Our trainers are SketchUp experts with years of experience teaching SketchUp. Get the technical skills you need with our SketchUp professionals.
Trimble SketchUp Introduction Masterclass 2 Days - Cardiff
Take a deep look at SketchUp as we show you everything you need to get started and take control of this powerful 3D-design program. With our help, you will be able to create complex, curved designs in no time. A great way to get up to speed in the field of 3D design.
We will guide you on everything from getting started with a simple composition and controlling the SketchUp environment all the way up to creating complex shapes containing curves and 3D text. By the end of the course, you will be confident in drawing and manipulating a wide variety of designs.
|Price:||£525.00 ex VAT|
|Duration:||2 Day (10am - 5pm)|
|Computer:||Windows & Mac|
22 Jul - 23 Jul
SketchUp Masterclass 2 Days
Queen Street, Central Cardiff
Next available Cardiff course dates
- 22 Jul - 23 Jul
- 29 Aug - 30 Aug
- 23 Sep - 24 Sep
SketchUp Masterclass 2 Days Overview
This 2-day Masterclass course helps you learn about the tools and features available for power users of SketchUp. We will help you understand how this program allows you to create powerful 3D designs that can be used in many different fields. We will guide you in learning the work area, understanding 2D and 3D geometry, rendering, and much more.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand design best practices
- Create geometry in 2D and 3D
- Generate and connect forms
- Write 3D text
- Render your designs
- Handle complex 3D designs
- Model curves
- Use Ruby extensions
- Optimise and organise your designs
- Interface with other software
Our goals are for you to unlock the full potential of SketchUp and to become a confident power user.
Special offer: self-employed and freelance delegates currently qualify for a 15% discount on the normal price of this course.
Course Target Audience and delegate prerequisites
This course is intended for those with little or no experience in 3D drawing, and is a perfect starting point for graphic designers and other creative professionals.
You will need basic PC or Mac skills, including a solid understanding of a computer's operating system (Windows or Mac OS). You will also need to know how to launch a program, create and save files, and copy files from CDs and other media.
SketchUp Masterclass 2 Days Course OutlineSketchUp Interface and Optimisation
- Setting a more powerful workspace
- Navigation, View and Camera options
- Keyboard shortcuts for productivity
- Creating 2D geometry inside the SketchUp environment
- Move, copy and arrays
- Creating exact geometry with Measurements
- Simple and powerful approaches using the Line tool
- Getting SketchUp to help us with the Inference system
- Using Pushpull to model in 3D
- Other key tools for 3D models including Offset, Follow Me, Scale and Rotate
- Deforming shapes while being accurate with measurements
- Display dimensions
- Looking at how Groups are essential in a variety of ways
- Creating, editing and exploding groups
- Looking at copying (Array) techniques
- Precise positioning of objects
- The difference between Groups and Components
- Using clones to speed up various workflows
- Using the built-in materials to colour and texture a model
- The efficient use of ready-made 3D models to populate a model
The following are provided for your best experience on this course:
- All computers for your use with choice of Windows or Mac systems
- Small class size (limited to a maximum of 4-8 attendees on all sessions)
- Quality reference manual for post course reference to take away with you
- 6 months post course support to assist you where needed
- Official Trimble Authorised Certificate for your successful completion of the course
- Lunch To give you the most flexible options for lunch we provide lunch vouchers which can be redeemed locally at a number of popular eateries including Pret A Manger, EAT, Starbucks, Tesco, Sainsburys, Boots and Greggs
- Refreshments to keep you on top form are available for you throughout the course with a full range of teas, coffees and biscuits
- Pads and pens
Daily course times run between 10am and 5pm with an hour break for lunch and both mid morning and mid-afternoon refreshment breaks. We recommend arrival at 9.45am for registration on the first day of the course.
Further details on benefits included with this Trimble SketchUp course:
Included with our SketchUp courses is the SketchUp in 10 Minutes book for free to use as a post course reference resource. This is a full 200+ page manual to supplement the content covered during the course.
Included with your course booking for all delegates on this course is 6 months free support so if you run into problems or need assistance relating to anything covered during your course we would be happy to assist you during this time.
After your class with XChange Training you will receive our official Certificate as a record of your successful completion of the course.
Delegates attending scheduled or bespoke courses at our training centres will receive lunch and plentiful refreshments including tea, coffee and hot chocolate for each day of the course.
This course is provided at the Cardiff training centre located at:Brunel House
2 Fitzalan Road
The Cardiff training centre is located in Brunel House which is only 3 minutes on foot from Cardiff Queen Street train station. Trains to/from Cardiff Central station run every 10 minutes. Directly opposite the building is a convenient NCP car park.
Daily course times run between 10am and 5pm with an hour break for lunch and both mid morning and mid-afternoon refreshment breaks.
Scheduled Course Enquiry
If you are considering this SketchUp Masterclass 2 Days Course but would like further information simply send us your query quickly & easily with the form below. Whether you would like to check date availability, pricing, course suitability or just need further information about a course send us your query and we will get you a swift reply, usually within 2 business hours!
Bespoke Trimble SketchUp Training
Our bespoke course options for Trimble SketchUp training are shown below:
Bespoke Trimble SketchUp Training Courses
Very enjoyable and I got a lot out of the day. Thank you very much.
Hywel Walters, Morgan Sindall, SketchUp - 1 Day Introduction
Excellent training course and facilities - practical and easy to understand with knowledgeable and helpful Instructor.
Neil Cleary, IMP Planning Ltd, SketchUp - 1 Day Introduction
The trainer was fantastic - obviously passionate about the software he was training us on, and was able to explain it and try to make it relevant to our jobs as much as possible - would highly recommend!
Lauren Stacy, Sense London, Bespoke SketchUp Introduction
Thoroughly enjoyable experience and most useful. I found the teaching style to be unique and most effective.
Chris Turnbull, C.T.D.E., SketchUp - 2 Day Masterclass
Very good training content with enthusiastic & knowledgeable instruction. Equipment very good too.
Matthew Blackburn, SketchUp - 2 Day Masterclass
Very good and enthusiastic tutor who clearly enjoys the subject, and was very keen to impart his knowledge - very good indeed. Thank you.
Stuart Hill, BGY Architects, SketchUp - 1 Day Introduction
Thanks for the brilliant course.. For someone who has basically never opened SketchUp I came away really feeling like I had a good grasp of the program.
Ellie Weidman, SketchUp - 2 Day Masterclass
Very good training session. Was able to fill in any holes we had in experience while keeping the course on track at the same time. Will definitely consider XChange Training again in the future.
Rob Baines, IGL Surveying, Trimble SketchUp - 1 Day Advanced
The instructor was fantastic - very easy going and very knowledgeable. I really enjoyed the course and will definitely look to have more training in future through XChange Training.
David Merritt, DSM Services, SketchUp - 1 Day Introduction
A passionate instructor always makes for great training. The course went above my expectations. Thank you!
Eric Helouin, Chanel, SketchUp Pro - 1 Day Advanced