. This is a full 300+ page manual to supplement the content covered during the course.
Included with your course booking for all delegates on this course is 6 months free support so if you run into problems or need assistance relating to anything covered during your course we would be happy to assist you during this time.
After your Adobe class with XChange Training you will receive our official Adobe Authorised Training Certificate as a record of your successful completion of the Adobe Certified Muse course.
Delegates attending scheduled or bespoke courses at our training centres will receive lunch and plentiful refreshments including tea, coffee and hot chocolate for each day of the course.
This course is provided at the Cardiff training centre located at:Brunel House
2 Fitzalan Road
The Cardiff training centre is located in Brunel House which is only 3 minutes on foot from Cardiff Queen Street train station. Trains to/from Cardiff Central station run every 10 minutes. Directly opposite the building is a convenient NCP car park.
Daily course times run between 10am and 5pm with an hour break for lunch and both mid morning and mid-afternoon refreshment breaks.
Scheduled Course Enquiry
If you are considering this Muse Introduction 2 Days Course but would like further information simply send us your query quickly & easily with the form below. Whether you would like to check date availability, pricing, course suitability or just need further information about a course send us your query and we will get you a swift reply, usually within 2 business hours!
Bespoke Adobe Muse Training
Our bespoke course options for Adobe Muse training are shown below:
Bespoke Adobe Muse CC Training Courses
Got everything I wanted and more. Will highly recommend.
Elisa McCafferty, Muse - 1 Day Introduction
A very informative course, the content is topical and well researched. The instructor was extremely knowledgeable and helpful.
Peter Dixon, Dixon Design, Bespoke Muse Introduction - 2 Days
A very informative course, thanks!
Petro Papucis, Research Now, Muse & Edge - 2 Day Masterclass
Very good course, covered all the basics very thoroughly and took time to answer any questions I had.
Rachel Varnam, Airwave, HTML & CSS Introduction - 2 Days
The course was cohesive and well prepared. Thank you!
Tina Gonzalez, Edinburgh Napier University, DaVinci Resolve - Two Day Introduction
Great course which I enjoyed and also like the teaching methodology which was very participatory. The trainer was patient and welcomed as many questions from us as were needed!
Ellen Kandororo-Dingani , Royal Commonwealth Society, Dreamweaver - 2 Day Introduction
Excellent service and a great place to be trained with superb and well presented facilities. Trainer couldn't have been better - we will definitely invest in another training course.
Ben Ellis, National Lottery, Photoshop - 2 Day Advanced
Very well presented course, delivered at the right pace for for both beginners and those with a bit more knowledge. I feel much more confident to use this product now.
Michael Knight, Offshore Marine Safety, Adobe Illustrator - Two Day Introduction
Our instructor put us at ease immediately and explained all course content very clearly and efficiently. He quickly realised what level we were at and adapted the content to suit.
Lynn McBean, Material MC, Photoshop - 1 Day Bespoke
Absolutely brilliant. Showed us exactly what we needed to know in a relevant environment to our jobs.
Jane Easterman, Redactive Media Group, PitStop Pro - 1 Day Introduction